RDA IS THE MOST UNPOPULAR UFC CHAMP

Ill tell you why; its because he's ugly, and has the personality of a wet towel.

He's the first champion to headline a fight pass card haha, that speaks for itself.

He doesnt speak english well, has a normal some might say boring personality, just a regular family man doing his job. But who gives a shit the guy is exciting as hell in the cage and a fantastic fighter.

He's the first champion to headline a fight pass card haha, that speaks for itself.

He doesn't DEMAND respect, that is his problem. He's a pushover outside of fighting.

Well I'm a big fan of his one of my favourite current champs , After what he did to Pettis who I personally couldn't stand I will be a fan for life that and the fact he had a tough run in the beginning of his UFC run but he hung in there got better and became the champ that's some true heart IMO

It is dumb-ass threads and dumb-ass replies like these that remind me of that sports fans are entitled, spoiled little children.

Tweeter followers are not a skill, RDA will be fine.

And everyone talks mad sh** about MM (including myself) RDA has like half the followers on twitter of any other ufc champ the guy is literally unpopular no one likes this guy could it be fair to say RDA is the most UNPOPULAR UFC Champion in the era of social media? I literally haven't seen anyone with this little exposure as a champion both in social media and in general, the dude is just not a very likeable person. I really think Eddie Alverez will dominate the crap outa post usada RDA (probably because im biased) but i feel like RDA's time as a champion is up.
I like how you go directly from a point about his popularity and how he's not likeable to his time as champion being over. Is this really how your mind works?

And everyone talks mad sh** about MM (including myself) RDA has like half the followers on twitter of any other ufc champ the guy is literally unpopular no one likes this guy could it be fair to say RDA is the most UNPOPULAR UFC Champion in the era of social media? I literally haven't seen anyone with this little exposure as a champion both in social media and in general, the dude is just not a very likeable person. I really think Eddie Alverez will dominate the crap outa post usada RDA (probably because im biased) but i feel like RDA's time as a champion is up.
RDA is gonna put a beatdown on Alvarez.. Plain and simple. RDA's pace and power will be too much for him. He won't be able to spam takedowns on RDA like he could against Pettis. And in case you missed it, RDA beat the crap out of Pettis. He did not wall n stall like Alvarez.

Last edited:

TITLES IN CAPS IS FUCKING AWESOME. WE HEAR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey ts QUITE FUCKING YELLING.
Yelling doesn't make it any more true or false.
If it is bullshit it just makes it loud bullshit.

And to be honest THIS THREAD IS BULLSHIT.
I honestly don't care what champ happens to be the one you like the most or least. I will tune in to watch RDA fight.

Really? Him having less followers or whatever is what makes you think he's going to get dominated?

Wow... just, wow...

Some MMA fans here on sherdog are real whiners and douchebags. RDA is an awesome champ and a very exciting one at that. He has a bunch of losses earlier in his career which made him a better fighter today.

He speaks english quite well
His interviews are lackluster because they don't mean shit. He knows this so he doesn't give a shit about em.
His looks doesn't matter, he is perfectly fine for an MMA fighter. They are not meant to be pretty (Miesha the exception)
He has one of the best LW runs in the UFC, if he manages to avenge his Nurmagomedov loss, than he will be one of the LW GOATs.

Yeah like the entire world cares about twitter. American boy. Fuck that stupid shit.

Lol. So these "casuals" (ie you and me) would have been talking about RDA had it not been for the Conor fight.
We're not casuals, at least not me, I'm a pretty pathetic hardcore fan, I watch every god damn fight the UFC puts on.
Interest in the sport goes down a little after the biggest events, specially for people that aren't as invested, ie casual fans, a term that it's not an insult by the way.

RDA is a beast I love his fighting style but any of the top 4 could beat him. One already did - The Russian Blanket who ragged dolled him for 3 rounds. Alvarez probably will too. Overall his reign wont be long in that stacked division.

His tweets are cringe worthy as fuck he just shouldn't talk in print or out loud with that weird voice if he wants better PPV. Just be the silent menacing Frankenstein killer IMO.

Last edited:
When a defending champion is deemed not popular due to training MMA instead of focusing on Twitter followers.

It confirms that the sport has reached a low point where fighting is not the most important factor.

Maybe it never was, but it's never been more apparent. People want a story line. They want a face, and a heel. They want big throbbing muscles.

Essentially they want the WWE, they just want it to feel real.

The sport is no longer about martial art skill it is all about WWE antics and yap english.

Guaranteed if RDA was white he acknowledged as a world champ and at least headling a PPV instead of fightpass.

The UFC is a xenophobic MMA organization who only want champs who speak english.

Ethnic fighters should be promoted more around the world not just North America

I agreed with your post until you wrote the highlighted.

If Rory MacDonald was champ I guarantee he would not get nearly the views Ronda, Silva, or McGregor get on a yearly basis.
And the UFC only discriminates insofar as your people skills limit you from following through with the opportunity they provide.

Anderson Silva would also probably gain a bit more momentum in the US if he spoke English. The funny interviews with radio and TV shows would touch a lot more people. At my job the people who can't speak a lick of English have less work value, surprise surprise. Just the way things are set up.

Do you realize "ethnic" refers to different cultures of white people too? A lot of people make that dumb mistake. White isn't a default skin color. Think Khabib vs Fedor.

Back