Banned
Banned
Reaction score
1. Conan
2. Letterman
3. Leno
4. Fallon
5. Kimmel

Conan is the best IMO. Letterman was kind of tame, Leno was very good but always a notch below Letterman I felt. Fallon is the number 2 to Conan today, but he comes off as too fake. Kimmel is rather ordinary.

The only reason I rank Fallon over Kimmel is because Jimmy is rather softly spoken and I feel like he lacks energy that guys like Conan and Fallon bring...

Abet, Fallon's energy is totally phony, I still appreciate that he brings it

Letterman and Conan - those guys had to make people stay awake after the Late Show if they wanted viewers, so they had to be creative. Everyone slips a bit once they end up in the prime slot.

Leno and Kimmel - fine, they don't hurt anything.

Fallon - I'm still a little surprised his show is still running, and that it even survived the first month.

1) Letterman
2) Conan
3) Kimmel
4) Fuck everybody else

for me it goes

1.Ferguson
2.Conan
3.Kimmel
4. fuck everyone else

Kimmel's great. If you need someone to act like a spaz and laugh at all of his own jokes then I guess Fallons your guy

1.Letterman
<gap>
2.Kimmel
3.Conan
<gap>
<gap>
4.Fallon
5.Leno

Lets not split hairs Graham Norton has every one of them beat.

of that list though Letterman was the only one I could ever stand to watch for more than 5 minutes.

Johnny Carson, Leno, Letterman, than Conan.

Fallon and Kimmel blow dick

I like conan but its turned into another 95% trump jokes show. cant watch

graham Norton is cool. like the format

Conan
(admittedly i havent watched it recently,but this show was GOD to me 10 yrs ago)

The rest.

Letterman - He's appearing on Norm's youtube show soon. Am excited for that. Norm was the reason I started watching American talk shows and Letterman is King.

Conan - I love the remotes and stuff, but the actual talk show is awful now. Horrible writers and guests I've never heard of.

Ferguson - The Geoff years were mostly awesome. Someone on yt was uploading old eps in order and they were still entertaining on repeat viewing.

Fallon - I will watch if it's someone I like on. He does get some cool bits to do with big guests.

Kimmel - He can barely form words but I do like him. I like the Mexican guy too.

Colbert - Cunt
Leno - Meh

I never liked Leno but god I hate jimmy Fallon's show. It's super cringing to watch him force celebrities to do shitty games. Embarrassing for all parties involved.

They are people, not circus monkeys. Liam neeson needs to smack the shit out of him.

I miss fergusons show. That dude had some incredible flirt game.

1. Ellen
2. Oprah
3. Fallon
4. Sally Jessie Raphael

I don't watch enough late show TV to give an opinion, but I do like specific things that some of them are known for.

Letterman, Conan, and Ferguson are my top three -- in order of my discovering them. I'd say at the desk Ferguson was simply a virtuoso at off-the-cuff conversation. But I'd never seen him out of the studio and Conan is really good at that as well as doing in-studio shit such as contests, fake stunts, and cooking segments. Letterman was strong in every position. Unbelievably quick at the desk and in the field, great at segments. He got really mean towards the end, but prime Dave is unbeatable even though I'd say Ferguson and Conan might have been a tough stronger at some of their individual strengths.

Leno is only good at monologue. Kimmel is strongest at fan interaction, notably pranks. Fallon's more like Dean Martin -- he's not so much a host as he is a drunk who can sing and dance. He's awful at making his guests look good, but he's part of the generation where celebrity no longer has an air of superiority. Gone are the Carson days.

1. Ellen
2. Oprah
3. Fallon
4. Sally Jessie Raphael
Seems about right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back