Recent fights/results/news from Kickboxers/MT fighters in MMA

Stoica getting beaten by Arek with a 1990's MMA move, the forearm choke. LOL. Been a rough week for Romania...

Man the size of that arena and it's packed, KSW is doing really great at filling arenas with spectators.

Btw Stoica losing in that way would have been a fun fact to troll Broadcast with. Shame he's gone :D

Stoica getting beaten by Arek with a 1990's MMA move, the forearm choke. LOL. Been a rough week for Romania...

Yeah that was weird, haven’t seen one of those in years.
Watching it live I thought Stoica tapped to those elbows to the body, but it turned out Arek was trying to push his head through the canvas, lol

This also happened. I’ve literally never seen something like this before

Yeah that was weird, haven’t seen one of those in years.
Watching it live I thought Stoica tapped to those elbows to the body, but it turned out Arek was trying to push his head through the canvas, lol

LOL, you get some wacky shit at these lower levels with tough guys...

I've seen this similar finishes (KO's from bottom mount) before, it's rather rare though.

One I remember is this one:

Oh and also Uriah Hall in the Ultimate Fighter:

And I'm sure I've seen one in the UFC too, can't remember who it was though.

I've seen this similar finishes (KO's from bottom mount) before, it's rather rare though.

One I remember is this one:

Oh and also Uriah Hall in the Ultimate Fighter:

And I'm sure I've seen one in the UFC too, can't remember who it was though.

I remember that PRIDE one, lol.
It’s a rare way to KO someone, that’s for sure

So you're telling me that the Frenchman pulled out because he has a limp wrist?

I'm French myself so easy on the use of those words buddy ;)

I know there's a modern American tendency of thinking of the French as easily pulling out (white flag thing bla bla), but if you really look through French history and acts of French people even in modern days, we're far from cowards.

I'm French myself so easy on the use of those words buddy ;)

I know there's a modern American tendency of thinking of the French as easily pulling out (white flag thing bla bla), but if you really look through French history and acts of French people even in modern days, we're far from cowards.
I'm pulling your leg. As far as I know nobody seriously thinks the French are cowards.

Napoleon had imperial Europe by the throat, before it was cool.

From Charlemagne to Napoleon the French were fearsome foes. The "French people are bad at war" stereotype mostly just exists as playground banter.

From Charlemagne to Napoleon the French were fearsome foes. The "French people are bad at war" stereotype mostly just exists as playground banter.
I'm pretty sure that it larglely stems from thier sudden surrender to the Nazi forces during the 2nd World War.

If I recall correctly, the French were blindsided by the Mobility of german tanks. Nazi forces used them to traverse forest terrain that was believed to be impassible. By the time the Fench knew what had happened, the Germans had the proverbial knife to thier throat.This defeat was unfairly, and derisively seen as an example of cowardness.

It's a stereotype that just so happened happened to feed into preexisting cultral animosity between the English and the French. That in my opinion is what really kicked it off.

It's a stereotype that just so happened happened to feed into preexisting cultral animosity between the English and the French. That in my opinion is what really kicked it off.

And funnily enough the Brits were also there when they Germans invaded Northern France and they were defeated just as we were and ran away by boat and shipped back to Britain (Dunkirk for instance). Nobody expected the Germans to dodge the Maginot line and go through the Ardennes forests.

I'm pulling your leg. As far as I know nobody seriously thinks the French are cowards.

Napoleon had imperial Europe by the throat, before it was cool.

I mean even nowadays. French people have revolution and fighting in their blood. I don't see many countries where people are ready to take it to the streets and face off with the police to fight for their rights like the French do, for instance with the yellow vests movements or most recently this year against the new law about retirement age.

I mean even nowadays. French people have revolution and fighting in their blood. I don't see many countries where people are ready to take it to the streets and face off with the police to fight for their rights like the French do, for instance with the yellow vests movements or most recently this year against the new law about retirement age.
What's this about the retirement age? Was it raised?

What's this about the retirement age? Was it raised?
Yeah, by like 2 years. I get why they are pissed but one of the few true inevitabilities of the future is that it will be entirely normal for people to live to 100, and it wont be tenable for everyone to get a government cheque for 40% of their life.

Back