Resident Evil 7 any good?

I've played the Dead Space games and I agree that they were far less anxiety inducing. You must also have enjoyed the Metro games because they also are less tense overall, yet are overwhelmingly immersive. And if you haven't, you must fucking play them ASAP.

Yep, loved both, got the redux editions for free, and installed 2033 redux like 15 mins ago. Good timing! Insanely underrated games in my opinion.

I liked it a lot.

The atmosphere and tension was definitely on point.

Controls are definitely frustratingly clunky at times but it appears intentional to add to the experience.

Yep, loved both, got the redux editions for free, and installed 2033 redux like 15 mins ago. Good timing! Insanely underrated games in my opinion.
So good, so immersive, so tremendous. I just had to pull a Donald Trump. I'm fuckin hyped for the 3rd game which should be out before Xmas.

It would be nice to get some actual confirmation and footage of the RE2 remake as well.

So good, so immersive, so tremendous. I just had to pull a Donald Trump. I'm fuckin hyped for the 3rd game which should be out before Xmas.

It's gonna be great, great, incredible. I mean it's go- incredible. Open world? Everyone loves open world. They make the best open world!

i want a weapon so outlast is out the window for me. i am someone who would confront a threat so it is unreal for me not to fight.

sorry to hear that. it is fun once and a while to get scurred.
weapons in re7 are just props to expand the story and only when they are in their window to work other wise are garbage

It was good but not $60 good. Second half of the game shits the bed with an even shittier ending.

Bought this on the XBL Halloween sale for half off. Still feel mildly ripped off. Although it's better than that abysmal piece of shit RE6, It's honestly not a whole lot better. And I have a ton of complaints to get off my chest after slogging through this turd.

First off, the pacing is utter fucking garbage. The entire first act and part of the second you have no fucking weapon but a handgun, which packs all the power of a gentle breeze. They have no idea if they want to make a puzzle game, an outlast game, or a resident evil game. So you get a REALLY shit version of all 3.

Then after they load you up with shotguns and grenade launchers, you realize there's rarely ever a good reason to fight anything outside of bosses and enemies in chokepoints.

And that's because the controls suck dick. You walk, run, aim, and reload slooowly. The collision detection is asinine. I was constantly getting "stuck" on doorways, background objects, and invisible "barriers". It's like nobody even play tested this piece of shit.

The characters suck and have no development whatsoever. The protagonist is completely bland, and Mia is an evil psychotic bitch but they portray her as a protagonist. Despite having you talk to Zoe the entire game, she has no development or personality at all. Ffs both of the antagonists are more developed than she is.

Last boss fight is a glorified qte, after they send you through yet another labyrinth collecting weapons you needed 10 hours ago, that are borderline pointless now.

And the ENTIRE last two (huge) areas of the game are blatant, monotonous fetch quests. The bulk of my playtime was spent wandering around fetching asinine convoluted keys. The horrendous controls make every boss battle a chore.

Tldr: this game sucks dick, and has zero replay value since 90% of the playthrough is bullshit fetch quests. Oh and they dumbed down the weapon and item system all the way back to RE3.

Final verdict: 4/10. Fuck this game.

Oh.and besides the bosses, there are LITERALLY 4 types of monsters in the game. No zombies, no dogs, no tyrant/nemesis equivalent. No plagas, no giants, etc. And every fucking monster is the same TYPE, a boring amorphous mold creature.

Between the shit controls and cheap enemy design, this is the first RE since RE1 where I actually avoided combat. Since it isn't fun at all and EVERYTHING is a bullet sponge and EVERYTHING respawns. Felt like a weird survival horror megaman with all the fucking respawns.

So much of the gameplay is boring padding and cheap jump scares, I can't imagine wanting to go through all of that once you've seen the story.

There were so many parts where I just wanted to get through the tedious bullshit so I could finish the game and never have to look at it again.

Bought this on the XBL Halloween sale for half off. Still feel mildly ripped off. Although it's better than that abysmal piece of shit RE6, It's honestly not a whole lot better. And I have a ton of complaints to get off my chest after slogging through this turd.

First off, the pacing is utter fucking garbage. The entire first act and part of the second you have no fucking weapon but a handgun, which packs all the power of a gentle breeze. They have no idea if they want to make a puzzle game, an outlast game, or a resident evil game. So you get a REALLY shit version of all 3.

Then after they load you up with shotguns and grenade launchers, you realize there's rarely ever a good reason to fight anything outside of bosses and enemies in chokepoints.

And that's because the controls suck dick. You walk, run, aim, and reload slooowly. The collision detection is asinine. I was constantly getting "stuck" on doorways, background objects, and invisible "barriers". It's like nobody even play tested this piece of shit.

The characters suck and have no development whatsoever. The protagonist is completely bland, and Mia is an evil psychotic bitch but they portray her as a protagonist. Despite having you talk to Zoe the entire game, she has no development or personality at all. Ffs both of the antagonists are more developed than she is.

Last boss fight is a glorified qte, after they send you through yet another labyrinth collecting weapons you needed 10 hours ago, that are borderline pointless now.

And the ENTIRE last two (huge) areas of the game are blatant, monotonous fetch quests. The bulk of my playtime was spent wandering around fetching asinine convoluted keys. The horrendous controls make every boss battle a chore.

Tldr: this game sucks dick, and has zero replay value since 90% of the playthrough is bullshit fetch quests. Oh and they dumbed down the weapon and item system all the way back to RE3.

Final verdict: 4/10. Fuck this game.
I enjoyed Jack 1 and 2 and Marguerite fights. Rest of the game was shit. And the DLC was all cocks. Not worth a season pass at all.

Oh.and besides the bosses, there are LITERALLY 4 types of monsters in the game. No zombies, no dogs, no tyrant/nemesis equivalent. No plagas, no giants, etc. And every fucking monster is the same TYPE, a boring amorphous mold creature.

Between the shit controls and cheap enemy design, this is the first RE since RE1 where I actually avoided combat. Since it isn't fun at all and EVERYTHING is a bullet sponge and EVERYTHING respawns. Felt like a weird survival horror megaman with all the fucking respawns.

So much of the gameplay is boring padding and cheap jump scares, I can't imagine wanting to go through all of that once you've seen the story.

There were so many parts where I just wanted to get through the tedious bullshit so I could finish the game and never have to look at it again.
thanks mike i read the most of it, not the spoilet parts.
I enjoyed Jack 1 and 2 and Marguerite fights. Rest of the game was shit. And the DLC was all cocks. Not worth a season pass at all.
thanks for the feedback as well

Same here pretty much. The boss fights were interesting and somewhat entertaining despite the bad controls.

The most offensive thing about this game is the padding. It's already not that long, and easily half of the game is wandering around finding keys and random doodads.

I've always found it somewhat curious when people say they don't want action in their resident evil games. Ok what's the appeal then, B movie plot and acting? Wandering around solving boring, tedious puzzles and assembling keys that have three or four parts? I'm sorry but that shit is boring. Capcom sucks at designing puzzles and writing dialogue.

The main appeal in every game except portions of RE1, is shooting monsters in the face. Well congrats everyone that wanted to turn RE into outlast.

You got what you wanted, an entire fucking game where all you do is gather videos and notes, move paintings around, assemble nonsensical keys, and do other.fetch quest bullshit. Because that is capcoms idea of "puzzles"

thanks i read the most of it, not the spoilet parts.

thanks for the feedback as well

I tried to speak pretty generally on the plot and avoid any major spoilers. Tbh the story is pretty lacking. Which isn't unusual for them.

Capcom excels at action and art design. They can't write decent characters or design decent puzzles. And RE games were NEVER really about puzzle solving, it was always boring padding between events.

Well fans.bitched and demanded RE "go back to it's.roots", even though the series has ALWAYS.been about action, atmosphere, and item management.

Now that they've got their game that is 90% collecting keys and other random crap, maybe they'll realize capcom isn't good at puzzles or storytelling. They never.have been.

Just bought this and so far, WOW. Better to me than the res evil remakes. Of course, i may change my mind.

I feel like im in a real horror movie. A...Texas Chainsaw Massacre horror movie!

Cheap now. I recommend, but i also liked 5 almost as much as 4.

I'm an old school RE fan and couldn't really get into it.

Anyone played it and have some feedback?
I want a scare factor and just want to have a feel or running around with just a pistol.
Too much of that automatic gun firing these days.

I held back on buying it after seeing the enemies. They look like walking garage which doesn't scare me.
It’s like rob zombie directed it if that means anything to you. It’s pretty good but it’s very different than 6. Just recently started playing it. I like it.

Looks like this is an old bump.

It was pretty fun. Actually has scares and tension.

They say VR is the best way to play but I have no experience with VR

Funny... after i bumped this thread i got to the chainsaw fight and almost deleted my praise.

A fucking total irritation.

Funny... after i bumped this thread i got to the chainsaw fight and almost deleted my praise.

A fucking total irritation.
Seems to be a common criticism with this game. Just really irritating.

Back