News Raul Rosas Jr. vs Ricky Turcios officially not happening this weekend

why would they need a new contract why is Ricky Blue being a bitch about signing?

Rosas bitched out. Ricky should just move on and give Rosas another fighter. Put him in the Apex again that way he doesn't feel scared to fight in a big crowd.

Holy cow next week's card looks ROUGH. I guess this is what a giant roster and contracts looks like. What Apex looks like

It's no wonder I work nearly every Saturday night. You know how hard it is to come home after a hard day's work and see these unfamiliar grind out Close decisions though? I'm getting old

Of course, weight cuts take time...HW's that come under 265 can, no one else can.

By Big Marcel Dorff:

“Little info. I took down the rebooking post for Rosas Jr. vs. Turcios.
The UFC broadcast, Dana himself and the official UFC account on X confirmed the fight was happening next week. According to Turcios he hasn't signed anything (as you can see in his IG stories).

No idea why the UFC thought they could announce it without both sides agreeing to fight next week. Don't know if it is still being worked on but for now I took it down.”

View attachment 1031624

View attachment 1031625

View attachment 1031626

MMA journalists have it pretty tough.

You've got the UFC announcing fake fights, you've got fighters announcing fake fights, you've got flipping Saudi Arabian arenas announcing fake fights, and if a journalist reports on these seemingly solid, concrete sources, they get shit when it turns out someone has been telling lies.

Maybe the UFC as an organization needs some training on how to only announce fights when contracts are signed, sealed and delivered?

Holy cow next week's card looks ROUGH. I guess this is what a giant roster and contracts looks like. What Apex looks like

It's no wonder I work nearly every Saturday night. You know how hard it is to come home after a hard day's work and see these unfamiliar grind out Close decisions though? I'm getting old

Isn't it the Saudi card that fell through? A lot of those guys are the types they load onto UAE/Saudi-style cards.

why would they need a new contract why is Ricky Blue being a bitch about signing?

He signed a bout agreement to fight this past weekend. So he honored the contract by showing up, doing medicals, doing press, making weight and warming up to walk out. Now he's done all of that and gotten paid zero dollars.

The UFC can send him another bout agreement with new terms (date, location) and he can agree, not agree or counter.

Personally I wouldn't cut weight twice in the same week. There is a LOT of good science that says this is bad for you, and we're talking about brain trauma. These guys are paid peanuts in the first place. No way would I pack up and fly to another city and cut weight all over again a few days later to fight in the stupid Apex.

The UFC should open up the checkbook if they want to screw this guy around so bad.

He signed a bout agreement to fight this past weekend. So he honored the contract by showing up, doing medicals, doing press, making weight and warming up to walk out. Now he's done all of that and gotten paid zero dollars.

The UFC can send him another bout agreement with new terms (date, location) and he can agree, not agree or counter.

Personally I wouldn't cut weight twice in the same week. There is a LOT of good science that says this is bad for you, and we're talking about brain trauma. These guys are paid peanuts in the first place. No way would I pack up and fly to another city and cut weight all over again a few days later to fight in the stupid Apex.

The UFC should open up the checkbook if they want to screw this guy around so bad.

<PlusJuan>

Next weeks card is light on numbers, and they're probably paying a lot to fly all those guys from all over the world to the Apex.

While they're signing checks, cut a decent one to Turcios.

stfu turcios
fight next saturday and stop complaining like a little bitch

Sounds like a case of the nerves kicked in and he quit right before the fight.

Anything that is serious illness related would have been noticeable prior to 5mins before the fight starting. That’s bullshit and I hope Turcios gets paid for showing up and doing his job.
This whole situation sounds extra sus and reeks of UFC favoritism and bullshit.
The whole reschedule is most likely the UFC trying not to pay the guy which is BS.

stfu turcios
fight next saturday and stop complaining like a little bitch
Making weight again?? Not ideal, unless they get rescheduled at LW.

weird series of events for sure

Bout agreement or not, the recovery time for a Mexican colonics session could be up to two weeks depending on the intensity and the patient. If he does fight next week, I will be impressed but we all know, shit happens.

You can think a young guy that got his ass kicked in the last fight could get cold feet and pussy out of the fight....

but vs Ricky Turcios? Dude hasn't koed anyone in 7 years....

I don't know what the issue is with Rosas but it did remind me of a question I've had for a while. Ever since the Justine Kish incident they've made, um, emitting bodily fluids in the cage (other than blood of course)
Really ? Somehow I didn't know that. But they had to, I guess, because between an incident and a disgusting submission technique, the only difference is intent, which is hard to evaluate.

Back