Rapper and Bernie Sanders Supporter Killer Mike Defends Gun Ownership in NRATV Interview

Supporting gun control measures doesn't mean you have to be against gun ownership.

I don't know why most people in this site don't understand this.

Guns will never be banned, period. All i hear is slippery slope fallacies from certain posters

Anyone who knows anything about the history of gun control in this country knows it was used almost exclusively to disarm freed blacks, and now much of it serves to keep black folks in prison. There are countless thousand of black men currently in a cell because they dared to own self-protection after getting out of the pin.
What keeps some black folks in jail is committing crimes. But keep blaming everything but individual decision making. Makes you sound like a whiny, irresponsible child. Zero accountability, zero discipline. Zero ownership of self. What lessons are you going to teach your children? That if you end up in jail it’s everyone else’s fault?

Felons can't buy guns. It's not a racial law.

• Arming felons: Federal law and the law of most states bar individuals with felony convictions from purchasing or possessing guns.15 But the NRA has lobbied at both the federal and state level to let convicted violent felons immediately overturn these prohibitions and access guns.16
      Arming domestic abusers: The presence of a gun in a domestic violence situation makes it five times more likely that a woman will be killed.17 Research has shown keeping guns from domestic abusers is an effective way to reduce intimate partner homicides.18 But the NRA has repeatedly opposed state legislation aimed at ensuring that prohibited domestic abusers do not have access to guns. This year alone, the NRA has opposed legislation in Arkansas, Missouri, and Utah that would keep guns from violent abusers.

people are missing a HUGE point with the walkouts...

most dont want to get rid of guns completely...they want sensible gun laws and a ban on firearms like the AR-15.

"dey want to ban mah gunz" - capn murca

no the vast majority do not.

if im wrong then show me a legit poll that says otherwise.

You literally just said you want to ban AR15s you stupid fuck

I’m for gun control...I’m a gun owner. I think the answer to the gun problem sounds to be somewhere in the middle..

It's only the NRA right (and left dummies like Killer Mike) who enforce this false dichotomy between regulating firearms and supporting the right to own firearms.

It's like saying people who supported the 65 MPH speed limit were opposed to car ownership. Just laughably retarded. But it's all the NRA right has left in their desolate tool kit.

So a black guy is in favor of free handouts and easy access to guns?
Just kidding. Not really surprising I don't consider Bernie in the anti-gun camp anyway.

Guns will never be banned, period. All i hear is slippery slope fallacies from certain posters
Ok, lets say you get to implement whatever restrictions that are currently on the table. No AR15's. No magazines over 10rds. No removable magazines, rifle age restriction of 21 and over. No handgun magazine capacity over 10rds. Forced turn / Buy Back of all firearms that currently don't meet that criteria, Ammunition purchasing / ownership limits.

What is your next step if firearm related crimes don't significantly diminish or even increase? School shootings still occur? Firearm related deaths due to crime aren't significantly diminished or even increase?

What is the next step, the next solution?

"There was something that the woman who is the NRA spokesperson [Dana Loesch] said and everybody just kinda lost it… Dana says that the tears of white mothers are like ratings. And that's so true and it was so sad to hear her acknowledge it, but it's true, and black people know it's true," Killer Mike said, adding of the black community, "You're not woke! You can’t continue to be the lackey."

Killer Mike also relayed an anecdote where a fellow musician was being pressured to do an anti-gun campaign and called upon the rapper to handle the situation through discourse.
"Very simply: I'm African-American. You know, 54 years out of apartheid. I'm very pro-Second Amendment, this is why," the rapper said. "And before you say 'What about the children,' my daughter goes to Savannah State University. There was also a shooting on that campus. Talked to my wife and daughter after that, the decision was we're gonna go to Savannah, she's gonna get a gun and train more."
This is a point I've made before on mass shootings and I'm glad to hear an African American public figure make the point. I really don't think its a coincidence that these events tend to affect white people more than average shootings and also receive a public outcry. Now, that's not the only reason of course, its also the scale of the events and its worth it to point out that the Roof massacre got media attention to despite the victims being black. But I do think Killer Mike is onto to something here.

I also like the reference to Jim Crow. I often reference it in the context of the tyrannical government argument relating to the 2nd amendment and it shows that blacks arguably have more need of the 2nd amendment than whites.

Being left isn't edgy anymore. Expect more rebels in the entertainment industry to lean right.

Meh.. I don't care what 'celebs' have to say about this stuff tbh

What keeps some black folks in jail is committing crimes. But keep blaming everything but individual decision making. Makes you sound like a whiny, irresponsible child. Zero accountability, zero discipline. Zero ownership of self. What lessons are you going to teach your children? That if you end up in jail it’s everyone else’s fault?

It's not easy to put someone in prison. I've seen soooo many guys with mile long "rap sheets" still on the streets. The lack of victim and witness cooperation regarding "black on black" crimes actually ends up in an underrepresented prison population relative to crimes committed.

One also needs demonstrable evidence to incarcerate someone.

Incarceration rates accurately reflect crime reporting rates per victim/witnesses.

Hell, St Louis is having a massive issue with their Circuit Attorney dropping cases left and right for part 1 crimes.

You literally just said you want to ban AR15s you stupid fuck
AR-15's is not all firearms.

if certain animals are banned from the country as pets that doesnt mean all pets are banned.

"stupid fuck"

Being left isn't edgy anymore. Expect more rebels in the entertainment industry to lean right.

I wouldn't go that far, but you can bet your ass nobody on the smug left even thought about gun control being a race issue.

It's like when I see Christianity being slammed, and associated with racism. It's like, you do know that black people in America have a pretty high Christian demographic, right?

That smug, self assured mentality will always be a thorn in the side of lefties.

I wouldn't go that far, but you can bet your ass nobody on the smug left even thought about gun control being a race issue.

It's like when I see Christianity being slammed, and associated with racism. It's like, you do know that black people in America have a pretty high Christian demographic, right?

That smug, self assured mentality will always be a thorn in the side of lefties.

The far left is just bat shit crazy anymore. Not liberals, but leftists.

That is because the reason you give for wanting gun control won't be fixed by your gun control measures, which will lead to more gun control.

I don't even think that is a slippery slope argument, I think that is a statement of pure logic.

Anyone who knows anything about the history of gun control in this country knows it was used almost exclusively to disarm freed blacks, and now much of it serves to keep black folks in prison. There are countless thousand of black men currently in a cell because they dared to own self-protection after getting out of the pin.
I'll agree in that gun control has its roots firmly embedded in discrimination.

Back