RDA IS THE MOST UNPOPULAR UFC CHAMP

1. He's has a shit ton of fans in Brazil.

2. This is MMA/cage fighting. Who cares about popularity as long as you can keep whooping on people? Fans follow the blood trail.

3. I do think Alvarez is going to take him out.

Got any sources on that first bullet? As far as I know mma isn't even all that popular in brazil overall.

He's not super popular because the casual fans don't like to see takedowns and ground and pound and he doesn't talk shit. But he's a great fighter.

I think he just fights infrequently and is not hyped much by the UFC.

And everyone talks mad sh** about MM (including myself) RDA has like half the followers on twitter of any other ufc champ the guy is literally unpopular no one likes this guy could it be fair to say RDA is the most UNPOPULAR UFC Champion in the era of social media? I literally haven't seen anyone with this little exposure as a champion both in social media and in general, the dude is just not a very likeable person. I really think Eddie Alverez will dominate the crap outa post usada RDA (probably because im biased) but i feel like RDA's time as a champion is up.
Who gives a shit about his followers. And you do understand he's been on his tear in the post USADA world right??

No internet in Brazil. -Kenny Florian.

Don't worry, most belts change hands quite often any ways.

RDA is a "BEAST" and you sound like a hipster who wears tight pants. Rafael is a solid family man and knows the fight game isn't about talking sh!t & boasting to get busted when they see you don't got skillz. Rafael got all around fight skillz & can grind your f*king life out for full 5 rds.

Who gives a f*k how he does on social media it's what he does inside the cage what matters b!tch...

TS is no doubt a Conor nuthugger. Who cares about twitter followers?

Fuck me. We now judge champions by how many assholes follow them on Twitter ?

the-office-5.gif

Got any sources on that first bullet? As far as I know mma isn't even all that popular in brazil overall.
MMA is very popular in Brazil. It has always been niche sport, but after Anderson vs Belfort it really blew up here. RDA has plenty of fans and he is in a lot of comercial for Canal Combate. Its the brazilian channel where all MMA events are aired. Including all UFC events.

The UFC has invested its marketing dollars elsewhere. Otherwise you neckbeards would be on here calling RDA the greatest thing since sliced bread.

He hasn't had much time to establish himself yet, also his rise to the top was clouded to the casual fan by the depth of the division.
Timing haven't been favorable as well, his first defense was after Conor vs Aldo, casuals were still talking about that when the fight happened.
Lol. So these "casuals" (ie you and me) would have been talking about RDA had it not been for the Conor fight.

Hes brazils only current champ hes alot more popular than u think

MMA is very popular in Brazil. It has always been niche sport, but after Anderson vs Belfort it really blew up here. RDA has plenty of fans and he is in a lot of comercial for Canal Combate. Its the brazilian channel where all MMA events are aired. Including all UFC events.

Fair enough. I was always under the impression that while many fighters are from Brazil, that, like here in the US, it was still fairly unknown by the masses.

That's pretty cool about him being in commercials for the mma channel. He's definitely earned the recognition he's getting there.

When a defending champion is deemed not popular due to training MMA instead of focusing on Twitter followers.

It confirms that the sport has reached a low point where fighting is not the most important factor.

Maybe it never was, but it's never been more apparent. People want a story line. They want a face, and a heel. They want big throbbing muscles.

Essentially they want the WWE, they just want it to feel real.

The sport is no longer about martial art skill it is all about WWE antics and yap english.

Guaranteed if RDA was white he acknowledged as a world champ and at least headling a PPV instead of fightpass.

The UFC is a xenophobic MMA organization who only want champs who speak english.

Ethnic fighters should be promoted more around the world not just North America.

And everyone talks mad sh** about MM (including myself) RDA has like half the followers on twitter of any other ufc champ the guy is literally unpopular no one likes this guy could it be fair to say RDA is the most UNPOPULAR UFC Champion in the era of social media? I literally haven't seen anyone with this little exposure as a champion both in social media and in general, the dude is just not a very likeable person. I really think Eddie Alverez will dominate the crap outa post usada RDA (probably because im biased) but i feel like RDA's time as a champion is up.

You're a dipshit, go punch yourself in the cock

Fair enough. I was always under the impression that while many fighters are from Brazil, that, like here in the US, it was still fairly unknown by the masses.

That's pretty cool about him being in commercials for the mma channel. He's definitely earned the recognition he's getting there.
I agree, I think maybe RDA is in more comercials than Werdum, but Werdum is def the more popular champ.

Brazilians who follow sport knows the names of the top Football players, F-1 Drivers and MMA fighters. The top MMA fighters here (popularity) are Anderson, Belfort, Minotauro, Wandy, Lyoto, Shogun, JDS and specifically Aldo, the dude has a movie coming out here pretty soon.

Back