Randy Couture on George St. Pierre & UFC situation: Sees parallels to his 2007 dispute

It certainly will not be easy for GSP but he has said he had different language in his contract then others and I am betting that is due to his mega sponsorships with UA and others. Any decent lawyer would make they were protected and baked in to the contract and the UFC would have had no reason, back then to decline it. they would have been happy to see big sponsors stepping up as it takes the pressure off them to pay more.

Will be an interesting fight if it goes to court, but I bet the UFC offers GSP some proper pay fights now and makes some money off him instead of paying that money to lawyers and not making any money in return.

Yeah GSP at 185 wouldn't be the smartest move, but him fighting Bisping would. And yes, Luke Rockhold is overrated imo. No one will ever change my mind on that.
I won't try, for me im not sure . His victory over weidman was impressive. Then he's also had some wins, then he overcommits on a jab and gets KO'd by Bisping ... So I don't know what's going on. Definitely excited to see him vs jacare. One thing that is certain, dude is dumb as a rock. True mimbo.

Can you really compare the two when it comes to star power?

GSP is by far more of an asset than Couture ever was, right? I was never really a big Couture fan or watched a lot in the early 2000's

It might not be this case, but you can be sure as shit someone is going to eventually break the hold on these bullshit contracts. The similarities to the early days of boxing are there for everyone to see, which is why I don't understand how the UFC and more importantly WME continue to deluded themselves that MMA wont follow the same path.
early boxing contracts were lifetime contracts.

It certainly will not be easy for GSP but he has said he had different language in his contract then others and I am betting that is due to his mega sponsorships with UA and others. Any decent lawyer would make they were protected and baked in to the contract and the UFC would have had no reason, back then to decline it. they would have been happy to see big sponsors stepping up as it takes the pressure off them to pay more.

Will be an interesting fight if it goes to court, but I bet the UFC offers GSP some proper pay fights now and makes some money off him instead of paying that money to lawyers and not making any money in return.

Agreed. GSP has the best management team in UFC. And his lawyer on this is a shark in the industry. sure there is some meat on the bone in their contract issues. It's lose/lose for UFC, they take it to court, they spend tons of money, get no return, a lot of bad publicity around fighter contracts, and even if they win GSP doesn't have to fight. He can just stay inactive or retire.

A smoke break for what?? It's the main event ya goof

A championship fight usually is and unfortunately he held the belt captive for quite some time.

Dana won't let him snooze his way back in again though. Thank God. Lol

A championship fight usually is and unfortunately he held the belt captive for quite some time.

Dana won't let him snooze his way back in again though. Thank God. Lol

Yes I'm sure Dana would rather Aldo main event with 180k or Daniel Cormier with 300k.

What was Robbie vs Condit buy rates??

Yes I'm sure Dana would rather Aldo main event with 180k or Daniel Cormier with 300k.

What was Robbie vs Condit buy rates??

If the fiscal well-being of the UFC were as highly dependant on GSP as you make it out to be, Georgie wouldn't be in this current predicament.

Back