Resident Evil 2 Remake/General

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine one of the best paced games being the alpha for RE5......

Yeah me neither.

RE4 Hook man and Castle the cancled ones where the best ones. Sucks they never saw the light and day

RE4 Hook man and Castle the cancled ones where the best ones. Sucks they never saw the light and day

There's probably a good reason why they were cancelled.

Just because they made somewhat interesting trailers, doesn't mean those gameplay mechanics would have carried into a great 12+ hour game.

There was horror in RE5?

Oh sure there were monsters, but there was never any moments that put the player 'on edge.'
Oh sure there was my heartbeat going so fast during lots of chances last minute evasions and reloads, perfect timing and it is a true horror qhen the chainsaw guy is creeping on you lol.

But i know whatcha mean though that there wasnt really this 'slow paced sneaking around in dark setting with a large amount of suspence and a jumpscare', still,there are levels to it but RE 5 is definentley horror or horror/action, like Alien 2.

Oh sure there was my heartbeat going so fast during lots of chances last minute evasions and reloads, perfect timing and it is a true horror qhen the chainsaw guy is creeping on you lol.

But i know whatcha mean though that there wasnt really this 'slow paced sneaking around in dark setting with a large amount of suspence and a jumpscare', still,there are levels to it but RE 5 is definentley horror or horror/action, like Alien 2.

*sigh*

RE5 was more Call of Duty than Resident Evil.

The Japanese special edition comes with a USB keyboard replica of the typewriter for roughly $900. The European special edition comes with 4 precinct keys for roughly $260.

*sigh*

RE5 was as much like CoD as RE4 was, it just lacked the spooky atmosphere. But make no mistake, RE4 was a straight action game with monsters and RE5 carried on the tradition just fine. RE5 just couldn't match this kind of spooky and mysterious ambience. You can never have enough fog.

3F35369860E4931971B707101CF5ECD1531BDB1E

There's probably a good reason why they were cancelled.

Just because they made somewhat interesting trailers, doesn't mean those gameplay mechanics would have carried into a great 12+ hour game.

The earlier build for RE4 which featured the castle had an enemy known as the Black Fog, which couldn’t be rendered properly on the Nintendo GameCube’s hardware due to its flailing smoke like body so the build was scratched, although it’s rumored that the Fog’s design was reused as the Ouroborus virus in RE5 when the technology was finally efficient enough to handle its animation.

Slims were already that price last year for the holiday sales.

Probably will be again this year (especially with a new SKU coming out soon or already has can't remember what the date was), what price are Pro's where you are , $400ish? Not sure Sony would want to let places drop the price by half unless something drastic happens with the PS5 development.

*sigh*

Not really, but RE5 is a weird game nonetheless. The "horror" element was pretty much done away with in RE4, so I don't think that was the problem. Mechanically, it's pretty much RE4 with some co-op bullshit forced upon the player(which I believe was it's biggest problem). I think it just came out at a time where every TPS game had built upon RE4's mechanics, so when it came out it seemed incredibly dated. It must've been odd being the developers, and wondering where they went so wrong, since it was a merely built from the same gameplay that made RE4 such a breath of fresh air and got tons and tons of praise heaped upon them.

Not really, but RE5 is a weird game nonetheless. The "horror" element was pretty much done away with in RE4, so I don't think that was the problem. Mechanically, it's pretty much RE4 with some co-op bullshit forced upon the player(which I believe was it's biggest problem). I think it just came out at a time where every TPS game had built upon RE4's mechanics, so when it came out it seemed incredibly dated. It must've been odd being the developers, and wondering where they went so wrong, since it was a merely built from the same gameplay that made RE4 such a breath of fresh air and got tons and tons of praise heaped upon them.
Play RE4 and RE5 right now and tell me which game actually has atmospheric survival horror aswell as much better gameplay. RE5 is so clunky compared to RE4 and thats clunky by todays standards.

Play RE4 and RE5 right now and tell me which game actually has atmospheric survival horror aswell as much better gameplay. RE5 is so clunky compared to RE4 and thats clunky by todays standards.

Atmosphere is obviously better in RE4. The mechanics are virtually identical though. Neither game is more clunky than other in that regard, except for the aforementioned co-op/AI partner bullshit in RE5. Other than that, all the shit RE5 ate for it's mechanics being outdated were prevalent in RE4. RE4 just came first, and the mechanics weren't outdated, but hailed as revolutionary at the time, so it gets a pass, even when looking at it today.

RE4 isn't really a survival horror game either though. It's an action game with a horror backdrop. The only thing you have to master to survive, is a head shot.

Atmosphere is obviously better in RE4. The mechanics are virtually identical though. Neither game is more clunky than other in that regard, except for the aforementioned co-op/AI partner bullshit in RE5. Other than that, all the shit RE5 ate for it's mechanics being outdated were prevalent in RE4. RE4 just came first, and the mechanics weren't outdated, but hailed as revolutionary at the time, so it gets a pass, even when looking at it today.

RE4 isn't really a survival horror game either though. It's an action game with a horror backdrop. The only thing you have to master to survive, is a head shot.
Honestly to me it did feel like survival horror aat times, like when youre stuck in the hut with Luis, and youve got zombies coming every which way, and the beginning of the game, where youre stuck in the early prtion of the village, not knowing what to do and where to go (first playthrough) etc. That game blended action, survival horror etc so well, that even though it was more on the action side, the moments of survival horror, and the awesome downtime, just added to the slight chilling effect. A top 5 game of all time.

Honestly to me it did feel like survival horror aat times, like when youre stuck in the hut with Luis, and youve got zombies coming every which way, and the beginning of the game, where youre stuck in the early prtion of the village, not knowing what to do and where to go (first playthrough) etc. That game blended action, survival horror etc so well, that even though it was more on the action side, the moments of survival horror, and the awesome downtime, just added to the slight chilling effect. A top 5 game of all time.

I'm only working off of what the traditional defined term of what "survival horror" is. I can understand if you felt those moments qualify, but I'm more talking about having to strategically balance your item management, and pick your shots in order to survive, where you can't just kill everything in the room to get to the next, and ammo just spawns out your ass. In that regard, RE4 was more of an action game, that wanted you to shoot your way out of problems, rather than scavenge, shoot a little bit, and then run and just scrape by on the very limited supplies you have.

You want Claire gameplay?

Here's your Claire gameplay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back