Rapper and Bernie Sanders Supporter Killer Mike Defends Gun Ownership in NRATV Interview

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Killer Mike defended the Second Amendment and gun ownership and criticized National Walkout Day and anti-bullying campaigns in an NRATV interview.

Killer Mike defended gun ownership and criticized National Walkout Day and anti-bullying campaigns in a new interview with NRATV.

Although the Run the Jewels rapper usually sides with progressive issues – he aligned with Bernie Sanders in 2016 – Killer Mike took a surprising stand on the subject of the Second Amendment in the interview with host Colion Noir (via Pitchfork).

"I told my kids on the school walkout: ‘I love you. If you walk out that school, walk out my house,'" the rapper said of National Walkout Day. "We are a gun-owning family. We are a family where my sister farms. We are a family where we'll fish, we'll hunt. But we are not a family that jumps on every single thing an ally of ours does because some stuff we just don't agree with."

As hundreds of thousands of people took to the streets Saturday for March for Our Lives, the rapper stated that he didn't agree with the anti-gun protests or the need for stricter gun control laws.

"There was something that the woman who is the NRA spokesperson [Dana Loesch] said and everybody just kinda lost it… Dana says that the tears of white mothers are like ratings. And that's so true and it was so sad to hear her acknowledge it, but it's true, and black people know it's true," Killer Mike said, adding of the black community, "You're not woke! You can’t continue to be the lackey."

Killer Mike also relayed an anecdote where a fellow musician was being pressured to do an anti-gun campaign and called upon the rapper to handle the situation through discourse.

"Very simply: I'm African-American. You know, 54 years out of apartheid. I'm very pro-Second Amendment, this is why," the rapper said. "And before you say 'What about the children,' my daughter goes to Savannah State University. There was also a shooting on that campus. Talked to my wife and daughter after that, the decision was we're gonna go to Savannah, she's gonna get a gun and train more."

Killer Mike's Run the Jewels partner El-P offered an opposing viewpoint on Twitter, criticizing Noir for suggesting that no one would know the names of the protesting Marjory Stoneman Douglas students if their classmates hadn't died.

"They didn't want to be known they wanted to be kids. and they've earned being heard in one of the hardest ways possible. no matter what you believe we all have to listen in a real way. its owed to them and many others. thats my take on it," El-P tweeted.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/run-jewels-apos-killer-mike-210940921.html

Last edited:
YifevOC.gif

Vermont is ranked 3rd in gun ownership.

I was listening to Run the Jewels earlier today. I love Killer Mike, but strongly disagree with him here.

I was listening to Run the Jewels earlier today. I love Killer Mike, but strongly disagree with him here.

Why is the left only outraged by the big foot ways to die in the US?

White cop killing you
AR-15 killing you

Blacks 19 x more likely to die by gun violence than whites and by hand guns

Less than 16 unarmed blacks a year die from cops.

Should you protest? Sure more power to you...but stop finding white people in every issue and act like these r the core issues of this country

The third most common way to die in this country is by your doctor. Why is the left only outraged by the big foot ways to die in the US?

White cop killing you
AR-15 killing you

Blacks 19 x more likely to die by gun violence than whites and by hand guns

Less than 16 unarmed blacks a year die from cops.

Should you protest? Sure more power to you...but stop finding white people in every issue and act like these r the core issues of this country
You may want to reread my post.

Am I wrong in believing “Run the jewels” would be about robbing someone for their jewelry?

Scrub The Tools supports the second amendment. My bud @SOLID JUAN might enjoy this bit of news

I do not know this person, but I applaud his upstream approach.

And, that was actually a pretty good read. Thanks TS

I find it amazing how the media is so supportive about taking away a civil right.

Killer Mike is black from ATL, of course he supports guns. Is this a surprise????

Say what you will, but NRA TV is making an impact. They ain't fuckin' around.

Never knew they even had a network, before John Oliver gave them the time of day. Now I'm seeing all sorts of shit from them, and forums using them as a catalyst for discussion.

Last edited:
Anyone who knows anything about the history of gun control in this country knows it was used almost exclusively to disarm freed blacks, and now much of it serves to keep black folks in prison. There are countless thousand of black men currently in a cell because they dared to own self-protection after getting out of the pin.

Anyone who knows anything about the history of gun control in this country knows it was used almost exclusively to disarm freed blacks, and now much of it serves to keep black folks in prison. There are countless thousand of black men currently in a cell because they dared to own self-protection after getting out of the pin.
Felons can't buy guns. It's not a racial law.

Felons can't buy guns. It's not a racial law.

Duh.

Urban blacks are disproportionately policed (read: arrested and prosecuted disproportionate to their actual rate of criminality compared to that of whites), are impoverished and commit more crime, and then are openly targeted by federal authorities with hopes of finding them with firearm protection so they can be locked away for decades, even if their initial crime was nonviolent and had no relation to firearms.

Back