Rant about the women in my Office

Chesten_Hesten

Greatness isn't Stoked by Compliments.
@Gold
Reaction score
We have these women in the office, they sit around and think up all this nice shit we should do.

Example: Its so & so's birthday tomorrow, lets all pitchin and buy them and shit cake and a cheap gift. Everyone pitch in $10.

Oh so and So's mother's brother's friend passed away lets send flower from all of us at the office, everyone pitch in $10

Oh, I'm going to bring Lasanga next week, everyone be sure and bring something!

then they try to tell people what they should bring!

Every other week this shit happens.

I'm sick of it. If someone in the office wants to be nice and do something charitable fine, but they have no right to constantly insist that everyone else be in on it.

The last time the women brought that shit up in a meeting I said, "Hey, why don't we just come to work for a change and work and then go home, how bout that?"

Course I'm the office asshole.

Its only the women that constantly think up this pain in the ass stuff.

Its not kind, its annoying as hell. They try to put a stigma on anyone that doesn't go alone with their goodie two shoes shit.

Anyone else have this kinda stuff in their office?

I am fortunate enough to work with mostly men, so instead of dealing with catty bullshit I'm stuck telling guys to get the fuck off the internet all night and prevent them from getting into fist fights or dropping things on and killing themselves because they are idiots.

Not sure if it's better or worse actually...

Your problem is that your a woman yourself because you work at an office.

#electrician#constructionworker
#fuckmylife

Blue collar crew checking in...

I organize the food events here with these dirtbags

Soup club, burrito club, donut club etc.... you're either IN or you're OUT I don't want to hear excuses why you can't or hear any questions you're either IN or you're OUT

Usually If It is someone's birthday here I will buy them lunch but i never insist on others pitching in

Potlucks, pasta day, carnitas galore, all you can eat tacos etc.....

When it comes to food, tell them you are on a diet. When it comes to pitching in for something you don't care to, tell them you already did or will do something else, or simply change the subject with something funny and walk away. Humor can help defused awkward situations like this.

We have these women in the office, they sit around and think up all this nice shit we should do.

Example: Its so & so's birthday tomorrow, lets all pitchin and buy them and shit cake and a cheap gift. Everyone pitch in $10.

Oh so and So's mother's brother's friend passed away lets send flower from all of us at the office, everyone pitch in $10

Oh, I'm going to bring Lasanga next week, everyone be sure and bring something!

then they try to tell people what they should bring!

Every other week this shit happens.

I'm sick of it. If someone in the office wants to be nice and do something charitable fine, but they have no right to constantly insist that everyone else be in on it.

The last time the women brought that shit up in a meeting I said, "Hey, why don't we just come to work for a change and work and then go home, how bout that?"

Course I'm the office asshole.

Its only the women that constantly think up this pain in the ass stuff.

Its not kind, its annoying as hell. They try to put a stigma on anyone that doesn't go alone with their goodie two shoes shit.

Anyone else have this kinda stuff in their office?
Cool story Dwight

btw stop telling people you're the "Assistant Regional Manager". You're the assistant to the Regional Manager and there's a huge difference between the two titles

Nope. I work with mainly guys. We spend a lot of time out alone and will normally spend a hour together for lunch. Rest of the time we work separately. And the guys you see often change on a day to day basis as we work shifts.

lmao @ complaining about chipping in $10. Must suck to be this poor.

Only time we get asked to chip in pocket a few generous, is if someone's leaving. I don't pay then either btw.

I had to leave that office shit about 15 years ago. The constant having to conform to others expectations was just too much.

I gotta be myself.

126883a76770e41e21163c6d7be96e4f.jpg

Everytime they voluntell you to bring something, demand a printed sign-up sheet be put on the breakroom door. Your excuse will be need these events to be better organized so you can tell them apart or you'll get them mixed up.

This will

1) slow their "suggestions" down by making it a little more tiresome to start one
2) make it clear that only people who are signing up are going to be participating

When it comes to food i tell them I'll bring Jack n the Box tacos, but only 2!

I tell them my wives dont allow me to give money to other women!

Once I bought an entire Kenny & Ziggy's Chocolate Mousse Cheese Cake to the office.
Thing cost $115

The Women descended upon it like wild beasts.

I didn't ask then to pitch in.

I bring this up too, which also re-enforces my status as the office A-hole.

I think when I turn 50 it'll be old enough not to have to bother even saying no anymore.

83IMG_5482.jpg

Last edited:
Another day at your local customer service call center....

Can't you just say you dont have cash? That's what I do.

Anyway try being the a/c guy for about 30 offices full of menopausal women.

I work in an office, we do these things too, along with the department adopting a family for Christmas and all that. It just is what it is, honestly what does it come out to? $100-$150 a year on the high end? It shows you're not a grinch and "are part of the team". A small price to pay for staying off the "pettiness radar" of bs office politics.

Embrace your asshole status and just say no. Do it enough times and they'll leave you alone.
You don't even need to be a dick about it, just explain that you're not doing it because it's not from your heart and therefore without meaning.

Last edited:
Back