Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

Things a fraud doesn't do: main event a decent stadium show against Saeksan; have a somewhat competitive fight with Petmorakot; beat Yodlekpet; accumulate a handful of wins over capable stadium fighters

He fled to elbow rules? There's a lot of insinuation there. Anyways, Noiri lost to Yamato (who is not a particularly good muay thai fighter) and fled back to kickboxing only rules. Fraud?

Umeno is a fraud but Yamato's muay thai is good? There's no way to rationalize that.

You come in here not knowing Koya and basing Noiri striking accolades over one fight against a household name, under a ruleset he isn't familiar with. you're smarter than this.

What Japanese kick boxer has the best hairstyle should be the real discussion here...
Taito won that contest I'm afraid

I9WmfoIT_400x400.jpg

Things a fraud doesn't do: main event a decent stadium show against Saeksan; have a somewhat competitive fight with Petmorakot; beat Yodlekpet; accumulate a handful of wins over capable stadium fighters

He fled to elbow rules? There's a lot of insinuation there. Anyways, Noiri lost to Yamato (who is not a particularly good muay thai fighter) and fled back to kickboxing only rules. Fraud?

Umeno is a fraud but Yamato's muay thai is good? There's no way to rationalize that.
Point being you can rationalize any bullshit hate about a fighter based on one fight and a wikipedia glance at their record

You come in here not knowing Koya and basing Noiri striking accolades over one fight against a household name, under a ruleset he isn't familiar with. you're smarter than this.

Uh, Karaev fan was the one who brought up the "one fight" thing and I simply used Noiri-Yamato to show his inconsistency.

Yamato is a household name only by name. You clearly imply "household name" like he was some elite fighter and therefore the loss is perfectly uderstandable and irrelevant to the discussion.

Point being you can rationalize any bullshit hate about a fighter based on one fight and a wikipedia glance at their record

Umeno has done something that no fighter outside of Thailand has done since I've been following it, and that's headline a stadium show against a legitimately really good fighter in one of the sports signature weight areas.

Why can't you explain why Yamato is good at muay thai but Umeno is a fraud?

Uh, Karaev fan was the one who brought up the "one fight" thing and I simply used Noiri-Yamato to show his inconsistency.

Yamato is a household name only by name. You clearly imply "household name" like he was some elite fighter and therefore the loss is perfectly uderstandable and irrelevant to the discussion.

What happened to the forum preservation thread? Weren't you supposed to be limiting your inane trolling to there?

Sorry man, but this is the end. To the ignore list you go.

EDIT: Afraid I'll be taking a break from sherdog. Will still be at Kakutougi, Twitter, and probably a handful of other places.

Last edited:
I'm trolling for believing Umeno is better than Noiri? That dude's not a troll for believing Noiri and Urabe are better than Takeru and Tenshin? One opinion is trolling and one is fine?

Karaev fan:

Umeno = fraud
Yamato = good

But I'm the troll?

Umeno has done something that no fighter outside of Thailand has done since I've been following it, and that's headline a stadium show against a legitimately really good fighter in one of the sports signature weight areas.

Why can't you explain why Yamato is good at muay thai but Umeno is a fraud?

did you even read what you quoted.

I'm fairly certain you brought it up first.

did you even read what you quoted.

I stated that Urabe was irrelevant because I only needed to believe that Umeno was better than Noiri (whom I have seen). Urabe could still be in that top 2 for all I care. How does this make me a troll.

I'm fairly certain you brought it up first.

No, he did. It was in his initial post about Umeno being a fraud. Noiri-Yamato was a perfectly acceptable example to show his inconsistency. He essentially calls Umeno a quitter for leaving kickboxing, but Noiri was one and done with muay thai and apparently that's all good.

No, you did bring up Noiri-Yamato in post #1545 before he said Umeno is a fraud, which was just a response to what you said.

I don't think anyone was claiming Noiri was the best Japanese Muay Thai fighter, so I don't see the relevancy in bringing up that argument.

Oh I get it. He said "striker". Of course, that would HAVE to be a Muay Thai guy...

0-1 in Muay Thai. Noiri is definitely not top 1000 striker material.

No, you did bring up Noiri-Yamato in post #1545 before he said Umeno is a fraud, which was just a response to what you said.

My first first post brought up the Noiri-Yamato fight, but what you're claiming, cannot be found in that post.

1. I brought up Noiri-Yamato as a way to understand how he could justify saying Noiri is a better striker than Yamato. My argument was Umeno is better than Yamato, therefore Umeno > Noiri

2. He responded by calling Umeno a fraud and pointed out how he quit kickboxing to go do Muay Thai

3. I responded by saying that's no different than Noiri losing to Yamato and going back to where he is better

I don't think anyone was claiming Noiri was the best Japanese Muay Thai fighter, so I don't see the relevancy in bringing up that argument.

Oh I get it. He said "striker". Of course, that would HAVE to be a Muay Thai guy...

0-1 in Muay Thai. Noiri is definitely not top 1000 striker material.

I can't believe Umeno is better than Noiri?

He's now calling me a sociopath for supposedly failing to see that his comments on Umeno were facetious. Who calls a fighter a fraud and goes into detail about why that's the case? By that rule and his own standards I guess I can just backtrack anything and y'all would be credulous to believe me... Hmm... Oh, the irony is flowing.

I can (I do) admit when I'm a dick/jerk, but unfortunately others can't own their klutziness.

Alright, I'm done here. Sorry for having a harmless, little opinion. *shrugs*

Dude nobody cares that you think Umeno is better, your line of reasoning doesn't make sense though. You used MMAth, c'mon...

And nobody called you a sociopath. If anything you're just convoluting the discussion.

watched the whole krush 85 today, pretty good event with some cool upsets

what is the next moves K1-Krsuh haves to Aoshi and Gonnapar?

i think rizin should pick Ozawa and match him to fight Tenshin since the takeru fight isnt going to work to be made

Ozawa is pretty famous, at least based on the numbers of youtube views of his fights since the Takeru feud,i dont understand a word in japanese but he seems to be a guy who promotes himself well as the bad guy.

He's now calling me a sociopath for supposedly failing to see that his comments on Umeno were facetious. Who calls a fighter a fraud and goes into detail about why that's the case? By that rule and his own standards I guess I can just backtrack anything and y'all would be credulous to believe me... Hmm... Oh, the irony is flowing.

I can (I do) admit when I'm a dick/jerk, but unfortunately others can't own their klutziness.

Alright, I'm done here. Sorry for having a harmless, little opinion. *shrugs*
Not trying to take sides here, but to clarify the situation Karaev's "fraud" post was an ad extremum play on the idea of discrediting a fighter based on one win in an unfamiliar ruleset, rather than him actually thinking Umeno is a fraud. I can see how that could be hard to discern though as we are talking in text which is not the best for conveying sarcasm.

Back