Rewatched Conor v Nate 2

I pretty much scored it the same way. Conor 1 2 4, Diaz 3 5. And even the fifth is debatable, but I think Nate's late takedown probably secured him the round.

Clear UD win for McGregor.

I think everybody with a brain scored it like this

Round 1: 10-9 Conor
Round 2: 10-9 Conor
Round 3: 10-9 Nate
Round 4: 10-9 Conor
Round 5: 10-9 Nate

You mean everyone who jerks off to Conor like yourself?

48-47 Conor. Not really a hard fight to score.

Diaz tripping in the 2nd round is what lost him the fight.

First off what a great fight it was. I thought I would rewatch to check how I scored it. First round to Conor clearly, second I would give to Conor but in the last minute Nate came on strong. 3rd round was clearly for Nate. 4th round I would nudge to Conor but it was a close one. Last round I gave to Nate due to more activity and the takedown.
48-47 for Conor.

How did you score it?

4th round wasn't remotely close. Conor won this by wide UD. Don't get fooled by Diaz fanboys.

1st: Conor 10-9
2nd: Nate 10-9
3rd: Nate 10-9
4th: Conor 10-9
5th: Nate 10-9
But could see the 2nd being a 10-10 round. Reality is, Conor only won a MD, that was very debatable, after being finished by Nate in the first fight.

I thought it was a draw. A trilogy is bound to happen at some point.

Watching it I was pretty sure the judges would score it just like TS, but I felt round 1 should have been a 10-8 round, I also think round 5 really should be a 10-10, not much happened, Nate got a takedown with a few seconds to go but Conor landed the better shots in round 5.

People act like it was a really close fight, and in some ways it was coz it had a back and forth flow, but there's a reason Nates face was a mess and people can compile long highlight videos of Conor landing quality shots, whereas when things get slowed down and the emotion of the fight is removed it's very clear that most of Nates big moments where or him missing and landing on gloves and shoulders, Joe Rogan is the main reason people thought that fight was close from a scoring perspective..

It was a very exciting fight with lots of drama because Nate is a Terminator, not because they are close in ability.

I had it a draw.

His “surprise surprise” post fight speech was cringe as all phuk considering he arguably lost.
Idiots will argue the earth is flat, doesn't mean the rest of society should give them a platform...

Diaz was only competitive in either fight because of his 20 lb. size advantage.

The fight came down to round 2....It was very close but I would give that round to Conor.

However, the fact Nate won the final round and had Conor on his back at the end? All Nate needed was about 1 more minute to finish that fight.

It's hard to think of Conor actually "winning" that fight.

Conor went into round 5 knowing he was likely 3-1 up, in that scenario the correct strategy is to be a bit more conservative as the only was you can lose is by getting finished. Had Conor gone into the 5th thinking it was 2-2 or was down I think he fights very differently but in this case the onus was on Diaz to get the finish and he failed.

The fight came down to round 2....It was very close but I would give that round to Conor.

However, the fact Nate won the final round and had Conor on his back at the end? All Nate needed was about 1 more minute to finish that fight.

It's hard to think of Conor actually "winning" that fight.
Pride rules would have seen Nate as the winner.

If you run away and clock-watch you lose the fight. Nate by TKO.

Conor won the fight but he was lucky Nate's cutman screwed up between rounds 3 and 4, preventing Diaz from applying the pressure that was making McGregor wilt long enough for the Irishman to steal a third round and the fight.

Back