REJOICE: Eat all the salt you want. Scientists wrong for decades.

Sugar is actually worse for blood pressure

I been doing a lot of blood pressure studies lately

Don't know what's going here...just commenting to get my purple belt....carry on

Fuck yeah salt! Time to make it rain bitches!

giphy.gif

Hypertension runs in my family and sure enough, when I started creeping up on 40, my blood pressure started to climb. I recently cut back on salt and though I haven't checked my blood pressure in a while, I almost immediately lost weight.

take a pinch of salt and throw it over your shoulder, then dump the rest of the salt and dump it on a dozen fried eggs and eat it
profit

Eating a diet high in salt makes you feel like shit. Fact

then that shit has to have corn in it coz it is awesome!!!

Yeah but what about water retention? Until that is debunked I'll stick with staying low sodium to avoid cramping up 5 minutes into my workout.

so, water retention is more important than blood pressure....um, ok

Supposed graph to support claim is drawn on Excel, has no error bars and doesn't show any evidence of a dose-response effect. Suspicious data is suspicious. The process through which salt raises blood pressure, the renin-angiotensin system, it very well studied and understood, I doubt the truth is as sample as "take all the salt you want".

It doesn't say eating a ton of salt is healthy for you. It says they found daily intake of sodium below 2500 grams increases risk of high blood pressure. The report concedes that consuming high amounts of sodium does correlate with increased chances of heart disease.

But those who consume the most salt are likely consuming the most less healthy foods, probably do less exercise etc.

Ok, it's obvious I'm wasting my time here.

Why don't you actually defend your stance for once instead of always bailing out like an arrogant dweeb. Back your shit up! You make other fake m.d.s look bad.

I'm no doctor but I'd have to imagine that your workout routine would have a lot to do with it.

If you train like an Olympian and you sweat tons everyday, you can probably eat a lot of salt, and you should, to replenish all the salt you're losing through your sweat.

But if you mainly sit around all day, I can't imagine eating 4,000 mg of salt everyday would be good for you.

Hypertension runs in my family and sure enough, when I started creeping up on 40, my blood pressure started to climb. I recently cut back on salt and though I haven't checked my blood pressure in a while, I almost immediately lost weight.

Water retention from salt is highly underrated when it comes to weight and appearance.

I dont know man anytime I eat super salty food I get a headache and it feels like my kidneys are throbbing.

Doesnt the salt calcify in your kidneys and harden arteries?
I know when I eat lots of sugar it makes me feel groggy and makes my heart race.

The problem probably was never the salt, but the 3 lbs of ham people were dumping it on.

Also, everyone is a little different. My wife and her family salt the shit out of their food. I can't, it is too much for my palate.

I don't believe a thing about nutrition anymore except for calories. Just don't go full retard and you're OK.

I remember my grandmother being on a low salt diet. My grandfather wouldn't do it. He said he'd rather die than go without salt. Same with butter. I had a boss who had a family history of heart trouble and diabetes. He was a little skinny guy. He was telling us about his meeting with the dietician. After she told him what he could and couldn't eat, he told her it seems he could eat whatever he wanted as long as it doesn't taste good.

What are the odds that everything that sucks is good for you and everything that's good is bad for you? That doesn't make sense. Scientists are idiots.

Back