Recent fights/results/news from Thailand | Page 228

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by equus, Mar 18, 2015.

1. AbeRudder Green Belt

AbeRudder
    Sang/Panpayak

Haven't watched it though, waiting for a good quality vid that a fight of this calibre deserves.

2. UWanaPlayDaGame Purple Belt

UWanaPlayDaGame
    which Sang and which Panpayak are these?? are they who I think they are??

3. Mafanofe Brown Belt

Mafanofe
    This is weird but it is a reality of boxing in thailand

lots of thai champs or big promisses fight against rookies at the provinces even when they are already a well ranked name on his division,i guess it is to keep them always active,because i dont think it is just feeding,it happens since a long time so people into boxing knows this

a lot of good active thai boxers do this,alternating big name fights and province fights against rookies

Srisaket,Yodmongkol Freshmart,Noknoi Freshmart,Oleydong ,Wanheng

UWanaPlayDaGame likes this.
  4. AbeRudder Green Belt

AbeRudder
    Yeah it was part of this Samui fight event. Don't know the full card though. I was hoping a good quality video would be out by now. I remember seeing on the crappy quality stream that Pet U Tong was fighting Neunglanglek in the lead up fight.

[​IMG]

5. AbeRudder Green Belt

AbeRudder
  6. DastardlyMass Brown Belt

DastardlyMass
    Yea i was going to say that is just the way boxing has survived in thailand right now. If the guys do not have a mandatory defense forced by their sanctioning body 9 times out of ten the last few years their promoter brings in a debuting fighter or a professional journeyman as they take the concept of a "tune up" bout and apply it to every fight not for the title. Petchyindee has a time or two had one of their champions facing some outclassed foreigner who showed up in thailand to fight muaythai on the toyota tournament shows. It is usually not financially viable to bring in a good opponent for what they are producing most of the shows with thou so atleast the can keep their own fighters active

Mafanofe and UWanaPlayDaGame like this.
  7. ITOT1 White Belt

ITOT1
    Superlek vs Muangthai fight video.
    Superlek vs Panpayak should be right around the corner before end of the year.

8. Kanka Brown Belt

Kanka
  9. mikiemike87 Blue Belt

mikiemike87
    Is there any way to catch fights that are lower on the line up? I've been seeing some of the guys I trained with at Chuwatanna like Jompichit on the line up, and was hoping to see his fight pop up somewhere.

10. AbeRudder Green Belt

AbeRudder
    Muaythaidaily usually. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn0h1-SKzondK8nGKCo-p8Q Vids should be up tomorrow.

mikiemike87 likes this.
  11. UWanaPlayDaGame Purple Belt

UWanaPlayDaGame
    how bizarre that the two best muay thai fighters of this generation fight in an off the radar show with kids and old ladies ringside barely interested in the fight. I looked for a decent video last night and found what looked like the full show but couldn't pinpoint the fight.

12. UWanaPlayDaGame Purple Belt

UWanaPlayDaGame
    on another note, just read this from sherdog's news feed:

" (Tenshin) Nasukawa picked up his third MMA win at Rizin's April card in Yokohama, (...) The striking prodigy, who just turned 19 on Aug. 18, has been active since: at Rizin's 2017 World Grand Prix kickoff in July, he knocked out fellow kickboxer Kizaemon Saiga in a mixed rules contest. Three weeks later, he stopped former Lumpinee and Rajadamnern stadium champion Wisanlek via cut in the third round."

Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Te...ut-Bantamweight-GP-126851#kc7tchsfJSH5xzmd.99

This is complete bullshit right?

13. Yodsanan มวยไทย

Yodsanan

Former Flyweight and Bantamweight Lumpinee Champ with wins over Kaew and Wanchalong. He was retired, though.

14. UWanaPlayDaGame Purple Belt

UWanaPlayDaGame
    okay thanks. they're not that far off then.

I asked around here after watching the fight and as I recall someone said he was mid level at best. memory can very well be tricking me though.

15. Cocakillbana Black Belt

Cocakillbana
    Of course that wasn't mentioned.

16. Yodsanan มวยไทย

Yodsanan
    I'm sure those primary school kids he's training, gave him good sparring in preparation for Tenshin.

17. Cocakillbana Black Belt

Cocakillbana
    He was obviously a good fighter, but if you look at his time between at least 2011-2014 you'll see see he was fighting mostly at 117-118 and his opponents were often comimg up to fight him. He wasn't going to 115 or 116 to fight these guys.

18. Karaev fan Brown Belt

Karaev fan
    He wasn't fully retired (still doing a show a year or so beating up on randos in Japan) which gave Knock Out the plausible deniability they needed. K-1 Japan tried to pull similar shit with Yodsaenchai who they fed to Takeru.

Japanese fight fans were pretty skeptical of whether Wanchalong really gave it his all in his fights vs Tenshin and Ogasawara (I mean, he had taken fights just a week or two before both losses) or questioned whether he was actually an elite fighter. I guess Knock Out decided that if that's the case they might as well just grab any random title holder and hope people don't look too carefully,

Cocakillbana and UWanaPlayDaGame like this.
  19. UWanaPlayDaGame Purple Belt

UWanaPlayDaGame
    makes sense. going from Wanchalong to Amnat and Wisanlek sounds strange.

IMO Wanchalong was a great win and a legendary performance but if you really look at it, it was a perfect storm for Tenshin which is not likely to happen ever again. started storming out of the gate and when he seemed to be inevitably fading a little bit he landed a fluke spinning kick to the body right at Wanchalong's jaw. anyway it was a great win. the matchmaking they did afterwards was obviously carefully crafted ("Former IBF champion", "Former Lumpini champion") and it's what makes it so good to poke fun at Tenshin.

20. AbeRudder Green Belt

AbeRudder

Chadd's fights always deliver