Rate The Card: UFC Fight Night 120 Pettis vs. Poirier

As far as a free card goes.. that's a 10/10 for me, or at least close to it. Every fight on the main card is relevant and compelling to me. Prelims could easily be passed off as a Fs1 main card on there own. Plus...

images.jpg

Side note; Why is Arlovski still fighting?

Not only that, on a 5 losing streak with:
2 main event
2 co main event
1 main card (and he is main carding this event too)

7.5 or 8/10. It's stacked with fun matchups, but the most important thing missing here is no fights that are extremely consequential to their division (no #1 or 2 contender fights).

Not only that, on a 5 losing streak with:
2 main event
2 co main event
1 main card (and he is main carding this event too)
The bout order isn't official, but I'm assuming he'll be on the Main Card based on how the UFC usually positions his fights. Weird though. He's clearly past it. Maybe he's looking for 1 last win than he'll retire.

This card has the potential to be great. There could be some real slobberknockers on the main card. I'll give it an 8 for now.

I've never seen Albini fight but he has a good record. Good balance between KOs and Subs.
I only seen the one fight when he tkod Tim Johnson but that dude is hard to finish in a fight he won me over with that

Free card 7/10 fun fights
But because it starts at 3am here
7 points will be deducted now

7/10, the first two fights are awesome the rest are meh. Dodson can be pretty boring when he runs around in a 3 round fight, Arlovski is done as a mid level HW (head and reaction time are gone), Guida is at the end of his career too.

Sanchez should be awesome to watch and Poirier fights are always entertaining.

This card is better than most UFC PPVs! Lots of legit fighters from the past 10 years... Marquardt, Guida, Lauzon, Diego, Brown I won't miss this card.

8/10, better than some recent PPVs for sure

Back