Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

Taito Gunji, Akihiro Kaneko, Masashi Kumura, and Leona Pettas vs RISE.

I'd be doing...
  • Taito Gunji vs Keisuke Monguchi
  • Akihiro Kaneko vs Masahiko Suzuki - Rematch from The Match
  • Masashi Kumura vs Koki Osaki
  • Leona Pettas vs Taiga

Well we're getting Taito Gunji vs Keisuke Monguchi, and Akihiro Kaneko vs Masahiko Suzuki 2, but the rest is a mixed bag. One banger matchup they made is Kan Nakamura vs Yuki Yoza.

He is an exciting fighter. I love Lamnamoonlek too, a fight against Panpayak in RWS is one of my dream fights.

Hopefully ONE has stopped fucking Panpayak around so he can join the RWS tournament this year.

A fun card RWS Japan, Nadaka totally outclassed Praewprao. Interesting to see his future.

Just seen that Nadaka is considering going after Kumandoi in the near future.

They asked Kumandoi about that fight after his last win and he said he was absolutely interested. I doubt he would have any trouble making 115 so it seems very viable.

Hirotaka Asahisa vs Remi Parra. Good fight although didn't Parra beat the champ already? K-1 screwing themselves over again with this non-title bout shit.

Luca Cecchetti vs Masashi kumura also a good fight on the card. Kumura said he wanted to fight a ONE reprsentative and in a way he si now.
How many european guys did K-1 bring prior to this Rebirth stuff? I remember Demirkapu losing to Hayashi of all people, Plazibat used to be in K-1, etc.

Hirotaka Asahisa vs Remi Parra. Good fight although didn't Parra beat the champ already? K-1 screwing themselves over again with this non-title bout shit.

Luca Cecchetti vs Masashi kumura also a good fight on the card. Kumura said he wanted to fight a ONE reprsentative and in a way he si now.
How many european guys did K-1 bring prior to this Rebirth stuff? I remember Demirkapu losing to Hayashi of all people, Plazibat used to be in K-1, etc.

K1 does this even to their Japanese talent. Yuki Yoza beat Taio Asahisa in a non-title fight in Feb 2022, and then didn't get the title shot vs Taio until March 2023. Not sure why K1 does this.

K1 MAX first set of matches announced. Pikeur injured and replaced with "Riku," that hurts the tournament a bit. No word on streaming option, looks like K-1 is still stuck in legal hell with CSI.
Kiria vs THananchai is criminal.

Kongnapa returns. Took random countryside muay thai fight a few weeks ago (tune up I guess), now he's back in kickboxing in Krush

K-1 MAX available on ppv, triller.tv (FITE), fight plus, stream ticket

Have no idea if that CSI group stopped suing K-1, so don't be too surprised if the deals "suddnly" have to be ancelled again.

Best fights on this card have to be Kumur vs Cechceti and Asahisa vs Parra. MAX fights are meh. Looks like it won't get really excitign until the final 8. Liu vs Karimian should be funny for as long as it lasts. I've seen a lot of stupid heavyweights before, but Karimian is unprecedented in his heavyweight-edness. You'll see what I mean.

Last edited:
I'm actually looking forward to the MAX tourney more than i did for the Glory HW GP that just happened.

Is that not a bit random that this K-1 tournament event is happening on a Wednesday by the way?

upsets in Rise card, spoilers below

Undefeated prospect (like 80 or 90% ko ratio in his wins I think) got smashed.

Kan Nakamura beats up Yuki Yoza, gets kicke in nuts, ref calls it a win for Yoza for whatever reason. Kan has the weirdest resume now. Beat Pettas, arguably beat Yoza, lost to Chan Hyung Lee and "YA MAN."

Miguel Trindade demolished Chadd Collins, 3 kncokdowns in round 1. Just how bad is Petch lolol. Just kidding guys

And Akihiro Kaneko beat up Masahiko Suzuki. I'm sure he's happy that he got his revenge but it's no that impressive really. Suzuki clearly is chinnier now, and is not the guy who gave Tenshin a very hard fight.

All fights

Last edited:
Back