Radically Broke. Need to train.

O

Overtures

I trained for about four years straight about five years ago. I gained a lot of weight, but started to exercise and in the past 5 months have lost about 20 pounds. With the new lifestyle comes a hunger to get back on the mat.

Actually, when my wife left me, she literally asked if I was going to start BJJ again. I told her I wanted to. She said I should. It's like she new it was elemental to me.

Anyways, I'm broke AF and can't afford a gym membership. What's a broke ass dude like me to do?

You can't get a job? I would say Judo is a lot cheaper than BJJ, it would at least suffice until you can make reasonable money - when you earn a decent amount, you can either quit and go back to bjj, and maybe take judo part time.

Lol. Like someone said get a job.

You can do a mat fee, pay like $20 for one class a week. That's 4 class a month right there and if you can go to open mats too, even better.

The open mat thing is real. I usually do not go but have a couple time in the last month. I have met a few guys that do not belong to a gym but they train 3 days a week. They just show up to open mat nights.
One thing I noticed is they were super nice and even offered to vaccum and mop after. Hespect

Get a labor job. workout to make money, make money to work out.

Get a labor job. workout to make money, make money to work out.

I don't think people who give this advice train much or have trained for very long. Labor jobs and hard regular training mix very poorly. Both wreck your body without building it up enough to compensate.

I don't think people who give this advice train much or have trained for very long. Labor jobs and hard regular training mix very poorly. Both wreck your body without building it up enough to compensate.
i train 14 hours a week.
it was a joke.

i also used to train 12 hours a week while working 50, not at labor jobs but back of the house

Back