RDA ruined the True Conor Era.

Conor fights more than any active fighter. Until just this year he was on maternity leave.

Haha, Dude's got jokes. There's this one guy, named Donald....Let Connor fight as much as Cerrone, then we'll talk.

What era?
A champ's era is defined by his first successful title defense.

Conor has no title defenses, he has no era.
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

These things + the addition of Having an undefeated UFC record and not getting choked out? He would be more rich, more famous, and still be "Mystic Mac"

Ok but you didn't say that in your main post. In your main post you implied that he wasn't rich, wasn't on top, and wasn't going to box mayweather. Now you're talking about "more rich and more famous" so you've changed the subject.

Conor is a much better fighter for having to go through Nate Diaz, so it all worked out.

He would have knocked RDA senseless in a round.

Rockhold fought Micheal bisping on like 1 weeks notice. Bisping wasn't preparing for a fight. And rockhold was preparing for a different opponent. Tell me again who was more negatively impacted?

For every example you give of a fighter winning on short notice, there are dozens of counter examples of the better prepared fighter winning.

Bisping didn't ko rocksalt because of the short notice, he walloped him with a great counter because luke has shitty striking defense, he threw a lazy half-assed jab that he over-extended on, then left his chin high. What part of any of that has to do with a negative impact caused by facing an under-prepared opponent?

Humorously enough, something similar happened to canner: he was over-extending on his punches and kicks, trying ko diaz, gassing himself out, telegraphing an uppercut, getting caught with a 1-2, then resorting to panic-wrestling. 0% of that had anything to do with the fact that he was fighting cabo nate.

You can't be entirely results orientated in regards to that. Bisping was more negatively impacted by not being able to train. As was Diaz.

That's not to say it didn't affect Conor and Rockhold as well - of course it did. But, on balance, the fighter without a full camp is obviously less prepared.

That shouldn't be up for debate.

You're talking like someone with sense against a guy who worships mcgagger. Don't think your sound logic is going to get through to him.

It should be up for debate. Here's why. Conor spent months in camp preparing for RDA. RDA has a style that is a COMPLETE OPPOSITe of Diaz. Your argument would make sense IF conor was preparing for a guy similiar to Diaz. But he prepared for a guy that was gonna take him down like he did to Pettis and out grind him. Then last minute a full 180 He had to prepare for a guy with more reach, more height, and a boxing oriented style. If that isn't a huge detriment to any opponent, I don't know what is. Remember this. Jon Jones back in the day had been preparing for 3 months to fight Hendo, then last minute hendo pulls out, chale Sonnen wants to step in, but Jon Jones REFUSES because not enough time to prepare for a different type of fighter

And all that time Conor was preparing for RDA the only thing Diaz was preparing for was a hangover.

So, at best, you could say they were equally unprepared for each other. With Conor being closer to peak in terms of his conditioning.

It's a no-brainer man.

Conor would've went up to 170 to snatch the WW title after winning the 155 title.

Fuck title defenses.

You're talking like someone with sense against a guy who worships mcgagger. Don't think your sound logic is going to get through to him.

I have sinced realised this and won't be wasting any more energy.

Talk about pissing into the wind.

Conor / Diaz II is one of the best fights I've ever seen. It had everything.

I kinda thought RDA would've won that fight, I still do actually

Conor did kinda get lucky with Alvarez. A good guy, but at the end of the day, a champion who wasn't posed to bring a lot of problems to anyone coming to challenge him

I think RDA's pressure and quickness would've posed a problem for Conor, I can see something similar to what happened to Donald Cerrone happening to Conor

The cards fell where they needed to, and we will never totally know for sure.

Conor ruined the 'True Conor Era' when he decided to go chin to chin against Nate Diaz.

RDA was such a disappointment.
Injuried his foot before the Conor fight.
Later showed up like a zombie and lost badly against a guy he should beaten easily.
Conor's LW-belt would been so much more legit, if he got it from the beast-like RDA.

Kind of glad it didn't happen. His fights with Diaz were awesome.
Same here.
I give two shits about Conor's career.
I like watching fights, and honestly, these fights are the type of fights I like.

Back