Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

thanks, you're the man!

NP.

Btw, there was a bit of a surprise announcement today. K-1 Japan is adding 3 more weight classes (57.5kg, 62.5kg, 67.5kg). The 55kg Japan tournament originally scheduled for November is pushed back and the November slot will be used to hold a 57.5kg world tournament to decide the inaugural champ.

Bit of a curveball, although its a move I've seen other fans call for given that Krush has weight classes at those increments. Not sure if I'm super psyched about it. True, Krush has a ton of fighters who could thrive in those gaps, but I also feel that spreading out the weight classes might mean less stacked events as fighters move to slots they're more comfortable with.

That sucks. I liked the simplicity of the K-1 weight classes. Going from 4 weight classes to 7 is really gonna water down the competition.

damn, almost thought it's today.

adding more weightclasses inbetween sounds like a horrible idea.

the fun of k-1 was the competitive lower weight classes

7 weight classes is bullshit

Almost time. Get hyped! It sucks that the timing for this event means no friends and beer to go with it.

Almost time. Get hyped! It sucks that the timing for this event means no friends and beer to go with it.

haha same, but having breakfast to go along with some quality kickboxing ain't bad either.

Alright so the prelims should be on right? Anyone got a link?

2:30 am here. Has it already started?

The prelims should be on and the main card should start in 20 mins.

The only pizza place open makes the shittiest pizza. Thankfully I have hotsauce to drown it in lol

I dont speak Japanese, but I understood "doki doki Takeru Kaito!"

Back