Social [Rats Infestation] How Rats Took Over New York

But it has to mea something. A lot of urban areas are decaying in new and weird ways. It's def a sign that something, at least underlying is badly wrong. Homelessness, drugs, rats, poop, there is something that is obviously not working right.
I don't care about partisan ship all that much. Would like to solve the problem, ie dog, that point if the demons, which is eaier. Dogs and demons is about Japan recognizing long ago institutionalized problems but can't or won't deviate in order to solve them.

A. Life is getting safer, just about all over the place. Chicago, NYC, etc all have drastically lower murder and crime rates than they did in previous decades.

B. I would place the struggles on city life upon the fact that putting millions of people into cramped space with rats, trash and piss is what causes these things, not democrat or republican policy on a city level.

I get mice instead of rats and I just live with them. They aren't crawling into bed with me or anything.

I use glue and snap traps in the winter but mostly just to give me a rough idea of their potential numbers.

This is a potential house fire in the making.

Just wait til one of them gnawing machines chew through the electrical wiring inside your drywalls.

A. Life is getting safer, just about all over the place. Chicago, NYC, etc all have drastically lower murder and crime rates than they did in previous decades.

B. I would place the struggles on city life upon the fact that putting millions of people into cramped space with rats, trash and piss is what causes these things, not democrat or republican policy on a city level.
Things were getting sager for a long time. Decades really. Now it's being reversed.
I feel that costs that cities incur are becoming unsustainable. Rents are too high, which means everything is expensive. This leads to a serial where services are spotty and people don't have money to take care of problems themselves

Things were getting sager for a long time. Decades really. Now it's being reversed.
I feel that costs that cities incur are becoming unsustainable. Rents are too high, which means everything is expensive. This leads to a serial where services are spotty and people don't have money to take care of problems themselves

The nation is not getting more violent. Look at all the tried and true GOP examples for the dangers of inner city democratic life: Chicago, NYC, LA. The crime rates are dropping, and have been for decades. There is no reversal.

You're falling for media hype.

This is a potential house fire in the making.

Just wait til one of them gnawing machines chew through the electrical wiring inside your drywalls.

I'm so scared. Mice live in our homes. If you think they don't, you are ignorant. They usually stay away when it's warm outside but once winter hits, you are living with them whether you like it or not.

The nation is not getting more violent. Look at all the tried and true GOP examples for the dangers of inner city democratic life: Chicago, NYC, LA. The crime rates are dropping, and have been for decades. There is no reversal.

You're falling for media hype.
I believe that has actually changed the past 3 years iirc. The decline in crime that started in 1989 or so stopped in 2016 iirc. Well it stopped in some major cities such as Chicago

I'm so scared. Mice live in our homes. If you think they don't, you are ignorant. They usually stay away when it's warm outside but once winter hits, you are living with them whether you like it or not.
You could make it harder for them to live in hour house. Don't leave food out. Plug up holes in your walls. Leave traps out. They won't come in if you do.

I believe that has actually changed the past 3 years iirc. The decline in crime that started in 1989 or so stopped in 2016 iirc. Well it stopped in some major cities such as Chicago

Chicago saw a rise in 2016, yes. The numbers have steadily decreased since. A 5 percent drop each year since 2016.

LOL, DC is ranked 4th on the list of rattiest cities, so I can see where that wacky mindset is from.

This is going to be a shock: Just because your house is infested does NOT mean other people are as content to live among rodents as you do. Believe it or not, rodents running around the house leaving a trail of droppings behind them is actually considered unnatural for most people.

I personally contracted the exterminators to come spray our premise on a quarterly basis as a precaution, and I can say with 100% certainty that there isn't a single rat or mouse in this house at any given time.

LOL, DC is ranked 4th on the list of rattiest cities, so I can see where that wacky mindset is from.

This is going to be a shock: Just because your house is infested does NOT mean other people are as content to live among rodents as you do. Believe it or not, rodents running around the house leaving a trail of droppings behind them is actually considered unnatural for most people.

I personally contracted the exterminators to come spray our premise on a quarterly basis as a precaution, and I can say with 100% certainty that there isn't a single rat or mouse in this house at any given time.

Lol 100% certain. Hey, ignorance is bliss.

Lol 100% certain. Hey, ignorance is bliss.

Most people in this thread don't have packs of dirty rats running around on our streets and leaping into strollers at our parks either, shocker huh?

Travel around more, you'd be surprised how clean the rest of the country is compare to your chart-topping rat cities.

I saw a good documentary where they showed the insane amounts of food that sit in garbage bags on the curb all night in big cities. Restaurant and hime leftovers. Rats just dig in. The more food they have, the more they breed.

-4TmGO.gif
buolehscitojpx1fre3b.gif
giphy.gif

Man that video of that giant rat going on that homeless man always gets me. Dude got petrified once he woke up and saw that rat and that rat hadd no fear, he was ready to fight LMAO.

Chicago is the 'rattiest city' in America for the sixth year in a row
By Giulia Heyward and Ralph Ellis, CNN | October 17, 2020​

191015083743-03-national-wildlife-photographer-of-the-year-super-169.jpg
Chicago is the six-time holder of a title that no city wants.

The Windy City has topped the list of the rattiest cities in the United States for the sixth year in a row.

Orkin, an Atlanta-based pest control service, ranks US cities based on the number of new rodent treatments from September 1 to August 31 of each year. The result is a list of 50 cities, with most changing spots each time the list is updated. Chicago, however, is still No. 1.

"Rodents are experts at sniffing out food and shelter, and they're resilient in their ways to obtain both," Ben Hottel, an Orkin entomologist, said in the company's press release. "Residential properties offer the ideal habitat for rodents, and once they've settled in, they're capable of reproducing rapidly and in large quantities."

Efforts to tame the city's rat population have been going on for years. Chicago's "war on rats" escalated with the introduction of a new rat task force back in 2016. Residents had even begun adopting cats to squash their numbers.

Rounding out the top 10 on Orkin's list were Los Angeles, New York, Washington, DC, San Francisco, Detroit, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Denver and Minneapolis.

How the pandemic has exacerbated rat populations

Statewide mandates to stay at home and close businesses haven't just affected the human population, according to Orkin.

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has an entire section on its website devoted to rodent control.

"Community-wide closures have led to a decrease in food available to rodents, especially in dense commercial areas," according to the website. "Some jurisdictions have reported an increase in rodent activity as rodents search for new sources of food."

And Orkin warns that rat activity "will only continue increasing" as rodents began seeking warm shelter as the months get colder.

Chicago may not be the only city in trouble. Rankings for other cities on Orkin's "rattiest cities" list can be found on the company's website.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/10/17/us/chicago-rat-city-2020-trnd/index.html

I used to have a rat problem, and the first thing you need to do is to inspect your home and block any of the entrances with wire mesh. If that can’t be done, use expanded foam. Set some traps indoors with peanut butter, it’s long lasting. After one season, it should be under control. Outside, we have a stray cat problem in my area, I occasionally feed and pet them, but tend to let them feed on their own. They do a decent job killing rats. They also like to kill lizards....... it can be controlled, you just need to pay attention to detail, any little crevice will be exploited.

In Oakland they told restaurants to stop giving the homeless baseheads left over food because of the rat problem because of tent cities. Meh they have ebt so it’s tough to feel bad for the bums.

Back