Recent fights/results/news from Thailand

Former Flyweight and Bantamweight Lumpinee Champ with wins over Kaew and Wanchalong. He was retired, though.

okay thanks. they're not that far off then.

I asked around here after watching the fight and as I recall someone said he was mid level at best. memory can very well be tricking me though.

I'm sure those primary school kids he's training, gave him good sparring in preparation for Tenshin.

okay thanks. they're not that far off then.

I asked around here after watching the fight and as I recall someone said he was mid level at best. memory can very well be tricking me though.

He was obviously a good fighter, but if you look at his time between at least 2011-2014 you'll see see he was fighting mostly at 117-118 and his opponents were often comimg up to fight him. He wasn't going to 115 or 116 to fight these guys.

Of course that wasn't mentioned.
He wasn't fully retired (still doing a show a year or so beating up on randos in Japan) which gave Knock Out the plausible deniability they needed. K-1 Japan tried to pull similar shit with Yodsaenchai who they fed to Takeru.

Japanese fight fans were pretty skeptical of whether Wanchalong really gave it his all in his fights vs Tenshin and Ogasawara (I mean, he had taken fights just a week or two before both losses) or questioned whether he was actually an elite fighter. I guess Knock Out decided that if that's the case they might as well just grab any random title holder and hope people don't look too carefully,

He wasn't fully retired (still doing a show a year or so beating up on randos in Japan) which gave Knock Out the plausible deniability they needed. K-1 Japan tried to pull similar shit with Yodsaenchai who they fed to Takeru.

Japanese fight fans were pretty skeptical of whether Wanchalong really gave it his all in his fights vs Tenshin and Ogasawara (I mean, he had taken fights just a week or two before both losses) or questioned whether he was actually an elite fighter. I guess Knock Out decided that if that's the case they might as well just grab any random title holder and hope people don't look too carefully,

makes sense. going from Wanchalong to Amnat and Wisanlek sounds strange.

IMO Wanchalong was a great win and a legendary performance but if you really look at it, it was a perfect storm for Tenshin which is not likely to happen ever again. started storming out of the gate and when he seemed to be inevitably fading a little bit he landed a fluke spinning kick to the body right at Wanchalong's jaw. anyway it was a great win. the matchmaking they did afterwards was obviously carefully crafted ("Former IBF champion", "Former Lumpini champion") and it's what makes it so good to poke fun at Tenshin.

Wasn't expecting that

Yeah I figured that once his size advantage was taken away he wouldn't look as good. Granted Sakmongkol isn't exactly the greatest fighter ever but he was a champion and it was a good win for Chadd.

Last edited:
Yeah I figured that once his size advantage was taken away he wouldn't look as good. Granted Sakmongkol isn't exactly the greatest fighter ever but he was a champion and it was a good win for Chadd.
I don't think it was that surprising. Sakmonkol is basically like a second tier fighter in that division, at the same kind of level as guys like Sensiri, Kriankrai, Aranchai, Manachai, Kaewkungwan, Saksongkram or even Bangpleenoi. I don't see any reason why Collins can't compete with those type of guys. His performances against Manasak, Saenchai and Sekson are arguably more impressive than this.

Yeah I agree but imo there are some fighters, foreigners in particular, that do well when they are matched against smaller or shorter fighters and once that advantage is taken away they don't look as good. Take Genji for instance, you could say some of wins in japan were a result of his opponents not being motivated or properly prepared which could be true but he has beaten better fighters than Sakmongkol but Sakmongkol straight up made him look bad. He is used to having range and length on his opponents and against a taller guy he appeared to be completely lost on how to deal with it. Chadd did have a good showing against Manasak so i was a bit off on my thought though.

Did Jay post the Palangpon fight? I still can't see FB links. Here it is on youtube.

21751442_747570718759367_1536641103750347413_n.jpg

Big step up for Kulabdam, super excited for this one. Guarenteed fireworks.

been given a 2 lb advantage 133 Muangthai, 135 Kulabdam

been given a 2 lb advantage 133 Muangthai, 135 Kulabdam

How do you think this will go? Kulabdam is entertaining to watch but would I be right in saying he has been fighting B level competition?? Be interesting to see how this goes

Back