Report: Holly Holm will only fight Cyborg at 135 pounds; Cyborg responds

I'm glad all the Cyborg haters are going to see how good Cyborg Is against these "ufc"caliber girls.
Zuffa will finally tell you how good she is. It's ok

Lol have you seen Cyborg fight before?
She would absolutely crush most of these girls, effortlessly.
Holly may be able to dance for a bit, but she eventually would get overwhelmed. Tate would probably die.

Cyborg is just used to beat up smaller and less skilled females compared to the 135 division. Cyborg would get herself into serious trouble, that's why she stays away.

Whether or not she'd be beaten at 135 idk but she'd have less of a size advantage. All I'm saying is the excuse that she can't make 135 healthy is false.
Everyone in the world can lose muscle mass if you have a lot of it.
Ok. This is what im not understanding. If you're saying that she can definitely make 135, and that she is just looking for a size advantage, then why hasn't she lost the weight? She would still have a size advantage over these girls at 135. (And people keep talking about how easy it is as if she's some n00b that knows nothing about fitness and weight, and/or isn't surrounded by people that know what they're doing)
There's only 2 ways to look at this: you either think that she she's scared of some of the 135 girls, OR she can't healthily make weight AND fight. The former is absurd in my opinion.
True or not, the only thing that makes sense is that she truly believes that she can't make weight and perform safely.

Forget all of them over 5 lbs, that's a sandwich.

Forget all of them, rather have a fucking sandwich then listen to all this BS crap.

Women go make me a damn sandwich and stfu.

Fight would be pretty evenly matched imo. I wouldn't be surprised if either won by tko.

Cyborg is on a league of her own. It's more of their loss not fighting her.

I feel that cyborg should shift her focus a bit and speak to her team. In my view 2 things

1 time to focus getting Zingano to fight at a catch weight. It actually might make sense to her.

2 you can be sure that if this is now holms pov, the rest of the top 135ers will follow suit. It's time to talk to Lockhart and really explore getting to 135

She has a huge fight tonight. Why would people cry about her being non-committal about another fight? It's a fucking amateur mistake. Are some of you newbs to the sport? Did you think it was a good idea for Conor's coach to talk about Robbie Lawler and the 170 pound title before the RDA/Diaz fight?

Bottom line is that she is a contender at 135 and she wants that title back, and tonight is the first step.

Ok. This is what im not understanding. If you're saying that she can definitely make 135, and that she is just looking for a size advantage, then why hasn't she lost the weight? She would still have a size advantage over these girls at 135. (And people keep talking about how easy it is as if she's some n00b that knows nothing about fitness and weight, and/or isn't surrounded by people that know what they're doing)
There's only 2 ways to look at this: you either think that she she's scared of some of the 135 girls, OR she can't healthily make weight AND fight. The former is absurd in my opinion.
True or not, the only thing that makes sense is that she truly believes that she can't make weight and perform safely.
She'd still have a size advantage just not as big of one. And becoming smaller would mean making new adjustments to a newer smaller body. Anyhow I gotta go, we can discuss more later if u want

Hahahaahah, what a utter piece of hogwash, everybody with just a very limited knowlegde of muscle and strength knows that nothing is easier than stripping off some muscle mass, - easier even than losing fat! Just cut back on "vitamins" and strength training and presto you make weight!

Cyborg is too afraid of fighting without a huge size and strength advantage though, that's why she's ducking - true story bro...
Lol at Cyborg ducking a division below her while Holly is on record rejecting a fight with Cyborg at 198.

Gina Carano is the real WGOAT.

You ppl are really dumb, Holly isn't ducking Cyborg, Holly is making every fight count towards a titleshot.

If she fights at 140 catchweight against an UNRANKED UFC fighter, how does that help her at all?

The matchmaters at the UFC are going to be like "Yea Holly fought this 140lb nobody, no title shot", why? cuz the match matchers and everyone in the UFC hate Holly and will bury her.

That's why she's not giving any excuses for them to use.

Holly is GETTING OLD, she has to make every fight count for her, not let someone who previously GOT BUSTED and is NOT CLEAN fight on her terms, while Holly is the most tested UFC fighter ever.

Holly is overrated in MMA, you will see tonight

You ppl are really dumb, Holly isn't ducking Cyborg, Holly is making every fight count towards a titleshot.

If she fights at 140 catchweight against an UNRANKED UFC fighter, how does that help her at all?

The matchmaters at the UFC are going to be like "Yea Holly fought this 140lb nobody, no title shot", why? cuz the match matchers and everyone in the UFC hate Holly and will bury her.

That's why she's not giving any excuses for them to use.

Holly is GETTING OLD, she has to make every fight count for her, not let someone who previously GOT BUSTED and is NOT CLEAN fight on her terms, while Holly is the most tested UFC fighter ever.
Actually you're really dumb. If Holly was to beat Cyborg not only would they give her a TS at 135(Dana is on record saying if Smith beat CYborg she would be in consideration for a TS. LESLIE SMITH OF ALL PPL). She has major consideration for being WMMA Goat. Quit trying to throw up lame ass excuses for not seeing this fight. Do you even like MMA bro?

Fuck the 135 division. Do away with it and make a 140 division. Increase your talent pool.

This is actually a great idea. The smaller 135ers can go down to the new 125 class, and the larger ones can move up to 140.

This should be an unambiguous sign to Cyborg that if she wants the big fights, she's going to have to make weight. If Cyborg wants it bad enough, she'll make 135. Cyborg's unfounded indignation and nonsensical demands aren't getting her anywhere. Make weight or shut up, Cyborg.

Once again the white knights proving they are not actually MMA fans and don't actually want to see the big fights.

Back