Law Quebec Passed Sweeping Legislation to Enforce the use of French.

Good. Québec is French speaking and all the haters can move to post national rest of canada. Good riddance.
I truly believe Québec would greatly benefit from independence or the highest degree of autonomy. Both political and economical.

Territories gain independence all the time.

It sounds like they believe they are independen in all but the most legal sense.
Canada has a smaller population than California (and a smaller GDP for that matter). They want to remain a world power on some level. They're not giving up people, territory and money.

Grilled Cheese.

If I said it, I meant it: Grilled Cheese!!!

Why when they hate the " English " side? Money?
Who knows, the idea of independence would come with a lot of questions. What territory do they keep being a big one. They almost certainly wouldn’t get the entirety of the province as large swaths of the land are occupied by indigenous peoples who are almost certainly going to choose to remain within Canada. Montreal would probably choose to remain as well. It’s not really a feasible option and I think a lot of Quebecers realize it.

Canada should just let them go at this point.

See my answer below.

My only question is why haven't you guy split and let them go their own way?

Allowing Quebec to completely separate would cut Canada in half. The entire eastern part of Canada would be cut off from Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and BC.

They would also likely claim territorial waters in the St.Lawrence Seaway, potentially causing issues geting goods from the Atlantic ocean into the Great Lakes and vice versa.

If Quebec was Nunavut or Yukon or North West Territories, I bet the vast majority of Canadians would be overjoyed to see the whiny cry babies fuck off for good.

They take undeserved handouts from the rest of Canada while holding up their middle finger to the people giving them money. It's disgraceful.

The majority of Quebecers don’t want to separate.

Do you have a source for that? I was in Montreal (St Lambert) in 1995 for the last referedum on separation, and "NO" won by 1.16% of the vote. The final numbers were "Yes" 49.42% and "No" 50.58%.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Quebec_referendum

If you have a poll or article that shows public opinion has greatly swayed in favor of "NO" in the last couple decades, I'd love to read it.

Why when they hate the " English " side? Money?

French vs English has been ongoing since France and England both attempted to colonise Canada back in the 1500s.

At this point the French are like the South Park "They took our jerbs!!!" meme. All they do is take money from Canada and cry about how hard they have it, and how the evil English are out to get them and wipe the French language from human history.

700 years later, Quebec still speaks French (and English) - and still hasn't stopped the ridiculous pearl clutching and hand wringing.

Quebec is like a bitch ass kid that threatens to leave the parents all the time yet expects the weekly allowance.

See my answer below.

Allowing Quebec to completely separate would cut Canada in half. The entire eastern part of Canada would be cut off from Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and BC.

They would also likely claim territorial waters in the St.Lawrence Seaway, potentially causing issues geting goods from the Atlantic ocean into the Great Lakes and vice versa.

If Quebec was Nunavut or Yukon or North West Territories, I bet the vast majority of Canadians would be overjoyed to see the whiny cry babies fuck off for good.

They take undeserved handouts from the rest of Canada while holding up their middle finger to the people giving them money. It's disgraceful.

Do you have a source for that? I was in Montreal (St Lambert) in 1995 for the last referedum on separation, and "NO" won by 1.16% of the vote. The final numbers were "Yes" 49.42% and "No" 50.58%.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Quebec_referendum

If you have a poll or article that shows public opinion has greatly swayed in favor of "NO" in the last couple decades, I'd love to read it.

French vs English has been ongoing since France and England both attempted to colonise Canada back in the 1500s.

At this point the French are like the South Park "They took our jerbs!!!" meme. All they do is take money from Canada and cry about how hard they have it, and how the evil English are out to get them and wipe the French language from human history.

700 years later, Quebec still speaks French (and English) - and still hasn't stopped the ridiculous pearl clutching and hand wringing.
https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.3788110

it’s certainly not as concrete as a referendum, but there seems to be quite a few of these polls where people express similar sentiments.

Reactions: Err
Mooching ass province already gets way beyond their fair share of equalization payments. Now they want extra resources for their language. Just assimilate already.

This is all while being discriminatory AF towards other cultures and religions mind you

Back