Resident Evil 2 Remake/General

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard this is official now. Hopefully they don't fuck it up. The game is basically perfect.

If they modernize the game too much, they will ruin it. The game needs tank controls, fucked up camera angles, and limited save points.

^ They definitely have to walk a thin line.

POOsiJJ.gif

Hopefully they keep Brad in the game.
hqdefault.jpg

If they modernize the game too much, they will ruin it. The game needs tank controls, fucked up camera angles, and limited save points.
They kept all that in the remake of 1. If only they'd kept the legendary voice acting.

Hopefully they keep Brad in the game.
That reminds me, I hope it has the nightmare difficulty level from the DC and PC versions of 2. EVERY zombie is a strong as Brad and takes like 20 bullets to kill.

Breaking up my usual Leon A/Claire B scenario and going the canon route this time. I'm not sure how much the music differs in each but I forgot how great and chilling this soundtrack could be. I don't think I've played and beaten another game as much as I have this and I still love it every time.

Also, it's impossible for me not to jump when the hands come through the boarded up windows early one. 15+ years later and it still fucking gets me. Last summer I hadn't played it in a while and Mr. X nearly made me shit myself when he smashes through the wall in the room where you get the gold gear piece.

"We do ito." lol

I'm looking forward to this and I hope they don't resort to tank controls and fixed camera angles. There's a reason why they were called 'tank controls' in the first place and isn't meant to be flattering. Fans are suffering from too much nostalgia asking for that.

Nope, the fixed camera angles add to the suspense tremendously. As for the controls, they can do what they did for the REmaster and allow the analog stick to move you in whichever direction you point it. Problem solved.

If you want a third person shooter, play one.

Are any of y'all into speedrunning? I'm trying to get the GC Leon A record. It's tough though because I'm playing the US version and not the easier Japanese one.

http://www.speedrun.com/re2

Breaking up my usual Leon A/Claire B scenario and going the canon route this time. I'm not sure how much the music differs in each but I forgot how great and chilling this soundtrack could be. I don't think I've played and beaten another game as much as I have this and I still love it every time.

Also, it's impossible for me not to jump when the hands come through the boarded up windows early one. 15+ years later and it still fucking gets me. Last summer I hadn't played it in a while and Mr. X nearly made me shit myself when he smashes through the wall in the room where you get the gold gear piece.
Leon A/Claire B was originally canon but Capcom retconned it. :(

Because of Ada in 4?

I'm not sure if it was before 4 or not. The Wesker's Report dvd that came with the PS2 version of CV used Leon A/Claire B but then years later Capcom said that never happened. It would make sense considering that disc 1 is Leon and the comic and novel also used LA/CB. Of course it's all moot anyhow since Sherry can instantly heal wounds in 6 because of being infected with the G Virus during 2 and that only happens in Claire A.

Doesn't the Wesker Report also make note of Sherry being infected by William?

Either way, I prefer L-A/C-B. Just wanted to mix it up this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back