Resident Evil 2 Remake/General

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope this does well. I want a RE3 remake with the Nemesis chasing you all over the god damn place after this.

I was expecting a shiny paint job like they did with REmake and RE0. I was pretty blown away when the trailer was shown to be RE2. Pretty hyped for this, after all these years, it's still my favorite RE out there. Would love to see RE3 and Code Veronica get the same treatment.

I really hope this does well. I want a RE3 remake with the Nemesis chasing you all over the god damn place after this.
I was expecting a shiny paint job like they did with REmake and RE0. I was pretty blown away when the trailer was shown to be RE2. Pretty hyped for this, after all these years, it's still my favorite RE out there. Would love to see RE3 and Code Veronica get the same treatment.
Give it another decade. Maybe we’ll get a trailer for one of them by then lol.

This game looks awesome. After how bad RE6 was I lost hope but the last game was great.

Take my money. Can't wait for this game.

RE2 is by FAR my favorite of the series.

REmake was a lot more than a shiny paint job.

DfdVZfDUcAANNj-.jpg
Can't tell the difference.

Rumor has it their will be an option to choose from over the shoulder perspective and stationary camera view.

Either way this game looks sick and I'm gonna buy it. I'm actually going to go back and replay RE4 on pcsx2 since I can run it at 4K widescreen.

*Update - I keep dying. I'm so spoiled by modern day controls I forgot how bad things used to be :eek:

Last edited:

Gameplay demo

Lol, the Japanese devs brought back the "WE DO IT!" shirts.

I was expecting the TLoU2 or Cyberpunk2077 trailers to be the highlight of E3, but the RE2 trailer & demo just blew everything else out of the water.

I've been waiting for this for 16 years. I was a member of a RE message board called New-Blood, and we were all hyped up about RE2 being remade after the REmake was so awesome.

Little did we know at the time the REmake was not a financial success because it was on GameCube. That fact alone significantly hurt its sales being on a system mainly for kids. Who the hell would have ever predicted it would be a HUGE success over a decade later when it was finally ported over to newer systems?

I mean, RE4 had been ported over to damn near everything that could hook up to a screen... yet the idiots at Capcom never figured out the REmake would have somewhat of a similar success?

Anyway... back the the new RE2. I thought this game was in development hell since it was announced... was it three years ago now? Or four?... and there's not been a damn thing announced about it since, including last January on RE2's 20th anniversary.

I wasn't expecting a trailer & demo, but a cancellation announcement.

So when I'm surfing YouTube for new trailers, and one came up under suggestions - 'E3 2018 Resident Evil 2 Trailer' I verbally said "You gotta be fucking kidding me."

Saw the trailer.... and wow... I mean wow... everything I imagined what a RE2 remake to look like in 2018 is right there.

*No stupid campiness.
*No retarded villains.
*No superhero martial arts moves.
*No tank controls.
*No fixed camera angles.
*No bright enviroments at night.

This is Resident Evil at its purest, which we haven't seen in over 16 fucking years.

I have a rule about getting excited for games based on trailers & demos, but goddamn it I'm breaking that rule for this game.

Although Capcom hasn't been the best developer in forever (seriously, when was the last game they released that was 10/10?). I'm putting my faith on the Las Vegas betting lines that this game is going to be awesome.

Narrively, RE2 & RE3 was the franchise's high point because the Raccoon City setting was awesome. Then C:V, RE4, RE5, & RE6 went off to various locations throughout the world that weren't ever anywhere as cool as Racoon City.

Though, the Antartica base in C:V may have been the lone exception.

Resident Evil may be granted a second chance to be revived to correct the mistakes of the original games, and continue on as it should have.

Last edited:
I hope they add some more paths through the game. It is fairly linear when you think about it. Still, I have been waiting for this since the REmake.

Some information from the stream they just had

- You can save without ink ribbons but higher difficulty options will let you use ink ribbons for limited saves like traditional old RE games.
- Besides the initial load or dying, there is no load screen in the game. Entirely seamless experience. No classic door animations.
- Bite marks are persistent on Leon's neck (maybe until the next time you use a herb ?)
- Limb destruction is in. You can shoot off parts off zombies/dead bodies.
- Adding new areas to explore before reaching the RPD. Even the RPD has new areas added to explore (a new third floor we've seen in shots)
- Classic items like film rolls and themed keys (Spade/club etc) spotted in stream.
- The shotgun blast is fucking SICK. Tore off half of a zombie's face.
- Wooden boards can be used to board up windows to stop zombies from coming in. Boards are limited.
- Capcom is still adjusting the difficulty levels for the game. Aim is to provide intense combat/gameplay feel against brutal/strong zombies.
- Stopping while aiming is recommend for 'easy aiming'. Walking + shooting is present but incurs drastic aiming penalties.
- Health indicator pops up during game play, not exclusive to visiting the item menu.
- Defence items can be retrieved from Zombie corpses.
- Claire seems to enter the RPD from the opposite side.

Save room

93c862a7359d4d7faf68c8a0b232dda2.gif

26c6dc50b7402cc8e0a860149cf7ccf4.gif

<13>

Stream replay link, skip to 26:00

Last edited:
“Will you take the green herb?”

<GinJuice>

I was expecting the TLoU2 or Cyberpunk2077 trailers to be the highlight of E3, but the RE2 trailer & demo just blew everything else out of the water.

I've been waiting for this for 16 years. I was a member of a RE message board called New-Blood, and we were all hyped up about RE2 being remade after the REmake was so awesome.

Little did we know at the time the REmake was not a financial success because it was on GameCube. That fact alone significantly hurt its sales being on a system mainly for kids. Who the hell would have ever predicted it would be a HUGE success over a decade later when it was finally ported over to newer systems?

I mean, RE4 had been ported over to damn near everything that could hook up to a screen... yet the idiots at Capcom never figured out the REmake would have somewhat of a similar success?

Anyway... back the the new RE2. I thought this game was in development hell since it was announced... was it three years ago now? Or four?... and there's not been a damn thing announced about it since, including last January on RE2's 20th anniversary.

I wasn't expecting a trailer & demo, but a cancellation announcement.

So when I'm surfing YouTube for new trailers, and one came up under suggestions - 'E3 2018 Resident Evil 2 Trailer' I verbally said "You gotta be fucking kidding me."

Saw the trailer.... and wow... I mean wow... everything I imagined what a RE2 remake to look like in 2018 is right there.

*No stupid campiness.
*No retarded villains.
*No superhero martial arts moves.
*No tank controls.
*No fixed camera angles.
*No bright enviroments at night.

This is Resident Evil at its purest, which we haven't seen in over 16 fucking years.

I have a rule about getting excited for games based on trailers & demos, but goddamn it I'm breaking that rule for this game.

Although Capcom hasn't been the best developer in forever (seriously, when was the last game they released that was 10/10?). I'm putting my faith on the Las Vegas betting lines that this game is going to be awesome.

Narrively, RE2 & RE3 was the franchise's high point because the Raccoon City setting was awesome. Then C:V, RE4, RE5, & RE6 went off to various locations throughout the world that weren't ever anywhere as cool as Racoon City.

Though, the Antartica base in C:V may have been the lone exception.

Resident Evil may be granted a second chance to be revived to correct the mistakes of the original games, and continue on as it should have.

I think you're downplaying how amazing Resident Evil 4 is. 2 is a great game but 4 is the best in the series. Probably my favorite game of all time.

I think you're downplaying how amazing Resident Evil 4 is. 2 is a great game but 4 is the best in the series. Probably my favorite game of all time.
I love 4 but I replayed the game last week on PS4 and it felt like such a slog at times. Not to mention how annoying Ashley is.

Objectively it’s a better game but I’ve played RE2 through probably 50 times and it never gets old for me.

I love 4 but I replayed the game last week on PS4 and it felt like such a slog at times. Not to mention how annoying Ashley is.

Objectively it’s a better game but I’ve played RE2 through probably 50 times and it never gets old for me.

That's actually what I'm worried about with the remake. 60 dollars is a lot for such a short game. I liked that RE4 was a really long game. The enemy variety was great and creative.

RE4 is a masterpiece, and it is overall the best game in the series.

And it, without question, has the best damn gameplay in the series. Overall it's a very fun game to play.

But, the problem is the storyline and setting. The story is shit (A cult kidnaps the President's father? GTFO). The setting is 1800s France with cults, castles, and diaboicle plans to take over the world? And Leon is the definition of an American action movie hero?

The entire game supposedly takes place at night, yet every enviroment is lit up like a christmas tree.

After the REmake came out in 2002, I was BEGGING for another RE with an emphasis on horror. I've heard RE7 scratches that itch, but I haven't got around to playing it.

Don't get me wrong, I love RE4, and recently replayed through it on PC. Had a freakin blast... but I never felt scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back