Report: Holly Holm will only fight Cyborg at 135 pounds; Cyborg responds

I see what you're saying and I agree to an extent. I don't feel that there's any shame in not wanting to fight cyborg out of 135. That's fine for obvious reasons. However, if you're going out of your way to bad mouth a larger fighter without any intention of making that fight happen or meeting in the middle, then keep your mouth shut. I don't know when smaller fighters demanding larger fighters to cut all the way to the lighter class became admirable or fashionable. Obviously im speaking of Ronda here. Granted Holly hasn't been disrespectful towards Cyborg, it's not a good look to claim interest in a catch weight fight only to back pedal when it becomes a possibility. Cyborg is certainly in no place to making demands. She needs to take the fights the UFC offers. She's not accomplishing anything for WMMA or her division moving forward by being picky. She needs to know she's the only one who can spark interest in women's FW. She won't do that by sitting out and waiting. The bigger her name gets the bigger the pay day for her opponents. Big pay days = bigger names. I do think Cyborg has a valid bitch but only in regards to those who only claim to want the fight to bolster their brand only to back out when it becomes a realistic possibility. Long story short, Cyborg has no place to call out BW's that don't have a personal vendetta with her and if you don't want to fight the born at 140, don't talk about it.
I agree with every bit of that.
4Szsdl2.gif

We're not so different, you and I.

The argument from cyborg fans is 135 is too much extreme a weight cut. Yeah that much water weight dropping is dangerous, how bout losing some muscle mass? It's super easy.
If anyone here is buff but wants to lose weight, just do cardio at the gym, don't lift for just a few weeks. Watch the weight melt away
And all cyborg haters keep saying this same tired thing. If it was so easy, why hasn't she done it? Who at 135 could she possibly fear? If she felt she could safely make the weight amd perform, she would do it. Sherdoggers thinking they know her body better than her and her team do.
"But..but before her team said she could make the weight! " those were wolf tickets. They were just trying to keep her name relevant.

The reason, other than her desperately trying to get on the NYC money card, is because since last year, especially toward the end, Zuffa told her she had to make 135 or they were going to stop supplementing her Invicta purses. No more 100k to beat up 6-2 fighters. They gave her the 140 fight in her hometown as a favor and to show some dynamic ideas to the bidders. Who knows what the new ownership will do. Especially now that there isnt that built in Rousey champ feud for haters of both of them to run with, she's quickly finding herself on the outside looking in.

I think she's really starting to feel the pressure from management, but thats pure speculation.

She hasnt offered anyone any incentive to fight her, she lost a lot of fans in SF cos she got caught juicing, she makes no effort to build up a 145 division, she just expects smaller girls to risk their career and health cos she needs big name fights, but she won't lose the muscle to cut to 135...

Her management need to put a foot up her ass.

And all cyborg haters keep saying this same tired thing. If it was so easy, why hasn't she done it? Who at 135 could she possibly fear? If she felt she could safely make the weight amd perform, she would do it. Sherdoggers thinking they know her body better than her and her team do.
"But..but before her team said she could make the weight! " those were wolf tickets. They were just trying to keep her name relevant.
She hasn't done it so she can have the size advantage, that's obvious. So many fighters constantly go down weight classes, it's not at all she can't, she doesn't want to

And all cyborg haters keep saying this same tired thing. If it was so easy, why hasn't she done it? Who at 135 could she possibly fear?

Most of them will be a threat to Cyborg at 135, Cyborg will soon lose and get her name, rumor and legacy devaluated. The calling out of smaller fighters that she has done for years now is just trademarking.

To beat her and be a part of a big fight that everyone else is too "professional" to take. Win or lose it's a big fight. Whoever steps up and fights Cyborg first has got the division by the balls. A hungry contender should do it.

Fuck it. If Pena doesn't get a title shot, then she should go fuck Cyborg up. It's a great opportunity to put on the first serious Women's MMA super fight. Ridiculous safe playing.

Any of these ladies in the top 10 at 135 lbs have a legit chance in beating her. it's bullshit that they don't fight.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
yeah leslie smith really has the division by the balls now...

Listen, I'm not a Cyborg hater, but why are these girls expected to go up to fight her ? It's ridiculous.

If someone wants to go up a weight class, fine, but it shouldn't be expected of any fighter.

this is what people are not understanding. the reason why people are irritated with Holm is because she said she'd fight her no problem, said nothing about having issues with the weight class, and now once it can come true she puts a stipulation on it.

people are irritated with Ronda because she talked tons of shit for years about Cyborg and how she'd beat her but won't fight her at 145 or a catchweight even after being the one to call Cyborg out.

nobody is angry with any of the other 135lbers because none of the other girls said they fight Cyborg.

this is a case of "don't sign checks with your mouth your ass can't cash".

i wanna see cyborg vs nunes ! destruction lol

I don't think that actually happened on those occasions Cyborg announced so before! Cyborg chickened out and made up lame exuses, clearly ducking the 135 division! Cyborg knows that she can't be competitive without a huge strength and size advantage, so she keep her name "hot" by empty talk only.
Righhhhhhht. Cyborg is the only fighter in MMA history to be accused of ducking a division BELOW her while knowing she would take a fight at CW with anyone in a second. Retarded. Like Cyborg has said she has been working for the past 2 years to get down to 140 and looked her leanest of her career. She initially didn't want to do it she feels like she was owed her own division since she has been the best WMMA for years while less talented other females have simply because of looks. Cyborg has no other choice but to now kill herself a little more and cut the extra 3 pounds just to prove to newbies and haters she is the undisputed goat.

She hasn't done it so she can have the size advantage, that's obvious. So many fighters constantly go down weight classes, it's not at all she can't, she doesn't want to
That's your opinion.
She would still have a size advantage if she cut down to135 come fight night.
And she's asking for 140..that aint that far off. I don't see how that is an unreasonable number. Who do you guys really think is a threat to her at 135? She would not need a size advantage to brutalize any of those girls.

Meh, I wanna see cyborg fight all these girls too. All she has to do is drop 5 pounds of muscle since she can already make 140. I don't feel bad for cyborg who so is so blatantly trying to fight smaller girls who have more name recognition without giving up her size advantage.

Am I the only one who thinks this rumour is bullshit? Why would Holly's camp be talking to journalists about Cyborg the day before the fight with Shevchenko? Wouldn't they be focusing on the fight right in front of her?

Maybe we should wait for confirmation before we accuse someone of backtracking?

Most of them will be a threat to Cyborg at 135, Cyborg will soon lose and get her name, rumor and legacy devaluated. The calling out of smaller fighters that she has done for years now is just trademarking.
Lol have you seen Cyborg fight before?
She would absolutely crush most of these girls, effortlessly.
Holly may be able to dance for a bit, but she eventually would get overwhelmed. Tate would probably die.

Fuck the 135 division. Do away with it and make a 140 division. Increase your talent pool.

That's your opinion.
She would still have a size advantage if she cut down to135 come fight night.
And she's asking for 140..that aint that far off. I don't see how that is an unreasonable number. Who do you guys really think is a threat to her at 135? She would not need a size advantage to brutalize any of those girls.
Whether or not she'd be beaten at 135 idk but she'd have less of a size advantage. All I'm saying is the excuse that she can't make 135 healthy is false.
Everyone in the world can lose muscle mass if you have a lot of it.

Righhhhhhht. Cyborg is the only fighter in MMA history to be accused of ducking a division BELOW her while knowing she would take a fight at CW with anyone in a second. Retarded. Like Cyborg has said she has been working for the past 2 years to get down to 140 and looked her leanest of her career. She initially didn't want to do it she feels like she was owed her own division since she has been the best WMMA for years while less talented other females have simply because of looks. Cyborg has no other choice but to now kill herself a little more and cut the extra 3 pounds just to prove to newbies and haters she is the undisputed goat.
Hahahaahah, what a utter piece of hogwash, everybody with just a very limited knowlegde of muscle and strength knows that nothing is easier than stripping off some muscle mass, - easier even than losing fat! Just cut back on "vitamins" and strength training and presto you make weight!

Cyborg is too afraid of fighting without a huge size and strength advantage though, that's why she's ducking - true story bro...

Last edited:
The problem here isn't Holm, it's Cyroid wanting to have a size advantage over her opponents.

She hit 139 lbs for her last bout; all she has to do if she wants to take on Holm, Rousey and co. is give up a few more pounds of unnatural muscle mass.

usa-today-9295283.0.jpg

Last edited:
Cyborg would clean out any of these chicks. Now that shes in the UFC, they won't be able to run from her forever.
Everyone has always been right there for her. She just thought she could make them come to her. They've always been there. Borg just wanted the easier path. She can get any fight she wants. She just has to do the one thing she's always refused to do.

Who cares about Cyborg? She's obviously never going to do anything in MMA, despite her potential. She's too stuck on like 4 lbs, it's crazy.

Back