RENA

Will Samuelson

The Bear
Banned
Reaction score
Is the example I want, to set the gold standard for female MMA.

Skilled, tough and classy as hell.

And she's 10X hotter than any girl that's ever been in the UFC

I think I actually made a thread about that a long time ago

RENA is the definition of a franchise player for Rizin. A star from shootboxing, pretty as hell, seems genuinely cool to be around, signature entrance, super exciting in the ring and above all else, she fights in a weight class that the UFC doesn't put on.

RENA might be my favorite fighter, considering how tense and uncomfortable i was at the beginning of her fight last night, and how elated i was when she won.

RENA is the definition of a franchise player for Rizin. A star from shootboxing, pretty as hell, seems genuinely cool to be around, signature entrance, super exciting in the ring and above all else, she fights in a weight class that the UFC doesn't put on.

RENA might be my favorite fighter, considering how tense and uncomfortable i was at the beginning of her fight last night, and how elated i was when she won.

And her fights are extremely entertaining!

I've missed Japanese mma so much :D

When she announced she'd be fighting MMA, I thought Shootbox rules might bring along some bad habits for mma (initiating a clinch after a combination, not worrying about position if she landed a throw, etc) .. but Hiroyuki Abe has turned out to be a great coach for her.

RIZIN should have her rematch some MMA fighters she beat under Shootbox rules; that'd be rad. Kinberly Novaes, Hamderlei, Hisae Watanabe, Ishioka, etc. Still want to see her fight Jujeath Nagaowa though.

Her fight from NYE was when the ratings peaked for their show and Sakakibara himself has noticed this so I'm sure he's going to market her as a star accordingly.

image.png Them sexy legs spread apart tho :)

RIZIN is in a difficult situation with her; she's turning into an actual star in Japan so they cant risk her looking bad, but on the other hand fans are beginning to catch on and have been demanding tougher opponents for her and Nasukawa on Sakakibara's twitter.

Considering how she did against a semi-amateur fighter coming off of a 2 year layoff, their best bet would probably be to keep booking her against pure strikers where she can shine and has the advantage.

Considering how she did against a semi-amateur fighter coming off of a 2 year layoff, their best bet would probably be to keep booking her against pure strikers where she can shine and has the advantage.

Sakakibara knows how to put fighters in fights where the fighters can shine and get HL reel wins. They can bring fighters along slowly and build them up, build up a fanbase, then pepper in a few tough opponents here and there.

That's the way to do it. It also prolongs a fighters career to do it that way. And that's how they did it in PRIDE. That's why we still talk today about the PRIDE stars. And it's what the UFC hasn't seemed to realize. That's why UFC has only a handful of stars in today's generation of fighters.

CpjV6tiXgAAPTAV.jpg

She was a dream cross over for a long time and for awhile it seemed like her in MMA would never happen. Very glad that it did manage to take place and that she is excelling.

Rena is the real deal. We know she has the striking talent and a star personality and it really looks like she is very dedicated in learning the ground game. And we've seen already that she isn't just completely lost or gives up whenever she does get taken down or put into a bad spot. I'm very interested to see who they will match her up against next and whether they pick a striker or another grappler

girl has been fighting cans for like 20 years now.

girl has been fighting cans for like 20 years now.
She just debuted a little over a year ago and just fought a 7-1 fighter in her 4th fight on top of fighting good competition in Shoot Boxing. Most fighters are still fighting 0-0 or losing record competition at this point in their careers

When she announced she'd be fighting MMA, I thought Shootbox rules might bring along some bad habits for mma (initiating a clinch after a combination, not worrying about position if she landed a throw, etc) .. but Hiroyuki Abe has turned out to be a great coach for her.

RIZIN should have her rematch some MMA fighters she beat under Shootbox rules; that'd be rad. Kinberly Novaes, Hamderlei, Hisae Watanabe, Ishioka, etc. Still want to see her fight Jujeath Nagaowa though.
Erika Kamimura should come out of retirement and they could rekindle their shoot box rivalry in mma,Kamimura had crazy power for such a tiny girl.

Back