Resident Evil 2 Remake/General

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-On-The-Office.gif

You wish. Funny thing I discovered today. Looking around on gaming sites, it seems the pro tank control opinion isn't quite so unanimous. Is that why you're so hostile to my opinion? Stop worrying. They have the ability to accommodate more than one camera/control scheme.

Which is why I said the optional control scheme they introduced in the REmaster would work just fine.

Which is why I said the optional control scheme they introduced in the REmaster would work just fine.

Third person is what I have in mind, not tacked on floaty controls.

If you want to play RE2 with a third person view, play 4/5/6. :wink:

No. Stop it.

"Meat's back on the menu, boys!"

Edit: I was looking through some old photos of my RE/BH collection (which has sadly been in storage for years), but I thought this pic was appropriate for this thread. INB4 nerd, I know lol.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I'm hoping Capcom doesn't cheap out on this. A full remake like the Gamecube RE1 remake would be amazing, but they've been doing cheapo remasters as of late with 4, Re1make and soon RE 0 (not to mention the DmC games and all the versions of SF being add ons for extra cash). They probably saw all the buzz that the FF 7 remake has received and decided to go all in. I'm just hoping that they do go all in (it's not like they can re-use the FMV backgrounds of RE2 anyway like they did with the standard definition backgrounds in Re1make and soon RE0, so they would need to remake all of that anyway). I still have the N64 version of RE2 that required the expansion pack.

I'm hoping Capcom doesn't cheap out on this. A full remake like the Gamecube RE1 remake would be amazing, but they've been doing cheapo remasters as of late with 4, Re1make and soon RE 0 (not to mention the DmC games and all the versions of SF being add ons for extra cash). They probably saw all the buzz that the FF 7 remake has received and decided to go all in. I'm just hoping that they do go all in (it's not like they can re-use the FMV backgrounds of RE2 anyway like they did with the standard definition backgrounds in Re1make and soon RE0, so they would need to remake all of that anyway). I still have the N64 version of RE2 that required the expansion pack.

Well, that's the difference between a remake and a remaster. The remastered version of the RE1 remake was made primarily to guage interest in the original format, as well as bringing it to a widespread audience outside of the Gamecube/Wii. When the polished port turned out to be very successful, they decided to give Zero the same treatment, as it had also suffered from little exposure when released back in 02'.

This will be full on remake, so the only thing they might re-use is the score, and I'm sure they will recreate each track while keeping some of the more notable melodies.

"Meat's back on the menu, boys!"

Edit: I was looking through some old photos of my RE/BH collection (which has sadly been in storage for years), but I thought this pic was appropriate for this thread. INB4 nerd, I know lol.

attachment.php
Are those the old Toy Biz figures? I think I had all of them.

Are those the old Toy Biz figures? I think I had all of them.

Palisades.

These were the Toy Biz figures:
attachment.php

My favorite was the Moby Dick line, not only because they were exclusive to Japan, but because they looked the most like the characters from the games. Unfortunately, they're also quite rare and expensive, typically around 80-100 bucks per figure.

You can see a few of them here:
33a864x.jpg
It'll be nice to display these guys again some day.

Also, this might as well be a Resident Evil General thread until we get some updates lol.

I was thinking about the concept of a RE2 remake and the question if they should make it with the RE4/5/6 over the shoulder camera. Then I remembered, didn't RE5 have DLC which remade RE1's mansion?

Answer - Yes, it did.

[Yt]FT37wuohDtY[/MEDIA]

I noticed was that the enviroments are much more open than they're portrayed in the REmake. This is good for an action game with the main theme isn't horror. What the REmake absolutely nailed that I hope the RE2make emulates is the suspenseful clostrophobic (sp?) atmosphere.

With the camera angles of the REmake and original games, there's an added element of horror in the fact that you can't see everything. You're never given the most ideal camera angle of the enviroment. This element of suspense is completely lost in 3rd and 1st person perspectives because if you want to see something, just look at it from any angle you'd like.

RE4 was quite creepy, even with the 3rd person perspective, but it was due to the overwhelming numbers of enemies were attacking you from any angle.

RE2, for the most part, stuck to the original RE1's formula of small clostrophobic areas, especially in the police department.

So, I hope the RE2make keeps with the traditional fixed camera angles which have served the franchise the best, when it's priority is horror and not action.

I was thinking about the concept of a RE2 remake and the question if they should make it with the RE4/5/6 over the shoulder camera. Then I remembered, didn't RE5 have DLC which remade RE1's mansion?

Answer - Yes, it did.

[Yt]FT37wuohDtY[/MEDIA]

I noticed was that the enviroments are much more open than they're portrayed in the REmake. This is good for an action game with the main theme isn't horror. What the REmake absolutely nailed that I hope the RE2make emulates is the suspenseful clostrophobic (sp?) atmosphere.

With the camera angles of the REmake and original games, there's an added element of horror in the fact that you can't see everything. You're never given the most ideal camera angle of the enviroment. This element of suspense is completely lost in 3rd and 1st person perspectives because if you want to see something, just look at it from any angle you'd like.

RE4 was quite creepy, even with the 3rd person perspective, but it was due to the overwhelming numbers of enemies were attacking you from any angle.

RE2, for the most part, stuck to the original RE1's formula of small clostrophobic areas, especially in the police department.

So, I hope the RE2make keeps with the traditional fixed camera angles which have served the franchise the best, when it's priority is horror and not action.

There was also an easter egg where you could play with fixed camera angles for a portion of the mission, which was a nice little tip o' the hat.

[YT]vSVZYDtMIdM[/YT]

There was also an easter egg where you could play with fixed camera angles for a portion of the mission, which was a nice little tip o' the hat.

[YT]vSVZYDtMIdM[/YT]

Yup, just as I suspected, the RE5 DLC's enviroments are vastly expanded in comparrison to the REmake. They look like 5th graders.

For a second I was curious that the 3rd person perspective could have given the impression that the rooms were bigger. But after watching the same rooms in the fixed camera angles, there's no question that the enironments were expanded to accomidate the perspective.

Thanks for posting, by the way.

Palisades.

These were the Toy Biz figures:
attachment.php

My favorite was the Moby Dick line, not only because they were exclusive to Japan, but because they looked the most like the characters from the games. Unfortunately, they're also quite rare and expensive, typically around 80-100 bucks per figure.

You can see a few of them here:
33a864x.jpg
It'll be nice to display these guys again some day.

Also, this might as well be a Resident Evil General thread until we get some updates lol.
Most of the Toy Biz monster ones were actually pretty good (especially Birkin's second form) but the human characters looked like ass.

Most of the Toy Biz monster ones were actually pretty good (especially Birkin's second form) but the human characters looked like ass.

Yep, I agree.

The only characters I liked were Chris and Hunk. Both had the same base, and Chris pretty much looked like his artwork depiction with his spiky anime hair. I always preferred Hunk's original look, as opposed to his appearance from RE4 onward.

The Moby Dick figure is especially neat, since you can remove his helmet/mask. Looks just like how he was shown in the RE3 epilogue.

My favorite was a Nemesis figure Palisades made like 15 years ago. It looked as good as some of the resin statues that I've seen. They went out of business in 06 though. :(

My favorite was a Nemesis figure Palisades made like 15 years ago. It looked as good as some of the resin statues that I've seen. They went out of business in 06 though. :(

Yea it's very difficult to come by them these days without paying an arm and a leg. Aside from the Moby Dick Rebecca, that Palisades Nemesis figure is the only RE/BH figure that I'm missing.

I do have the Nemesis statue that Palisades made.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The most expensive figure I ever bought was the Nemesis Type-3 from Moby Dick, which is essentially the holy grail of RE/BH figures. It cost me around 300 bucks (actually considered a "great" deal if you can believe it, lol).

Each one of the Moby Dick figures (going for around 40-100+ bucks each) came with one piece of Nemesis Type-3, and even if you collected all twenty or so figures, you were still missing one of his back tentacles...so you had to purchase two of the same figure to complete it.

Well, I said fuck that, and just bought the thing complete. It's over a foot wide and a cool display, but I'm glad it's in storage. I don't think I could stomach looking at it, knowing how much money I blew on that thing lmao.

The Nemesis I had came with his rocket launcher (which I stepped on and broke in half :().
I think I had a Biohazard 3 set from Moby Dick that had Jill in Regina's Dino Crisis outfit and came with either a Brain Sucker or Drain Deimos.

Probably my fav game of all time.... The story was legendary and I have beaten it many times.

Will admit the fucker got me every time he jumped through the interrogation window, one time he got me so bad I yelped "f**kef" turned off my ps and didn't play for a week.

My brother use to play it and I was real young and it scared the shit out of me, so when I finally got the balls to play it, it was really epic.

Can't fucking wait.

The Nemesis I had came with his rocket launcher (which I stepped on and broke in half :().
I think I had a Biohazard 3 set from Moby Dick that had Jill in Regina's Dino Crisis outfit and came with either a Brain Sucker or Drain Deimos.

Fucking accessories, always the first to go lol.

As for the Jill/Brain Sucker set, I think that's one I have sitting behind the Toy Biz collection. Those were actually the first MB figures I got, so I didn't even take them out of the box for a long time.

Will admit the fucker got me every time he jumped through the interrogation window, one time he got me so bad I yelped "f**kef" turned off my ps and didn't play for a week.

Haha, that and the dogs through the window in RE1 are classic shit your pants moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back