RDA gonna kill Conor

s2v04x.jpg

RDA via anaconda choke in the late 2nd, early 3rd round.

Should be a fun fight.

you guys are ridic

RDA has far more muscle mass than conor

and for the "moron" who said i wasn't back it up: RDA starched Pettis for 5 rounds straight and Pettis is a more complete striker than McGregor. Not by a fuckton, but he objectively is. Also has a better ground game than Conor

come the fuck on people

you guys are ridic

RDA has far more muscle mass than conor

and for the "moron" who said i wasn't back it up: RDA starched Pettis for 5 rounds straight and Pettis is a more complete striker than McGregor. Not by a fuckton, but he objectively is. Also has a better ground game than Conor

come the fuck on people

>pettis is a more complete striker

what does that even mean? half of his kicks end up with him being taken down. Conor has KO'd the 145 GOAT in under 20 seconds. I think it'll be a close fight. Conor has more reach, too. Not to mention RDA hurt pettis's eye early, and before that it was close in the striking exchanges.

Conor will win by KO in the first round within the very first minute. He has a completely different.. spirit if you will, call it "the X- factor" and he will become a two weight champion in the UFC as he predicted. Besides, dos Anjos is too stiff and predictable for Conor's style and like many top Brazilians: he has most certainly cheated and used PED:s so karma will come back and bite him in the ass and he will lose his title.

This is long, but whatever.

I'm taking Conor to get the KO/TKO in the second round - but stylistically, dos Anjos is not an easy fight for him at all. He has the skill/tools to beat Conor, but Conor also has the tools to beat RDA, too. It's crazy to count either of them out of this fight.

I feel McGregor will eventually tag dos Anjos on the feet, hurt him and get the KO/TKO. RDA gets very wild on the feet sometimes and leaves himself wide open for counters. Nobody has really been able to counter him and hurt him as of late and it's not because RDA is just that good, but also because he hasn't fought any very good counter punchers/strikers.

RDA has really only fought great kickers that are lacking in the boxing department, they aren't very good with their counters while moving backwards. They also don't react all that well under pressure and don't do that well when they're forced to trade hands more and not being able to rely on their kicks so much. Striking-wise, Conor is far more dangerous than both Pettis & Cerrone and everybody else that RDA has fought. Conor's overall movement is better, too, because he doesn't move in straight lines like Cerrone so much - being easily pushed to the fence, and same with Pettis, because he also gets pushed back quite easily and fails to circle from the fence at the right time.

Conor is far more dangerous on the feet than anybody RDA has fought for a few reasons, his countering ability being the most important. Conor has some of the best counter punching ability we've ever seen, he's right up there with guys like Anderson Silva, Lyoto Machida, Stephen Thompson, etc, in terms of counter punching ability. He's powerful, accurate, quick, great timing, he's got it all. RDA often gets overaggressive on the feet but his opponents haven't been able to take advantage of it because they lack in counter punching/striking ability, Conor doesn't, he's one of the very best in MMA history at it, in my opinion.

Another thing - people talk about how Conor will be taken down and mauled, but fail to realize that RDA's best TD's come from when he pushes you to the fence. He hasn't really shown a great single or double in the center or anything like that, his TD's are at the fence and pushing Conor back to the fence is not easy because of his countering and his movement. He could very well catch RDA coming in. Pressuring Conor is not easy because of his striking and his movement and Conor himself is one of the best pressure fighters around.

If RDA can push Conor to the fence and get him down, then that's great for him. But let's not forget about Conor's great ability at getting back to his feet so quickly. That's something so many people don't seem to give him credit for, he's very good at getting back to his feet and does it very quickly. He's also not as easy to take down as so many people think. Getting taken down by Mendes is nothing to be ashamed of because he's one of the best wrestlers around. I, for one, expected Conor to be taken down in that fight at least a couple times.

But taking Conor down and keeping him there through 5 rounds is not going to be easy. That's going to be a hell of a task. If RDA can do this and win, I'll be extremely impressed because avoiding that left hand for 25 minutes.. that's NOT easy at all.

So, with all that being said - I truly believe that McGregor will take the win. RDA is a hell of a fighter and has the skills/tools to win, but I feel McGregor is just that damn good on the feet and 25 minutes is just too long to avoid that left hand. I feel it's only a matter of time before Conor lands something big and RDA gets hurt and gets put down. It's just a matter of time, it's going to happen eventually, in my opinion.

Conor via KO/TKO, 2 rounds tops.

I hope that is what happens but I know isn't going to exactly be that easy. Conor will present some problems but RDA will break him down.

Hey.. everyone thought the same as you with Ronda, the greatest athlete in the world. ;)
I never thought she was anything close to the greatest athlete in the world.

would not be surprised if conor wins by tko/ko in the 1st or 2nd round. i think he will do so much talking leading up to the fight that during fight time rda will make some stupid moves in the octagon costing him the fight. same way aldo did by charging forward and getting countered...i can see the same happening to rda, he comes charging forward or getting reckless and then conor catches him for the finish.

conor might be good but his arrogance is annoying, his personality sucks, all we need is him winning anothe belt in a different division and we'll never hear the end of it. he's another fighter i would like see get ktfo just to be humbled, i would think if rda wins its by decision but you never know, would be nice if he can get the finish...submission but ko/tko would be better.

Lol. Conor will win in 12 seconds.

I think it depends on how RDA approaches McGregor.

If RDA uses a grinding, ugly, against the cage/mix takedowns I think he may pummel him. If he makes it a kickboxing match he will probably get blasted.

McGregor has a way about getting in guys heads and getting them to fall into his trap (Aldo would have failed boxing 101 with that bullshit performance). Plus RDA seems to love his striking as he beat up Cowboy. It's going to be interesting.

I am just waiting for someone to exploit the hole in McGregors game (and not gas doing it). It's only a matter of time. RDA has the tools to do it but will he?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back