Reason Dana said UFC is valued at $7b now

yeah, what would mean for us. and for them too, for the business. if maybe the sports side of the business would get more valued or even more undervalued

I pretty much answered it as best I could
MMA/Boxing/etc., is a very unpredictable business.
A Conor or a Floyd can make a huge difference in a year's profit & public profiler.
But without Conor, UFC is set up to be an ATM.

Now will more transparency & stockholder be good for the owners?
It is no secret fighter pay is low, but WWE is about 50% of UFC (pay % of rev) & they don't catch any shit.

But I can't see Dana being as loud publicly if they go to open market.
Will stockholders see him as a PRO or CON?
no idea

If there were multiple buyers at 3 or 4 billion dollars as UFC was when it sold then you can't really say it was overvalued since multiple offers were willing to buy it at that price.

There were 5 at $3.5b & up

If there were multiple buyers at 3 or 4 billion dollars as UFC was when it sold then you can't really say it was overvalued since multiple offers were willing to buy it at that price.

UFC had failed to establish itself in Asia just prior, they have nowhere to go but down from here. MMA will never be as popular as the mainstream sports.

It was overvalued.

"We're worth 7 Billion Dollars"

"Get rid of win bonuses & pay full money? We're not that rich"

1456422222804.png

I read Flash sold their shares when WME initially bought the company.

UFC had failed to establish itself in Asia just prior, they have nowhere to go but down from here. MMA will never be as popular as the mainstream sports.

It was overvalued.

But they went up since the sale? How can that mean they were over valued at the time? Apparently they did have somewhere to go, as they in fcat didn't go down, and had some of the most profitable years in the companies history......

But they went up since the sale? How can that mean they were over valued at the time? Apparently they did have somewhere to go, as they in fcat didn't go down, and had some of the most profitable years in the companies history......

They had the biggest profit ever since the sale.
The company was valued at $5b before the US TV deals
So $6b is a reasonable estimate (hi end) right now
So the sale was certainly a huge win for all.

Only thing that makes sense is the $7b figure is what they think UFC will open at when they go public.

There were rumors they sold 6+ months ago, but they were smart to wait until the US TV deals
There were 2 feeds I read. One stating Flash recently sold which would have been estimated for $250 million. Another stating it was incorrect and they had initially sold their shares when The Fertitas sold the company.

I dont know however, Im just echoing what I read. Either way its a lot of money.

There were 2 feeds I read. One stating Flash recently sold which would have been estimated for $250 million. Another stating it was incorrect and they had initially sold their shares when The Fertitas sold the company. I dont know however, Im just echoing what I read.

They certainly didn't when Lorenzo sold.
That was known
Like i said, awhile ago WME was in discussions with Flash to sell, but it seems like flash played hardball

Interesting. I think going public will be bad for the hardcore fans in the long run. Companies general start making short sighted moves to inflate their quarterlies and appease people that maybe don’t know what they’re talking about. Of course WME has already kind of been doing that so maybe it won’t be a bad thing

Interesting. I think going public will be bad for the hardcore fans in the long run. Companies general start making short sighted moves to inflate their quarterlies and appease people that maybe don’t know what they’re talking about. Of course WME has already kind of been doing that so maybe it won’t be a bad thing

Your last sentence nailed it
I said from get go that WME saw UFC as an ATM.
Maybe more public transparency would be good for fans ... nobody knows until it happens.

Says what? A private companies own evaluation?

Nope!

Anyone can value anything at whatever they want. What matters is what people are willing to actually pay.

Says what? A private companies own evaluation?

Nope!

Their finances are not private.
Their financials are filed & reported on & have been for years
Also discussed here hundreds of times

Their finances are not private.
Their financials are filed & reported on & have been for years
Also discussed here hundreds of times

Post them then, and show us this increase in value.

I'm not convinced enough to begin research. Dana is a lying sack.

None of this has to do with Dana
'if you read what I took the time to write, you would have seen that UFC files to creditors every year. they also started to do investor reports with financial documents.
Reporter like Meltzer, Nash & Ourand report on these things & have for years.
the info is out there & not from DW's BS

What you do from this point on is up to you

@JoeyJoeJoeJr Probably a lot of pressure from the powers that be In this industry to sell and hand over the reins to those who may be able to do what the Fertittas could not. Among other reasons

Regardless of whether or not It was the best time to sell In the grand scheme , seems It was their time to leave.

Last edited:
Back