RDA ruined the True Conor Era.

the Conor Era? you mean the one where no fights ever take place?
Conor fights more than any active fighter. Until just this year he was on maternity leave.
nate was much larger than RDA?

nate weighed in at 169. he was allowed to weigh in at 171. he did not cut any weight for that fight. conor weighed in at 168. nate was a whopping 1lb heavier.

had RDA made it, he would've been roughly 170, 175 max on fight night.

it's fine you're a fan of conor, but let's not be retarded here.
You are being the retard. 1 pound? So you actually watch this sport and don't know what weight cutting is still? Lmao why did I even Reply to you.

As a Conor fan I'm glad he lost to Nate, in the long run it made him better and he proved what he's made of by taking the tough matchup again.
Whilst Im not glad he lost it certainly made him a better fighter, Conor 2.0 is no more Mr.Nice Guy.

By running away for a year and crying Into a pillow? Then coming back and losing even worse to nunes? Yea hater. Way better than conor beating the person who beat him, then winning another title after.
I'd rather have an ex champ that runs away beltless for a year than a current chump who does it with a belt

Even though he's extremely popular and has a lot of fans, Nate loss really slowed down the hype. Can you imagine how crazy would it get if his Mystic Mac stuff was still 100% correct and if he KO'd RDA in the 1st round. People would probably start believing he's the second coming of Christ or something. Loss to Nate made him more relatable to an average man, but changed his image a lot. Hype was growing exponentially before that loss. We will never know what would have been unfortunately.

To see him become the panic wrestler and quit like a bitch was priceless.i love these salty threads.

Conor had Just KOed Jose Aldo in 13 seconds and become the UFC featherweight champion. He was undefeated in the UFC. He was basically untouchable having KOed everyone but 1 opponent. Then he decided to fight RDA at lightweight. I have no doubt in my mind he would have KOed him even worse than sloppy Eddie did. He would have become 2 weight world champion WITHOUT fighting Nate Diaz at 170 twice. But RDA pulled out last minute. I partly blame conor for fighting someone much larger on 11 days notice. He should have just waited for RDA.

Conor would still be undefeated in the UFC and be the Featherweight and lightweight champion. He then could have either defended the Lightweight or featherweight belt, or retire on top and be a legend. Then go box mayweather and leave the game rich. Fuck RDA.

I think that loss to nate, helped conor more than any of his wins...his style is completely changed since then.

Even though he's extremely popular and has a lot of fans, Nate loss really slowed down the hype. Can you imagine how crazy would it get if his Mystic Mac stuff was still 100% correct and if he KO'd RDA in the 1st round. People would probably start believing he's the second coming of Christ or something. Loss to Nate made him more relatable to an average man, but changed his image a lot. Hype was growing exponentially before that loss. We will never know what would have been unfortunately.
That's 100% what I'm saying. He was getting so big and hyped I'm so salty I couldn't see what it was truly gonna. Look like. I think he would have been The favorite in the Mayweather fight JUST because of hype if he hadn't fought Nate.

I prefer fighters leave on top. I did mention he should have defended one or both of the titles at least once each. Conor has said from the get go that he wants to retire young, like at 30. He's getting very close to that age. Even GSP couldn't stay retired as champion.

He's barely 28. That's still a good distance from 30

Even if he wasn't in the best shape, if he was out of camp, he would have been even heavier. Both fights he has at least 15 pounds on him. And not just weight. He whent from preparing for a 5'8 RDA to fighting and 6'0 Fighter on 11 days notice with a MUCH larger reach.

And he went from fighting a guy who was preparing for a fight to fighting a guy who was partying in cabo less than two weeks before he stepped in.

And he went from fighting a guy who was preparing for a fight to fighting a guy who was partying in cabo less than two weeks before he stepped in.
Rockhold fought Micheal bisping on like 1 weeks notice. Bisping wasn't preparing for a fight. And rockhold was preparing for a different opponent. Tell me again who was more negatively impacted?

He is on top, and he is a legend.

He is rich and still going to box mayweather.

Is this thread supposed to be sarcastic?
These things + the addition of Having an undefeated UFC record and not getting choked out? He would be more rich, more famous, and still be "Mystic Mac"

Rockhold fought Micheal bisping on like 1 weeks notice. Bisping wasn't preparing for a fight. And rockhold was preparing for a different opponent. Tell me again who was more negatively impacted?

You can't be entirely results orientated in regards to that. Bisping was more negatively impacted by not being able to train. As was Diaz.

That's not to say it didn't affect Conor and Rockhold as well - of course it did. But, on balance, the fighter without a full camp is obviously less prepared.

That shouldn't be up for debate.

The Conor era is amazing no matter what. He's a great fighter.

The Diaz fights were awesome, what are you talking about?

Who cares if he lost. Everyone loses. He came back and showed that he could stand with Nate. Then he won the perfect match against Alvarez.

Conor fans are upset because his tailor-made path to both titles got disrupted and made him look bad?

All Conor is is a ducking little bitch. All you retard Conor fans are Filthy Casuals who want to suck his dick. You're all Artem Lobov.

Frankie, Khabib, Ferguson, any WW, hell - Ryan Hall.. would fuck Conor up without taking any damage.

Conor is soft, he's scared, and he's never going to fight in the UFC again, so strip him of any fake belts and lets get back to fighting in the UFC instead of whoring on Instagram like a thot.

You can't be entirely results orientated in regards to that. Bisping was more negatively impacted by not being able to train. As was Diaz.

That's not to say it didn't affect Conor and Rockhold as well - of course it did. But, on balance, the fighter without a full camp is obviously less prepared.

That shouldn't be up for debate.
It should be up for debate. Here's why. Conor spent months in camp preparing for RDA. RDA has a style that is a COMPLETE OPPOSITe of Diaz. Your argument would make sense IF conor was preparing for a guy similiar to Diaz. But he prepared for a guy that was gonna take him down like he did to Pettis and out grind him. Then last minute a full 180 He had to prepare for a guy with more reach, more height, and a boxing oriented style. If that isn't a huge detriment to any opponent, I don't know what is. Remember this. Jon Jones back in the day had been preparing for 3 months to fight Hendo, then last minute hendo pulls out, chale Sonnen wants to step in, but Jon Jones REFUSES because not enough time to prepare for a different type of fighter

If he didn't have that loss against Nate he would eventually lose the same way against someone else. He needed that wake up call because his head got so big he would just go wild and punch himself out in less than 2 rounds. Now he knows how to pace himself and go 5 tough rounds, he improved his TDD and defensive grappling too. Those two aspects of his game would still be a weakness if he had never faced Homer Diaz.

He went in there and headhunted a Diaz, he's got no one to blame but himself

Back