Raquel Pennington wasn’t impressed by Amanda Nunes or Valentina Shevchenko at UFC 215

whats With Chicks Wanting To Dress Up Like A Preppy Boy

Meow.

The spirit of Joan is strong in this one.

giphy.gif

Pennington has solid fundamentals and good boxing skills in the division, the problem for her is speed kills. She doesn't have the explosive speed of Nunes or Shevchenko and both of them are also better strikers than she is. A couple years ago I'd give her a decent chance against both fighters, Nunes' striking & footwork wasn't as good as it is now and she tended to blow her wad early, Rocky's toughness and good fundamentals would give her a chance of surviving early and beating a gassed out Nunes. Shevchenko back then was still figuring out MMA and making rookie mistakes, lots of chances for Pennington to grapple her to death.

These days, good luck. Nunes has figured out footwork, distance management, and managing her gas tank. Raquel's gonna have a bad day closing the range to land strikes or grapple against Nunes, she's got a speed disadvantage and will have to close through Amanda's fast accurate strikes to do her work. She'll fight well, but I expect her to get plastered or stuck on the outside eating punches. Val now has MMA mostly figured out (except how judges score things) and she has the best footwork, speed, and distance control in the division. Pennington will get stuck on the outside and picked apart, it'll pretty much be a replay of the Holm vs. Shevchenko fight.

I like your analysis.

Pennington would get whooped by either of em.

I'm not impressed with what Pennington has to say. I had her losing to Bethe lol.

Back