Rant on the BMF belt

I dont care about the belt gimmick, for Justin and Dustin will lose brain cells and more years of life after the carnage they will leave in the cage and that is the prize for the fans

Low key wish Gilbert Burns was in the mix. He and Dos Anjos are true BMFs

I agree. There should be some sort of open weight tournament to determine the winner. The UFC could run a fan vote to pick one fighter (non champ) from each division and have a drawing for the matchups or do it in weight order. Something like:

Figgy (no one from this div is BMF worthy)
Cejudo
Max
Gaethje/Chandler
Burns
Costa
Jan
Tai
Alternate - Nunes (LMAO)

Figgy vs Cejudo
Max vs Gaethje/Chandler
Burns vs Costa
Jan vs Tai

So the goof is reintroducing the BMF belt for the Justin Dustin fight, basically to get away with putting on a numbered event without a belt or interim belt on the line. It's a painfully obvious move and (again) very short term thinking. What is the value of the belt? Is it a pseudo-interim belt? Why do they get to fight for it and not Oliveira - Dariush, or anyone else in any other division for that matter? If it is an actual prize, shouldn't everyone get a chance to work their way to the belt? If Benny wins and doesn't have this make believe belt, will he still het his shot?

This whole thing reeks of desperation and cheap commercial 'strategy' where the goof diminishes the value of the actual belt and the no1 contender fight which (one hopes) is Olive-Ben.

EDIT: To add, of course Mas lost his 'Belt' to Usman twice, Colby and Giblert as well. Leon has the lineal belt, but I'm already taking it more serious than it deserves.
What if you found out that gimmicks and pageantry like a fake BMF belt increased PPV sales by 50%?

And if casuals are that basic, and they are your peers, then what does that say about you?

I know, it's too early for this shit. But it might be time for you to take a fresh at this entire thing.

OR...you accept that these gimmicks are meant to pull in the casuals, and choose not to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

TLDR: yes, it's a gimmick. But why are you surprised?

Last edited:
UFC is becoming more and more like WWE

Few years ago Dana said the BMF belt was a one time thing, as it shoud've been yet here we are. Add this to the long list of Dana White lies.
Most people take it for granted that a fight promoter is untruthful.

So the goof is reintroducing the BMF belt for the Justin Dustin fight, basically to get away with putting on a numbered event without a belt or interim belt on the line. It's a painfully obvious move and (again) very short term thinking. What is the value of the belt? Is it a pseudo-interim belt? Why do they get to fight for it and not Oliveira - Dariush, or anyone else in any other division for that matter? If it is an actual prize, shouldn't everyone get a chance to work their way to the belt? If Benny wins and doesn't have this make believe belt, will he still het his shot?

This whole thing reeks of desperation and cheap commercial 'strategy' where the goof diminishes the value of the actual belt and the no1 contender fight which (one hopes) is Olive-Ben.

EDIT: To add, of course Mas lost his 'Belt' to Usman twice, Colby and Giblert as well. Leon has the lineal belt, but I'm already taking it more serious than it deserves.
Yeah the bmf thing is really cringe. Especially having an anabolic steroid syringe called "the rock" introducing it.

It is an absolutely laughable concept and belt. Diminishes the legitimacy of the sport and org. But...Justin/Dustin was one of the best wars in LW history..so I won't complain too much about the fake belt being brought back for the rematch. If anyone deserves it it's Gaethje

Yeah the bmf thing is really cringe. Especially having an anabolic steroid syringe called "the rock" introducing it.

Damn. I forgot about that. Wish you didn't remind me...easily the corniest part of this whole BMF thing

To be fair, neither Dariush or Olivera qualify as a baddest motherfucker. Olivera was known to quit in fights. And Dariush is just too nice of a guy.

This is the fucking WWE era of UFC guy, get used to it.

I'm sure I'll enjoy the rematch immensely. Bringing back a "BMF belt" doesn't add or take away anything from that enjoyment though. Putting a red jacket on the line would have been a much better idea.
71FDjXhxCAL._AC_UX569_.jpg

good thing about it is it can bait them into brawling, i don't want to see patient and stick to gameplan gaethje

I can't believe it was ever, and is still now, a thing of any kind.

the rock putting the belt on. Fucking Jorge pretending to be Tony Montana with that awful suit.

Nate's fake gang banger persona (c'mon. we all know he ain't actually about dat life) and just the rock... at all ..

All of it is cringier that your kid getting the lead and pissing themselves at a school play

And they doubled down on it. So badly out of touch that I almost expect someone to say "rad", or call Weed "pot"

It's a gimmick. Trying to analyze it as if it's something legitimate is almost stupider than the gimmick itself.

It's pretty easy for me to just ignore it. What I'm excited about is that we get a 5-round war between Dustin and Justin. Their first fight was about as entertaining as fights get. And it's not like this is just some sloppy brawl between two over the hill fighters like some people are claiming.... Both Dustin and Justin are still elite LW's and have proven so for many years, including recently. The winner absolutely deserves another shot at the belt (although not before Dariush if he gets by Oliveira).

How are they clogging up the rankings? Don't talk about rank squatting because the young guns had their chance to shine against the stalwarts in the division and blew it.
By "young guns" do you mean "one young gun named Dan Hooker and nobody else"?

I really don’t understand the BMF belt.
Which weight class does it belong to?
How can the BMF on earth have a loss in their record?
Can a female fighter be a BMF?
Was it created just for Nate Diaz to win?
Does the fact that he didn’t make it even more ridiculous?

Back