Your Parents Buy You Things Still?

Dogpound2020

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I got a membership recently to a boxing gym in Toronto. I used to be obsessed from 11yo to 18yo, almost trained daily and then broke my hand in a match.

Anywho, I came home for family day and me mom had a new ‘under armor/the rock’ matching shirt and gym shoes and new hand wraps. I didn’t ask for any of this. She also bought me groceries to take back.

I’m 35, and it just felt kinda odd. Do your parents do this still?

My Mom bought me the spitting image copy of the 1983 Z28 Camaro that I had in High School. It's an '84 but same color, interior, and also has t-tops.

She's in home hospice / end of life care and it's her "goodbye" present to me.

Parents are going to do for their adult kids if they can and it makes both parties happy.

My old man, who I hadn't talked to in months , last Monday called and asked if he could drop something off... bought me a pair of Steeltoe Redwing Boots... Probably his way of reaching out... I should probably do the same.

My Mom bought me the spitting image copy of the 1983 Z28 Camaro that I had in High School. It's an '84 but same color, interior, and also has t-tops.

She's in home hospice / end of life care and it's her "goodbye" present to me.

Parents are going to do for their adult kids if they can and it makes both parties happy.
Damn that's wild. Do you drive it?

My old man, who I hadn't talked to in months , last Monday called and asked if he could drop something off... bought me a pair of Steeltoe Redwing Boots... Probably his way of reaching out... I should probably do the same.
Regift them to him for Fathers Day…

I happens, mom buy me stuff now and then.
I think its a nice way of her thinking of me.
She does it for all us kids.
Its more the thought than anything.

I spoke to an old guy and got the impression he bought his somewhat loser son a brand new American muscle car and has him living in one of his condos.

All the time.

I have to be careful to what I say around my dad.

Ex: Few month ago, I said that my microwave broke during a family dinner

The day after when I came home from work,
There was a new one in the kitchen...

Im not broke at all btw.
Im into 6 figures ffs...

My mom does.

Bribes, so when she goes on her diatribes about my father, I feel obligated to listen to them.

I just gifted my dad a copy of Baulders Gate 3 on Steam. We just went through our normal not talking to each other for six months thing.
Seems like adult relationships with your father can be a little tricky.

NGL my parents love to give us money. We don't need it, but they do anyways. The amount they give us every year pays for at least 1 kids private school tuition. If anyone is spoiled it's my sister. They've been living at my parents second home for almost 10 years rent free. My parents could easily rent it out for $4k/month, probably more now a days with inflation. Not only that, but they basically took over my Mom's car since she doesn't like to drive and rather catch the bus (Oahu has a good bus system).

Accept that they love you and still wish to provide for you. I wouldn't take it as somehow emasculating or a slight on your character.

All the time.

I have to be careful to what I say around my dad.

Ex: Few month ago, I said that my microwave broke during a family dinner

The day after when I came home from work,
There was a new one in the kitchen...

Im not broke at all btw.
Im into 6 figures ffs...
You'll always be his child. Age doesn't matter one bit.

Back