Racquel Pennington as BW champ of the world proves one thing.

I mean the “evolution” and “new wave of more talented fighters” thing has been over exaggerated in general.

I think overall the talent from entry level UFC guys to the elite has gotten deeper. You see fighters coming in from all over the world with much better takedown/submission defense at the lower levels but the guys at the very top being night and day better is just not true.

The older more skilled fighters eventually hit a wall and get beat by less skilled younger guys. I mean you look at UFC heavyweight and there are guys that get taken down and literally have no idea what to do and you have people saying “Fedor couldn’t hang with the NEW BREED” lol.

DDP, Strickland, and Pennington show that MMA has not evolved as much as we think.

I mean the “evolution” and “new wave of more talented fighters” thing has been over exaggerated in general.

I think overall the talent from entry level UFC guys to the elite has gotten deeper. You see fighters coming in from all over the world with much better takedown/submission defense at the lower levels but the guys at the very top being night and day better is just not true.

The older more skilled fighters eventually hit a wall and get beat by less skilled younger guys. I mean you look at TOP 10 UFC heavyweight and there are guys that get taken down and literally have no idea what to do from any position and you have people saying “Fedor couldn’t hang with the NEW BREED” lol.

DDP, Strickland, and Pennington show that MMA has not evolved as much as we think.

Back