REJOICE: Eat all the salt you want. Scientists wrong for decades.

Eating a lot of salt is good for blood pressure while not eating enough is bad for you.

Despite decades of being told the exact opposite, long-running scientific studies now tell us that salt intake does not increase your blood pressure.

In fact, if you do not consume enough salt, around 2,500 milligrams per day, this study says your blood pressure will actually INCREASE.

This is not a joke:

Consuming fewer than 2,500 milligrams of sodium daily is actually associated with higher blood pressure, according to the Framingham Offspring Study report, given today. The American Heart Association recommends consuming no more than 2,300 milligrams of sodium daily, equal to a teaspoon of ordinary iodized table salt.

High blood pressure is a known risk factor for heart disease and stroke. Hence, lowering salt intake is supposed to lower blood pressure and thus reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke. But the study found that supposition to be unfounded.

Moreover, the lowest blood pressure was recorded by those who consumed 4,000 milligrams or more a day — amounts considered dangerously high by medical authorities such as the American Heart Association.

How many of us remember parents and grandparents made miserable due to the Settled Science that told us salt would kill them? How many of us have made ourselves miserable with bland foods, awful salt substitutes and deprivations?

http://www.dailywire.com/news/15841/scientists-wrong-dangers-salt-right-global-warming-john-nolte

They can't get salt consumption right, yet are convinced about the global warming hoax.

SAD!

It makes you feel however you think it will make you feel.

It makes u bloated and retains water. Why do u think bodybuilders don't eat it in high volumes

Also people in great shape don't eat tons of salt. That's just a fact

I don't think it's as much about "dogma" as it is about studies on humans being expensive and difficult to control for confounding variables. Studies on nutrition are incredibly difficult to control long term because people lie or cheat or misremember what they put in their mouths.

Rats in a cage will eat only what you give them, humans will eat whatever they fuck they want.
Correct. But there have also been some immovable tenets that were somewhat dogmatic in nature. For lack of better term anyway. I lack the vocabulary to describe it another way.

Pretty obvious that Soros just bought himself a couple of salt mines.

Yeah. New found study. Salt is good. Buy more salt.

They don't??? Ever? Or are we talking before comps when they have an unhealthily low bodyfat percentage???

I would say closer to competition time but those guys are on steroids to begin with.

I'm in good shape all year and know others who are the same way. I don't eat a high salt diet. Neither does anyone else I know who's in shape all year. Tons of salt is not good for you and makes you feel bloated and sluggish and it retains water weight.

Sometimes at the gym if you go out to eat the day before and eat a lot of unhealthy foods it's harder to sweat it out the next day.

I will never believe eating a high diet in salt is good for you in the long run. Moderation is most likely the best choice

Why don't you actually defend your stance for once instead of always bailing out like an arrogant dweeb. Back your shit up! You make other fake m.d.s look bad.
I already took the time to google the abstract and read over it. I think I pretty clearly said what the abstract actually says and some major flaws in the methodology. There's nothing to defend. If you can't read my post and understand it, then that's your problem. I'm not going to waste anymore time trying to explain it to you.

Fuck yeah salt! Time to make it rain bitches!

giphy.gif

LOL this is one of the funniest gifs Ive ever seen, you can tell this dude is a manlet at first I thought this was a young Joe Rogan during the news radio days, I remember he was saying he did a skit pretending to be a male model or something.

942ef54c1461e5e32c265c8d639b82ab.jpg

I already took the time to google the abstract and read over it. I think I pretty clearly said what the abstract actually says and some major flaws in the methodology. There's nothing to defend. If you can't read my post and understand it, then that's your problem. I'm not going to waste anymore time trying to explain it to you.

No one gives a shit. It was not even the study I was referencing. Deal with it.

It makes you feel however you think it will make you feel.

A very high sodium dish would make my face visibly bloat up the next day and my workout feels turrible. Shit is real.

That said, it was 2 big ass bowls of very salty noodles with nearly indigestible veggies. So good doe...

The scientific method is to observe, come up with a hypothesis then collect data to prove or disprove the hypothesis. It seemed to have taken way too long to finally study it and collect the data. I wonder how many people suffered needlessly or died because they didn't do the studies.

Similar studies are being done on saturated fats. Somebody comes up with something they decide is bad for humans and people jump on that and it becomes like a religion. No amount of scientific evidence can change those beliefs.

I'm really starting to doubt a lot of the stuff you hear about food. Many of them can be contradictory.

Fat's bad for you.. or maybe it's great for you. Vitamins are crucial for your health, or maybe they don't really do anything. Drinking is bad for you, but take a little bit of wine every day and reduce the risk of hear attacks by.. 5% or something.

I'm just going to eat what feels good and try to live healthy, there just seems to be too much BS going on with this information.

Back