Randy, Chuck, Tito, Vitor, Ken

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Just wanted to do a quick thread about these 5 dudes. Quite frankly, i was wayyyy into Pride at the time and these 5 got me back into the UFC with their rivalries at 205 ( which is why it saddens me to see the heinous state 205 is in now.)

So for those who were watching at the time....how do you rank these guys?

Also here is some footage of some of their fights and tito trash talking ken and chuck back in the day

Just wanted to do a quick thread about these 5 dudes. Quite frankly, i was wayyyy into Pride at the time and these 5 got me back into the UFC with their rivalries at 205 ( which is why it saddens me to see the heinous state 205 is in now.)

So for those who were watching at the time....how do you rank these guys?

Also here is some footage of some of their fights and tito trash talking ken and chuck back in the day

The Ken who fought Tito was a pure hype job, way past his prime, already in Pride...

Hair genetics from best to worst:

Ken Shamrock (Norwood 1 going strong in his mid 50s with very little diffused thinning)

Vitor Belfort (Norwood 2 early 40s, still very solid hairline with no visible breach at the vertex)

Chuck Liddell
(Norwood 3 in late 40s, but very hard to tell with his mohawk style which deserves bonus points. Vertex has not been breached)

Tito Ortiz
(struggling with hair loss in both temple and vertex areas since his late 30s, tried to hide it by bleaching his hair and having buzz cuts, finally shaved it off)

Randy Couture
(visibly balding since his early 20s)

Chocolate L
Handy
Tito
Vitor
Ken

Tough to rank them. All 5 guys are so accomplished

1.Randy: Two belts, beat all of the other guys except Ken (although took two Ls to Chuck)

2. Chuck: Beat Tito twice, beat Vitor, beat Randy twice. Has the best record of the group but Randy's HW success has me rank him higher

3. Tito: Got owned by Chuck and Randy but defended the title 5 times. Beat Vitor and Ken x3.

4. Vitor: Lost to most of these guys but had one hell of a career. His lack of a true title win/reign puts him below the top 3 imo

5. Ken: Pioneer and a legend but the last of the group imo. I'm sure someone will disagree with this because they want to show off that they watched Pancrease but in my opinion he wasn't as great as the others. No shame in that though, it's 5 absolute legends of the sport

1.Randy: Two belts, beat all of the other guys except Ken (although took two Ls to Chuck)

2. Chuck: Beat Tito twice, beat Vitor, beat Randy twice. Has the best record of the group but Randy's HW success has me rank him higher

3. Tito: Got owned by Chuck and Randy but defended the title 5 times. Beat Vitor and Ken x3.

4. Vitor: Lost to most of these guys but had one hell of a career. His lack of a true title win/reign puts him below the top 3 imo

5. Ken: Pioneer and a legend but the last of the group imo. I'm sure someone will disagree with this because they want to show off that they watched Pancrease but in my opinion he wasn't as great as the others. No shame in that though, it's 5 absolute legends of the sport
"I'm sure someone will disagree with this because they want to show off that they watched Pancrease"

lmao... so it´s compulsory to agree with u on this topic?!?

"I'm sure someone will disagree with this because they want to show off that they watched Pancrease"

lmao... so it´s compulsory to agree with u on this topic?!?

You missed the point by about a mile there

Bro, the 205 division from 2003-2005 was simply the deepest and most talented pool of pure killers. UFC vs Pride with Shogun, Arona, Wandy, Rampage, Liddell, Tito, Couture and Belfort
mauricio-shogun-vs-ricardo-arona-no-pride.jpg

Wanderlei-Silva-vs-Quinton-Jackson-2.jpg

tito-ortiz-chuck-liddell-ufc-66.jpg

20150518095354_BELFORT_X_COUTURE1.JPG

The way I see it, I either agree with ya or Im showing off...

I was making a joke because generally on Sherdog the angriest people in regards to rankings are people supporting the oldest fighters and quite often they only do it because they want to prove how long they've been watching the sport to everyone else

If you want to rank Ken wherever you want you go for it. You can make a reasonable argument for him being higher

As long as it isn't some "I watched Pancrase and Ken is the greatest fighter and if you disagree it's because you're a TUF newb" bullshit lol

I guess that shit is less common these days but this place used to be full of those guys for years

I was making a joke because generally on Sherdog the angriest people in regards to rankings are people supporting the oldest fighters and quite often they only do it because they want to prove how long they've been watching the sport to everyone else

If you want to rank Ken wherever you want you go for it. You can make a reasonable argument for him being higher

As long as it isn't some "I watched Pancrase and Ken is the greatest fighter and if you disagree it's because you're a TUF newb" bullshit lol

I guess that shit is less common these days but this place used to be full of those guys for years
ok u looked seriouz...

It was epic when Tito pissed Ken off at the pre-fight presser and Ken kicked a chair and kicked it foul and hurt his foot like the dumb ass that he is, I enjoyed all of their runs in the UFC even Ken's

crazy how vitor just had his last fight. i know he was young when he started but the others have been cooked for quite some time.

I like the breakdown and placement. Good order, my friend.

crazy how vitor just had his last fight. i know he was young when he started but the others have been cooked for quite some time.

In B4 Chuck and Tito fight in Golden Boy MMA this year

Back