Resident Evil 7 any good?

Discussion in 'Video Game Forum' started by itrainUFC, Sep 13, 2017.

1. itrainUFC Black Belt in UFC

itrainUFC
    Anyone played it and have some feedback?
    I want a scare factor and just want to have a feel or running around with just a pistol.
    Too much of that automatic gun firing these days.

I held back on buying it after seeing the enemies. They look like walking garage which doesn't scare me.

2. Eazy123 Brown Belt

Eazy123
    If you want scare factor, play Outlast - you can get the trinity for $30. I thought RE7 was way overrated. The controls are classic RE - garbage. It's a pretty game and definitely gave me the creeps but there are much better ones out there.

3. method115 Steel Belt

method115
    I think they have a demo. Seemed ok but that shit is honestly just to scary for me. The only way I can play those games is by putting it on mute.

Mga223 likes this.
  4. 1PunchKO Forum Moderator

1PunchKO
    It is indeed scary as shit. I can only play in small bursts because it makes me incredibly anxious and sweaty.

kenetics likes this.
  5. itrainUFC Black Belt in UFC

itrainUFC
    i want a weapon so outlast is out the window for me. i am someone who would confront a threat so it is unreal for me not to fight.
    sorry to hear that. it is fun once and a while to get scurred.

method115 likes this.
  6. itrainUFC Black Belt in UFC

itrainUFC
    the monsters don't look scary to me though. maybe the thrill with music is good but idk enemies don't look scary at all.

7. TKing Brown Belt

TKing
    Play it with a good set of headphones at night, you'll be extra careful turning corners and opening doors.

8. Satsui Ryu Brown Belt

Satsui Ryu
    I love scary games, but this is how I thought. This game had what felt like a lot of jump scares and playing a game that long with constant threats of that became bothersome. After a while it wasn't enjoyable. Also, this game is stingy with the ammo so it was definitely survival horror, but dodging enemies was a real pain in the ass so it felt like you were obligated to fight them.

Lots of potential with this game, but I didn't care for the actual execution.

9. RJ43 Silver Belt

RJ43
    Re7 is fantastic. Especially in VR.

kenetics likes this.
  10. The Higher Power "IT'S ME, AUSTIN!!!"

The Higher Power
    Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America
    I loved it, but I'm an old school RE fan who hated the action ones. It's an acquired taste if you got into the series with all the COD bullshit in 5 and especially 6.

MixedMartialArtsFan and Mga223 like this.
  11. Mcmoon Green Belt

Mcmoon
    I'm a pretty big resident evil and most definitely enjoyed it. It is a little short in my opinion. There are some issues such as lack of enemy variety, some unexplained things story wise, and again short. I think I beat it 6 or 7 times to platinum the game. There is going to be free content for download in December of this year so hopefully that will expand and explain a little more story wise.

Great game and definitely a step in the right direction. Really ready for the 2 remake and if does well hopefully 3.

kenetics and itrainUFC like this.
  12. method115 Steel Belt

method115
    Oh wow didn't know they were remaking 2. That was my first entry into the series.

13. itrainUFC Black Belt in UFC

itrainUFC
    i want part 2 for sure. don't care for three though.
    they better have extreme battle mode.

14. Mcmoon Green Belt

Mcmoon

It was confirmed last year I believe. There hasn't been much of if any information since then but it is supposed to be in development.

I would guess the release will be sometime next year or at least I hope it is.

method115 likes this.
  15. SaucyJack Blue Belt

SaucyJack
    Resident Evil 7 is brief but really good. The first part of the game especially is a tense, creepy experience.

kenetics likes this.
  16. WhiskeyPunch Brown Belt

WhiskeyPunch
    How are the guns in RE7? Can you upgrade them and add attachments and stuff?

17. Mcmoon Green Belt

Mcmoon

They are ok. Seeing as how you are basically an unknown guy and not anyone with a military background the guns are somewhat limited. I believe they are good for setting even then somewhat exaggerated as to what is realistic. You cannot upgrade guns as you could in say 4 or 5.

kenetics and WhiskeyPunch like this.
  18. Ice That Jaw Black Belt

Ice That Jaw
    Agreed and agreed. I'm actually replaying RE1 - RE: CV right now (RE1 HD on Steam and the rest on the Dolphin GC emulator).

My issue with RE7 is that it's too creepy. It perfectly capture the rundown and creepy environments of Condemned: Criminal Origins with similar gameplay.

What I am noticing with the first 4 games is that while the environments are also rundown to a degree, they are also very interesting and not just dark and disgusting like RE7. This makes it a lot less scary but also more entertaining. A Mansion, Underground Lab, Police Department, Racoon City, Prison, Arctic Facility, etc are are much more creative than the estate in RE7. I hope they go back to their roots in the next game. I don't like RE 7 very much. I liked RE 4 and RE 5 much better as far as the full 3D games go.

method115 likes this.
  19. hillelslovak87 Black Belt

hillelslovak87
    I get real anxious playing these types of games. Not really scared, just jarred, ever since RE2 on N64 when I was in 8th grade.

However, I LOVED the Dead Space series. The Sci Fi world, the gameplay, and the incredible art style all drove me forward. Loved DS1, and Really loved DS2 and 3, because they were a bit more action oriented, and expanded the story.

You guys play the Dead space games?

20. Ice That Jaw Black Belt

Ice That Jaw
    I've played the Dead Space games and I agree that they were far less anxiety inducing. You must also have enjoyed the Metro games because they also are less tense overall, yet are overwhelmingly immersive. And if you haven't, you must fucking play them ASAP.