Republican Supreme Court blockade revisited: Supreme Court about to destroy public unions

And trump winning was entirely predictable, when Obama and the dems sold this country out on obamacare, the gfc, and the ME.

The ACA passed, as did the ARRA and financial reform. You were supporting a rollback and anti-worker policies, but I guess you didn't realize it. Now that you do, however (and as I predicted), you still aren't admitting that you were wrong. So the gnashing of teeth at this point, after it's too late to do anything and after you willingly marched through the slaughterhouse when you had a chance to do something, is pretty hollow.

I don't think anyone would have a problem if the unions were not spending the money backing political candidates that they did not agree with. If they were spending the money that they donate to politicians instead to help the actual workers who pay them they probably wouldn't mind paying the dues.

I agree, I don't think the unions should be supporting any candidates.

And trump winning was entirely predictable, when Obama and the dems sold this country out on obamacare, the gfc, and the ME.
What an asinine comment this is. Virtually no one predicted Trump winning. It was a confluence of events, putting Trump on Obama and the Dems is pathetic.

The ACA passed, as did the ARRA and financial reform. You were supporting a rollback and anti-worker policies, but I guess you didn't realize it. Now that you do, however (and as I predicted), you still aren't admitting that you were wrong. So the gnashing of teeth at this point, after it's too late to do anything and after you willingly marched through the slaughterhouse when you had a chance to do something, is pretty hollow.

Obama care didn't fix the HC problem. Fact.

The dems didn't raise capital requirements high enough on financial institutions to prevent creating incentive for the very behavior that created the GFC. Fact.

Obama ran on ending the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and instead opened covert wars all across the ME. Fact.

One of these days perhaps you will accept that Donald trump isn't president, if the Dems had done a good job.

You want to lay the blame anywhere, but where it actually belongs. With the politician's policies who were so unpopular, that trump was elected president.

Get it through your head Jack. Trump isnt president if Obama's presidency was actually successful.

What an asinine comment this is. Virtually no one predicted Trump winning. It was a confluence of events, putting Trump on Obama and the Dems is pathetic.

What is asinine is throwing shade for failed policies.

Trump isn't president if people were happy with what the Dems did for 8 years.

I don't think anyone would have a problem if the unions were not spending the money backing political candidates that they did not agree with. If they were spending the money that they donate to politicians instead to help the actual workers who pay them they probably wouldn't mind paying the dues.

Trying reading the fucking OP or really anything about the issue before you post.

Using nonmember fees toward political spending IS ALREADY ILLEGAL. The already "help the actual workers who pay them" by fucking law.

Everything you are saying is exactly why this ruling would be bullshit. These people already have the option to not have their dues pay for political activities. The law is only that they have to pay for the money that directly helps them individually in collective bargaining. But they want to free ride, because conservatives are stupid and lazy, and they only care that they get the extra $20 a month, regardless of whether future generations of workers, themselves included, get hundreds less in the long run by killing the union.

What.

This was an entirely predictable consequence of Trump's victory, which you enthusiastically supported.
All of these Scotus issues were predictable.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/t...d-get-me-to-vote-for-hillary-clinton.3205779/
This is the one thing that could get me to vote for Hillary Clinton.

If Clinton wants me to consider voting for her, she needs to guarantee in no uncertain terms, that the defining litmus test for her supreme court nominees would be Citizen's United.

Anyone taken a look at Garland's history on Citizens' United, because it isn't good. Of course I am not surprised that the corporatist Obama, is trying to appoint a corporatist judge.

This is the one issue that Trump's trade for me. Pun intended.

The Heritage foundation Mr. Trump? Really? Are you trying to alienate your Independent supporters?

Your conservative voters would follow you off a cliff Mr. Trump. You need to pander to the Independents here.

Trying reading the fucking OP or really anything about the issue before you post.

Using nonmember fees toward political spending IS ALREADY ILLEGAL. The already "help the actual workers who pay them" by fucking law.

Everything you are saying is exactly why this ruling would be bullshit. These people already have the option to not have their dues pay for political activities. The law is only that they have to pay for the money that directly helps them individually in collective bargaining. But they want to free ride, because conservatives are stupid and lazy, and they only care that they get the extra $20 a month, regardless of whether future generations of workers, themselves included, get hundreds less in the long run by killing the union.

What.

What......obamacare did nothing to solve the HC crisis. Their is a reason HC insurance companies shares skyrocketed after it was passed. Their is a reason we are still fighting over HC, and it isn't because Obamacare worked.

I dont care much about public unions, a lot of the benefits they give should be law and available to everyone.

I am going to skip the redic shit that this is somehow the Dems fault (not you of course).

I agree with your post, govt and taxation should be solving this stuff.

From a pragmatic perspective however govt is moving in the opposite direction, so this does not help.

Obama care didn't fix the HC problem. Fact.

The dems didn't raise capital requirements high enough on financial institutions to prevent creating incentive for the very behavior that created the GFC. Fact.

Obama ran on ending the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and instead opened covert wars all across the ME. Fact.

One of these days perhaps you will accept that Donald trump isn't president, if the Dems had done a good job.

You want to lay the blame anywhere, but where it actually belongs. With the politician's policies who were so unpopular, that trump was elected president.

Get it through your head Jack. Trump isnt president if Obama's presidency was actually successful.

In all cases, you're talking about areas where we had large improvement, but we're not living in Utopia now. And, what's more, we'd have bigger improvements if not for the need for legislative compromise with the right. And your solution to not going quite far enough in one direction is to support drastic change in the other direction. I could have told you that was stupid before the election, but you can surely see it now, even if you can't admit it.

Also, your election analysis is beneath consideration and doesn't reflect reasoning that you (or anyone else) would apply consistently.

If you're at work at midnight and don't have internet on your cell phone, you could likely really benefit from a union.

The way I look at it, there are plenty of things that might help me personally that I would never vote for. I don't want anything for free, mostly because i know enough that nothing in life is really free.

Individuals should be free to negotiate any wage rate they find acceptable.

If they wish to group together in order to negotiate a wage rate, that's perfectly acceptable, and perfectly keeping in line with the freedom of association.

The problem arises when the state compels that association, or compels fees from that forced association.

This is how i see it too. Personally i would rather be more free rather than have more money or be safer. I have never read a rational argument as to why government workers need a union.

The way I look at it, there are plenty of things that might help me personally that I would never vote for. I don't want anything for free, mostly because i know enough that nothing in life is really free.

Admirable. Would you feel the same if you were working without the protection that unions forced into law? If you were working, say, 80 hours a week for $4.00/hr, or under hazardous or unhealthy conditions?

And, to be clear, aggregating your economic interests with those like you is not getting something "for free." It's maximizing your own worth.

What......obamacare did nothing to solve the HC crisis. Their is a reason HC insurance companies shares skyrocketed after it was passed. Their is a reason we are still fighting over HC, and it isn't because Obamacare worked.

Well, that's just wrong.

The ACA increased the standards of care, reduced cost growth, and expanded coverage - all on the backs of increased taxes on the rich.

Republicans, and some centrist Democrats, are the ones that forced out the public option, which was the mechanism to leverage the law into single payer.

Obamacare has worked to the best extent that was possible in the political environment in which it was made. In fact, it exceeded most objective forecasts.

Admirable. Would you feel the same if you were working without the protection that unions forced into law? If you were working, say, 80 hours a week for $4.00/hr, or under hazardous or unhealthy conditions?

And, to be clear, aggregating your economic interests with those like you is not getting something "for free." It's maximizing your own worth.

I certainly wouldn't be satisfied with those wages, but i wouldn't vote for them to be not allowed. Most likely if that was the best job i could get i would learn a better skill or figure out a better side hustle, which is pretty much what I do now anyways.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what unions have done historically, and I certainly appreciate the opportunities here in America. My family are immigrants who came from 8 people in an apartment who scratched and crawled to where we are now with no public aid.

Still don't get why government employees need union representation today.

I have never worked for a government or corporation so many of these concepts like paid vacation or furlow days are pretty foreign to me

Back