Rant about the women in my Office

Office full of women for me.

I just keep it simple.
"Absolutely not."

If they require rationale I tell them that one day I'm going to have to put my sisters through college, so i can't afford to "eat well" or "celebrate" or have "Christmas". And somehow I don't end up the asshole.

Do these women have other tasks or responsibilities the company hired them for, or are they there for affirmative action quotas?

We have these women in the office, they sit around and think up all this nice shit we should do.

Example: Its so & so's birthday tomorrow, lets all pitchin and buy them and shit cake and a cheap gift. Everyone pitch in $10.

Oh so and So's mother's brother's friend passed away lets send flower from all of us at the office, everyone pitch in $10

Oh, I'm going to bring Lasanga next week, everyone be sure and bring something!

then they try to tell people what they should bring!

Every other week this shit happens.

I'm sick of it. If someone in the office wants to be nice and do something charitable fine, but they have no right to constantly insist that everyone else be in on it.

The last time the women brought that shit up in a meeting I said, "Hey, why don't we just come to work for a change and work and then go home, how bout that?"

Course I'm the office asshole.

Its only the women that constantly think up this pain in the ass stuff.

Its not kind, its annoying as hell. They try to put a stigma on anyone that doesn't go alone with their goodie two shoes shit.

Anyone else have this kinda stuff in their office?
you need to change your perspective, my homie
tumblr_o1flnlHD3D1r60r8vo1_400.gif

look at it from their point of view for a minute. hm um, see? makes sense now, don't it?

Sounds like a bunch of fat bitches that sit around eating all day and want to pull you into their disgusting lifestyle.

Do these women have other tasks or responsibilities the company hired them for, or are they there for affirmative action quotas?

Hard to say. The boss is a woman so she's always in on it.

It started out as a few nice gestures now its become social expectation with pressure to conform. That's what i dont like. Kindness isnt kindness when it's coerced.

Only women get bent out shape about it too. In their nature to pile expectation on frivolous stuff. Like when you wife buys an awful shirt, you gotta wear now cause that's easier than the reprocussions of rejecting it.

Stick to your guns! Just let it be known you don't want shit from anyone.

So much sex to be had at that office and were talking cake?
Lets talk which ones ass needs a face in it

I had to leave that office shit about 15 years ago. The constant having to conform to others expectations was just too much.

I gotta be myself.

126883a76770e41e21163c6d7be96e4f.jpg
Very impressive

So much sex to be had at that office and were talking cake?
Lets talk which ones ass needs a face in it
"these" type of women seem the type to appreciate romance, not office fun :(

I had to leave that office shit about 15 years ago. The constant having to conform to others expectations was just too much.

I gotta be myself.

126883a76770e41e21163c6d7be96e4f.jpg

I love that story from the Lemmy documentary with Anthrax. "What? Those aren't shorts, they're pants. These are shorts..."

I can’t say I’m surprised that you’ve got women trying to separate you from your money.

We’ve got a gaggle old birds in my office that try things similar, but it’s only via e-mail. They don’t approach me in person.

Bunch of 30-years-past-their-prime bat-winged hens that have nothing better to do with their time...

We have these women in the office, they sit around and think up all this nice shit we should do.

Example: Its so & so's birthday tomorrow, lets all pitchin and buy them and shit cake and a cheap gift. Everyone pitch in $10.

Oh so and So's mother's brother's friend passed away lets send flower from all of us at the office, everyone pitch in $10

I'm sick of it. If someone in the office wants to be nice and do something charitable fine, but they have no right to constantly insist that everyone else be in on it.

The last time the women brought that shit up in a meeting I said, "Hey, why don't we just come to work for a change and work and then go home, how bout that?"

Its not kind, its annoying as hell. They try to put a stigma on anyone that doesn't go alone with their goodie two shoes shit.

How about the card that comes around every day for So and So's birthday or company anniversary?

Once upon a time.....

The secretary in my department says "here, sign this for Yvonne", and hands me a card for a 1-year anniversary. I'm one of the first ones to get it, so I can't really gauge the other comments and whatnot.

Yvonne is the company secretary, and often asks for my help with "tall shit". Can you get this thing down from that shelf? Can you change that light bulb out with the ladder? etc

One of the times, to break the silence, I made a joke about the old NBA commercials for 1-800-TALL-MEN. I explained that it was during their longest lockout, in the 90s, when they made commercials about what NBA players were doing to earn a living. Changing light bulbs, cleaning rain gutters, getting cats out of trees, etc.

So I write on her anniversary card "1-800-TALL-MEN (For your consideration), {my name}", and pass the card on. Turns out Yvonne wanted us to sign the card, but it was for another woman named Fiona, and our idiot secretary just said "sign this for Yvonne".

So I wrote "1-800-TALL-MEN" on a random woman's card and signed it.

<{hfved}>

Last edited:

At least it's not a total sausage fest at your work.

Embrace your asshole status and just say no. Do it enough times and they'll leave you alone.
You don't even need to be a dick about it, just explain that you're not doing it because it's not from your heart and therefore without meaning.
Yeah they won't even be mad and will bring you goodies once in a while .

dude im with you 100% on that office bullshit but i love cake and lasagna

You're a curmudgeon

Your spelling can benefit from some extra attention

Back