Ranking The Most Powerful Avengers In The MCU

You can't include comics because scarlett witch wins easily.

If you're just looking at what's been shown in movies, then I'd have to rank Dr Strange as number 1 and Iron Man as number 2.

Strange could trap anyone in a time loop, and Tony could outsmart the hulk and find a way to defeat him. Thor's mentally weak. In Ragnarok he literally forgot that he had lightning powers, and when he father reminded him of it, he started kicking arse again.

So I'd go

1. Strange
2. Stark
3. Hulk
4. Cap - tactical genius, can also inspire an army to back him in his fight against you
5. Thor

6. Vision
7. Quicksilver
8. Scarlett Witch
9. Black Panther
10. Spider Man
11. Winter Soldier
12. Ant-Man
13. Hawkeye
14. Widow
15. War Machine
16. Falcon

So I'd go

1. Strange
2. Stark
3. Hulk
4. Cap - tactical genius, can also inspire an army to back him in his fight against you
5. Thor

------

<Dylan>
Wut?

<LikeReally5>
C'mon man

<{clintugh}>
Thats ridiculous

<Huh2>
I mean I can't even...

<{katwhu}>
this is some crazy shit

<{MindBrown}>
You are blowing my mind here

:rustled:

You are making me nerd rage

<{outtahere}>
aww dog you are fucking with us aren't you.

So I'd go

1. Strange
2. Stark
3. Hulk
5. Thor

------

<Dylan>
Wut?

<LikeReally5>
C'mon man

<{clintugh}>
Thats ridiculous

<Huh2>
I mean I can't even...

<{katwhu}>
this is some crazy shit

<{MindBrown}>
You are blowing my mind here

:rustled:

You are making me nerd rage

<{outtahere}>
aww dog you are fucking with us aren't you.

Maybe you missed the part above where I explained why Thor is ranked so low. He's an idiot. The hulk's not smart either, but at least he kind of knows he's a mindless monster, and so he adapts by being extremely distrustful of others, lest he be tricked into something. Thor is just as dumb as the hulk, but he's not aware of it. Which makes it a MUCH bigger weakness IMO. It means that his arrogance will lead him into traps and other bad situations. Cap is a master of exploiting your weaknesses in a fight. Also, since Cap is the perfect leader, he'll probably always have a team with him of guys stronger than him, i.e. Hulk, Tony, Vision, etc. If Thor fought Cap, them dudes ain't gonna be on Thor's side, that's for sure.

Maybe you missed the part above where I explained why Thor is ranked so low. He's an idiot. The hulk's not smart either, but at least he kind of knows he's a mindless monster, and so he adapts by being extremely distrustful of others, lest he be tricked into something. Thor is just as dumb as the hulk, but he's not aware of it. Which makes it a MUCH bigger weakness IMO. It means that his arrogance will lead him into traps and other bad situations. Cap is a master of exploiting your weaknesses in a fight. Also, since Cap is the perfect leader, he'll probably always have a team with him of guys stronger than him, i.e. Hulk, Tony, Vision, etc. If Thor fought Cap, them dudes ain't gonna be on Thor's side, that's for sure.
Sure but how does Cap beat him? Block his hammer with his Shield and then KO him?

Sorry but even though I love Cap there is no way possible to rank him above Thor. Watch Cap struggling to fight with two to three of the alien creatures in IW and watch Thor clearing the field by the hundred.

Confused by Scarlett Witch at #2 as so many seem to be ranking her so high.

What are her feats in the MCU that would make you rank her so high?

I mean she seemed much stronger in IW than in prior films and the main feat I saw was picking up people and throwing them into dangerous objects but am i missing something more?
In the comics she can warp reality, including just wishing people out of existence.

And unless you spot Cap help from others or some crazy tech, thor would beat his ass .

Confused by Scarlett Witch at #2 as so many seem to be ranking her so high.

What are her feats in the MCU that would make you rank her so high?

I mean she seemed much stronger in IW than in prior films and the main feat I saw was picking up people and throwing them into dangerous objects but am i missing something more?
In the MCU, her Psionic and Telekenetic abilities seeming have no limits, add to that her telepathy and mind manipulation(which she used to debilitate all the Avengers in Age of Ultron), there is no one on that list, except Stormbreaker Thor and maybe Dr. Strange, that I would give a chance against her.

Her biggest problem is that she can't stop crying and being depressed 90% of the time. But when she does, she is nearly an unstoppable force.

The only way the Avengers could stop her was by recruiting her. The only "bad guys" that have been able to match her in anyway are those that either have an enchanted weapon, an infinity stone, or have her destracted(mortally injuring Vision). Anytime she has been properly motivated and focused, she has easily dispatched of anyone in front of her.

In the comics she can warp reality, including just wishing people out of existence.
There is a key word in what you say there that does not apply to the MCU which is what we are supposed to be ranking.

I’m positive Thor will get Mjolnir back and it’ll be more powerful than ever before and >stormbreaker. That weapon is too synonymous with Thor for him to not have it for too long. Maybe not the next movie or the next but eventually.

In the MCU, her Psionic and Telekenetic abilities seeming have no limits,
Give me some scenes where you have seen any of that?

I have seen her do blasting type powers that don't do a ton of damage. And levitating people into stuff strategically that harms them but I have missed what you say. Please provide the feats? Something like Thor wiping out a battle field would be good.

add to that her telepathy and mind manipulation(which she used to debilitate all the Avengers in Age of Ultron), there is no one on that list, except Stormbreaker Thor and maybe Dr. Strange, that I would give a chance against her.
Her mind manipulation power is interesting but so far seems more distracting than disabling. At least based on feats when she used it to distract the Avengers. But when she was actually fighting them it was not a top level power such that they had no chance but again detail the feats as I may have missed something.

Her biggest problem is that she can't stop crying and being depressed 90% of the time. But when she does, she is nearly an unstoppable force
Where? When? Feats please?

The only way the Avengers could stop her was by recruiting her. The only "bad guys" that have been able to match her in anyway are those that either have an enchanted weapon, an infinity stone, or have her destracted(mortally injuring Vision). Anytime she has been properly motivated and focused, she has easily dispatched of anyone in front of her.
Feats please?

I have seen her fighting all sorts of Avengers and all sorts of bad guys and aliens and it is not like she just walks thru them. She is always in a fight. So I hate to say it again but specific feats please.

Sure but how does Cap beat him? Block his hammer with his Shield and then KO him?

Sorry but even though I love Cap there is no way possible to rank him above Thor. Watch Cap struggling to fight with two to three of the alien creatures in IW and watch Thor clearing the field by the hundred.
Thor also matched Hulk in Avengers and bested him in Ragnorak. On both occasions he was weaponless and holding back. So, logically you can't put him below Hulk.

Thor also matched Hulk in Avengers and bested him in Ragnorak. On both occasions he was weaponless and holding back. So, logically you can't put him below Hulk.
I put Thor above Hulk now that Thor is starting to unlock his full powers.

There is a key word in what you say there that does not apply to the MCU which is what we are supposed to be ranking.
I know but people have been mixing and matching throughout the thread. People putting her at the top are going off of the House of M story arc where she went god level. I agree going by MCU only she is not there.

MCU only it HAS to be thor. The only one that came close to stopping Thanos. He did more damage to him by himself than two separate teams could do.

Give me some scenes where you have seen any of that?

I have seen her do blasting type powers that don't do a ton of damage. And levitating people into stuff strategically that harms them but I have missed what you say. Please provide the feats? Something like Thor wiping out a battle field would be good.

Her mind manipulation power is interesting but so far seems more distracting than disabling. At least based on feats when she used it to distract the Avengers. But when she was actually fighting them it was not a top level power such that they had no chance but again detail the feats as I may have missed something.

Where? When? Feats please?

Feats please?

I have seen her fighting all sorts of Avengers and all sorts of bad guys and aliens and it is not like she just walks thru them. She is always in a fight. So I hate to say it again but specific feats please.
Yeah that's all comic feats again, for the most part.

Thor could just take a nap as Cap kills himself by exhaustion while attacking Thor with everything he can think of. His best chance of beating Thor is trying to turn the rest of the Avengers against the god of Thunder. MCU Cap is cool, but at the end of the day he's just an Olympic level athlete with a frisbee.

Remember kids, if you put the worlds smartest chicken in a cage with the worlds dumbest lion the lion will inevitably end up farting feathers.

I know but people have been mixing and matching throughout the thread. People putting her at the top are going off of the House of M story arc where she went god level. I agree going by MCU only she is not there.

MCU only it HAS to be thor. The only one that came close to stopping Thanos. He did more damage to him by himself than two separate teams could do.
If we are going by their best comic book feats in every form then even Hawkeye needs a serious upgrade. Most hero's have had power amp ups in certain story lines. Captain America and Jane Foster have wielded Thor's hammer so they need to be ranked up with Thor.

But the TS has been very clear we are not doing that.

(not ranting at you as I know you know that)

Remember kids, if you put the worlds smartest chicken in a cage with the worlds dumbest lion the lion will inevitably end up farting feathers.
Jesus, that lion needs a stomach doctor immediately.

If we are going by their best comic book feats in every form then even Hawkeye needs a serious upgrade. Most hero's have had power amp ups in certain story lines. Captain America and Jane Foster have wielded Thor's hammer so they need to be ranked up with Thor.

But the TS has been very clear we are not doing that.

(not ranting at you as I know you know that)
Yeah I was talking to someone earlier and they were mixing comic and MCU feats and I was like uuuhhh.... what are the rules here. Street level guys like Hawkeye and Falcon are bottom tier in the MCU. Unlike their comic counterparts, they haven't had decades of subtle buffs to the point that they're basically superhuman. Hawkeye in the comics today >>>>>>>> silver age Hawkeye for example.

I need to go look at the op again because there are a lot of characters, then I'll make a list.

1. Thor: Most raw power and highest physical stats by far
2. Dr. Strange: High level magic, multiple powerful artifacts
3. Vision: Very powerful, fights like a tard to advance the plot in the movies. Much like in the comics, he would solve problems single handedly if allowed to use his full powers.
4. Iron Man: Incredibly OP, could solo most of the others
5.Hulk: Thus far, MCU hulk is far weaker than comic Hulk.

6. War Machine: Iron Man, but with a regular dude in the suit instead of a genius.
7.Quicksilver: Super speed is one of the most op powers. Only people with high durability should realistically have any chance against a speedster
8. Black Panther: Captain America in an OP super powered suit. The king of the street level guys
9. Captain America: Hits hard enough to put most people on this list down. A WAY better fighter than most on this list.
10. Spider-Man. If this was the comic version he would be higher, but he's still a young dumb kid that doesn't fight to kill/

11.Scarlet Witch: Her main power in the MCU seems to be purple explosions. While fairly powerful, that isn't enough by itself to get it done against the people ranked above her
12. Winter Soldier: A slight cap downgrade, but the metal arm is nowhere near as good of a weapon as Cap's shield, and that really hurts him here.
13. Ant Man: His powers are kind of meh in a fight. Tiny mode will let him evade, sure. Giant mode doesn't seem to pack the raw power to put the guys ranked above him down fast enough. All of them are more durable or have more raw power.
14. Falcon: He can fly, and he has guns and explosives. Not amazing, but far better than the following people.

15. Hawkeye: He can shoot arrows and guns. Yaaay? Without the extra powers comic hawkeye has attained over the years, he really shouldn't be able to do much.
16. Black Widow: Bottom of the barrel folks. She's skilled in h2h, has guns, and loves hitting hurricanranas on people. That's about it.

Back