Reason why an old Hendo did so well (but not BJ)

I said accomplishments to date I think you need to work on reading comprehension buddeh.

I said Yair is a better fighter than Bisping and you quoted me saying I'm a pathetic Bisping hater,because Bisping won a UFC belt.

Drop the interwebz and search for some help,maybe some 12 year old kid can teach how to read and write.

Hendo had far more discipline in training throughout his career.

He did so well because Bisping isn't that good. He didn't do good at all against DC. He's a fantastic athlete no doubt, but he would get smoked by a lot of guys. He slow and not as durable. Same as BJ.

TRT is a factor, but the number one thing that Hendo had in spades is his H-bomb.

That power never left. Everyone he faced in the later years knew the fight could end with one shot and couldn't get comfortable dragging the fight out. His accuracy and timing also seemed to stay longer than most. Give Hendo enough time and he would land a big shot...several against Bisping.

BJ's striking became less of a threat in the last several years. He never really had devastating power, but he did have speed and accuracy to rely on. Look at how Yair got so comfortable being able to do whatever he wanted to do in that fight. BJ offered zero standing offense and couldn't even threaten a take down in order to do some work on the ground.

I think that the disappearance of respectable speed, and power is also what finally brought Randy's career to a close. His ability to grind out the dirty boxing became much less of a threat and he didn't have enough power, speed, and timing any longer to keep guys at a respectable distance.

Getting old sucks. You don't realize it, but you do lose a lot of speed and reflexes first. The power might remain as well as the strength, but you won't be anywhere near as quick as you once were. It is tough to admit. At 42 years old, I still mentally think I am younger, but my body reminds me quite often that I am no longer in my twenties. I think this is also what keeps tricking these aging fighters into staying active. Their minds and bodies are not in sync with where they really are physically.

Last edited:
He never lost his aggression and fearlessness. Even though he got knocked out a few times because of his aggression, he still managed to rack a few knock-out wins late in his career.

The BJ Penn last night still had power and chin, but he seems scared to close the distance/go relentlessly for the takedown.

No you dunce it was because most people at MW and up are stuck in the mud and speed and agility are not as big factors.

Plus Henderson still had his top tier elite wrestling skills to fall back on and all Henderson did after turning late 30s was mostly time that right hand bomb and clinch-wrestle when close...

He was able to do that for a while also because of his chin, comparable to BJ Penn at LW.

BJ fought better guys and more evolved fighters. Yair might not be a finished product by any means, but his method of attack is so much more unorthodox than anything Hendo has seen in the past few years. Those lower divisions aren't places where older men can stick around, the fighters are evolving too much. Compared to FW, MW is in the stone age.

Plus the H-bomb.

How many top 10 wins does Bisping have in his 10 years career in the UFC? 4? lol.

At least Yair didn't got dropped twice to win a razor thin decision against BJ ahahah

This is what I responded to.

Nowhere do you mention skills you clearly mention wins and accomplishments.

Hence my rebuttal. In regards to accomplishments to date.... and if you think winning a UFC belt is so easy you go win one buddeh.

I said Yair is a better fighter than Bisping and you quoted me saying I'm a pathetic Bisping hater,because Bisping won a UFC belt.

Drop the interwebz and search for some help,maybe some 12 year old kid can teach how to read and write.

See my above response. Feel free to slink away with your tail between your legs.

dan did well cuz he was only fighting a B fighter- bisping

Hendo had heart.

You can say what you want about B J. but anyone who actually saw his fights against Rory or Nick and would claim that he lacks "heart" cannot be taken seriously.

You can say what you want about B J. but anyone who actually saw his fights against Rory or Nick and would claim that he lacks "heart" cannot be taken seriously.

He stood there and got the shit beat out of him in both fights, he had pretty much given up in them both. That's not making your point.

Heart is not just about standing like a deer in the headlights and getting beat up. He was always a front runner and never the dig down deep kind of fighter. He quit on the stool after declaring he would fight to the death.

He was a great fighter but no, he was never gut check, overcome diversity to win either in fights themselves or concerning his career. Hendo was.

Bro Hendo has slowed down a lot. His fight vs Bisping is no indication. if it were prime hendo in there, Bisping would have been easily beat.

dan did well cuz he was only fighting a Champion fighter - bisping
FIXED

Dan faught his ass off I swear 90% of sherdog diddnt even watch the fight. Bisping admitted to being terrified of Dans right hand and Dan had one of the best performances in recent memory and still lost.

Prolonged TRT use has given Dan access to the fountain of youth.

BJ fell off hard and I feel like him not taking his training seriously and relying on natural talent in his early years has now taken it's toll.

Not really a BJ fan and not a hater either I kinda felt sorry for him and feel like his legacy is now being forgotten.

I wouldnt bet on yair against many top ten guys, he got style but far to be a future champ. Aldo, edgar, holloway swanson or even lamas would all beat him easily at the moment

Trt and being a power puncher.

About in equal measure.

wait a minute, Hendo got BLOWN out by the better fighters too. wtf Vitor twice and DC. he fought to the level of comp, he smeared the lesser fighters, was even with his own calibur and got fucking creamed by the best guys. BJ would have smeared Siver, fought Llamas tough and would get WRECKED by any top 5 fw. Thats just the way it is.

Cos BJ cant KTFO someone in one punch

Back