Ricardo Lopez truly incredible style...

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I have been a fan since forever and I cannot fathom how insanely effective his style is. He stands sideways with guard up and forward similar to a karate stance. Yet the way he uses his punches, his side-step shuffles to the right side and his graceful steps and pivots while using the lead hand and having a jab that works like a homing missile makes style of boxing movie like and its like his the final boss of a boxing movie.

Now I know he has a fictional counter part in Ricardo Martinez but I have always loved Lopez style.

Just curios to know if there is any story about his stance. I have watched so many Mexican boxers and they never stand in a side-stance. Unless I have missed few names. His trainer Nacho teaches squared up but Ricardo is different. I think he did have a previous trainer. But not sure what style of boxing he learned.

I have been a fan since forever and I cannot fathom how insanely effective his style is. He stands sideways with guard up and forward similar to a karate stance. Yet the way he uses his punches, his side-step shuffles to the right side and his graceful steps and pivots while using the lead hand and having a jab that works like a homing missile makes style of boxing movie like and its like his the final boss of a boxing movie.

Now I know he has a fictional counter part in Ricardo Martinez but I have always loved Lopez style.

Just curios to know if there is any story about his stance. I have watched so many Mexican boxers and they never stand in a side-stance. Unless I have missed few names. His trainer Nacho teaches squared up but Ricardo is different. I think he did have a previous trainer. But not sure what style of boxing he learned.
Loved watching the old school Nacho Beristain fighters like the Marquez Brothers and Daniel Zaragoza but Ricardo Lopez was the elite of the Romanza Gym

When people say Canelo is the GOAT mexican fighter i laugh, personally i think both Finito Lopez & Salvador Sanchez are better than cinnamon.

Back