Do people actually think the BMF belt is real?

TS argues that the BMF belt is "fake irrelevant belt" and can't be taken seriously, yet he also argues that certain fighters don't meet his criteria for the belt. Nothing to see here, folks.

All belts and rankings don't mean squat anymore. They're used as leverage by the UFC in negotiations and to give off the impression that there is structure to the sport. Every fight has the same dynamic, 2 combatants fighting. All the other shit they slap on it is marketing.

Does it really matter? The UFC has cheapened it's belts so much with unearned title shots, champs fucking contenders or just outright not defending (Conor) and rampant interim belts that really the existence of a BMF belt doesn't really do anything else to further cheapen them.

its basically an excuse to make a really good fight.
the belt itself doesnt mean anything.

yes, this is the right idea. ideally fight-til-finish is how this should work.

the BMF belt was lame out of the gate because Jorge only won by doctor stoppage, not by finish. if that isnt a bad omen i dont know what is.

That fact that George was first to "win" that stupid thing should have been enough for any self respecting fighter to not want anything to do with it.

People believe all kinds of stupid shit, so yes I do believe there are people who think it’s real.

this-real.gif

When a guy has islam in his username, you already know the thread will stink

It's a way to discourage grappling and openly admitting that most UFC fans are cavemen who just want to appease the just bleed gods.

The title simply exists as a trophy for a couple fan favorites that aren't getting a title, I don't mind it, as long as we're getting big fights out of it.

The title itself doesn't matter, but it does mean they put together another fight between pretty good brawlers. Not sure how making one of the top strikers in the division panic wrestle and LNP over a decade ago would disqualify Max. If anything, making Conor shoot for TDs 5 times and hold top without any GNP or sub attempts should make Max more qualified.

What a dorky thread.

It keeps me up at night too.... Atoms are mostly empty space, BMF belt is just an object that would pass through the fighter wearing it, if it wasn’t for the force of attraction between the fighter and the belt, strong enough to convince them that they actually exist in there present form.
*their

Back