Reason Dana said UFC is valued at $7b now

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Because that is the amount it seems they bought the 10% off Flash for (according to rumors Meltzer & others heard).
The other rumor is they want to go public soon (long rumored since the sale that they would after the US TV deal).

Now i know a little bit about these things & there is no way they are not over-valued at $7b
$6b might be a reasonable top end.

Now if they go public, they seem to be thinking that it will go the same way WWE did.
WWE made 7x less profit than UFC did (before TV deal) but were valued at about 60% of UFC on the market

so, what are the implications of them going public? pros and cons?

Reason Dana said it? Because he is a lying red goof.

I wonder if soccer is worth $7 billion? It would have to be.

I mean if the inflation of players keeps going the way it is singular players are gonna get sold for 7 billion soon enough

There are players worth hundreds of millipns of dollars. A single team is sold for billions

i'm reminded of the scene at the end of 'The Big Short' where the bank (or institution) is finally willing to pay the initial default swap investor full value because the bank (or institution) had by then bought so many default swaps themselves that they now needed a high market value for them.

so, what are the implications of them going public? pros and cons?

Pros: The company should go up in value.
Cons: I doubt they will put up enough to lose a majority (why WME is buying out others), but they will be under more public scrutiny. Also while we do get the real numbers due to financial filings, there would be stockholder reports (every Q) that will be dissected.

If they go public, maybe that is the beginning of the end of Dana.

Soccer in the US is only worth 7 billion?

Damn, the I wouldnt be surprised if it was worth 500 billion world wide.

@Toco
Did you mean for fans?
I would think answering to stockholders & being more transparent, might be a good thing.
now WME (like Lorenzo) answers to nobody.
They only have to show a profit to the investors.

Ive said from the start the Fertitas fucked up big time. They did all the leg work and took all the risk building the business only to sell it way too early.

4b sounds like a lot, but imo the ufc could be worth 20-30b in 10-15 years.

Fertittas fucked up when they saw 4b and went goofy. Barely a few years later its almost doubled. You fucked up guys

Pros: The company should go up in value.
Cons: I doubt they will put up enough to lose a majority (why WME is buying out others), but they will be under more public scrutiny. Also while we do get the real numbers due to financial filings, there would be stockholder reports (every Q) that will be dissected.

If they go public, maybe that is the beginning of the end of Dana.
I think I'm sick of dana, he seems to be getting worse and worse. he was always not really professional and trashed his own fighters in the regular, but it seems to be getting worse nowadays. or maybe I'm just tired of it and noticing it more

@Toco
Did you mean for fans?
I would think answering to stockholders & being more transparent, might be a good thing.
now WME (like Lorenzo) answers to nobody.
They only have to show a profit to the investors.
yeah, what would mean for us. and for them too, for the business. if maybe the sports side of the business would get more valued or even more undervalued

Ive said from the start the Fertitas fucked up big time. They did all the leg work and took all the risk building the business only to sell it way too early.

4b sounds like a lot, but imo the ufc could be worth 20-30b in 10-15 years.

Fertittas fucked up when they saw 4b and went goofy. Barely a few years later its almost doubled. You fucked up guys

The Fertitas got a massive return on their investment. How is this fucking up? Sure it could be worth more down the road or it might decline. How many billions do you need to make for an investment to a be a success?

i'm reminded of the scene at the end of 'The Big Short' where the bank (or institution) is finally willing to pay the initial default swap investor full value because the bank (or institution) had by then bought so many default swaps themselves that they now needed a high market value for them.
Love that movie. I knew big banks were corrupt, but that shit really opened my eyes, and not one person went to jail. Well I guess the one guy did but that was it lol

It was overvalued when Zuffa sold it too.

If there were multiple buyers at 3 or 4 billion dollars as UFC was when it sold then you can't really say it was overvalued since multiple offers were willing to buy it at that price.

The Fertitas got a massive return on their investment. How is this fucking up? Sure it could be worth more down the road or it might decline. How many billions do you need to make for an investment to a be a success?

That's not really a good way to rationalize it. They are already filthy rich, I doubt the UFC sale changed anything in their day to day life.

They still fucked up. They were in a position where the company was just getting going imo, with bigger better tv deals paving the way.

It was so obvious the UFC was not going to decline in value. They sold right when all the hard work just started to pay off. They should have waited, and this valuation of 7b proves it.

Fertittas selling Zuffa was a bad business move imo. They made 4b but lost out on double, triple, 5x that amount.

Back