PWD 428: Mike Anthony >>>> Kevin Owens

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Cody Runnels

2. Cody Rhodes

3. The American Nightmare

4. Stardust

5 . Cody

Fuck I don't know if I even have a top 5 wrestlers of all time. But Bret and Kurt would be there for sure.

1. 1995-1997 HBK
2. 2002-10 HBK
3. 1992-94 IC title HBK
4. Rocker HBK
5. Retired HBK

It's simple really. The two biggest clichés when embarking on the indies. Complaining about WWE and Bullet Club, Cody literally did both.

Instead, you have Cody in either a podcast, a YouTube video, a Tweet, anything really, say "In his career, my father; the late, great, Dusty Rhodes won 65 championships, in 14 different territories. Having an entire career in the WWE, I didn't even realise that the spirit of the territories where my father always thrived had been rekindled, and has inspired me to bring back the traditional professional wrestling values, I want to experience pro wrestling the way my father told me about, so I am going to make it my goal to amass 65 championships before my career ends"

That can be played as a babyface or a heel, it can be carried over in case he decides to go back to WWE, it panders to the neckbeard crowd, and it's an overarching story, and because he's Cody Rhodes, he could actually do that.

So I guess you didn't see after he first left when he posted that list ...

RhodesList.jpg

Multiple different companies those on that list work for. I don't remember who had belts at the time but most have had them at some point between then and now.

It's not 65 territories but really this is the same underlying idea. And I'm actually not sure if the "following in my father's footsteps" would be the best way to contextualize it, but that may have been better than just posting the list itself.

And I actually do like the American Nightmare thing - as he's not portraying himself as an everyman. He's portraying himself as an elite.

1. Bret
2. Kurt
3. Rock
4. Austin
5. Giant Gonzalez

So I guess you didn't see after he first left when he posted that list ...

RhodesList.jpg

Multiple different companies those on that list work for. I don't remember who had belts at the time but most have had them at some point between then and now.

It's not 65 territories but really this is the same underlying idea. And I'm actually not sure if the "following in my father's footsteps" would be the best way to contextualize it, but that may have been better than just posting the list itself.

And I actually do like the American Nightmare thing - as he's not portraying himself as an everyman. He's portraying himself as an elite.

That's another trap of the indies that I meant to include, the "Now I'm finally gonna have good matches!"

But, going after "65 Championships" actually has a story, a reason to go see him, as opposed to "Cody Rhodes vs. This Guy", "Cody Rhodes vs. that guy" because you're gonna run out of opponents. Especially when he's closing in on 65 and 66.

I'm typing from a laptop and I can see all your icons. Its a beautiful site. I feel like a blind man that has gained vision. I can see AVs and signatures. @Count Zero Has me on his sig, I think I'm going to cry.

As for my top 5, I'll only consider 1995 to current day since I was born in 1986 and didn't get to enjoy many of the wrestling legends live in real time.:
Shawn "the heart break kid" Michaels
Bret "the hitman" Hart
Hulk "hulkamania brother" Hogan
Steve "stone cold" Austin
John Cena

Everyone wants to be cool and buddy up with the "top indy guys" in their little club. Fuck that. I'm better than all of you, I made it while you haven't, I'm above anything you could do and when I get you in the ring I'm gonna run circles all around you cause you just think that you're good while I know that I am

That's another trap of the indies that I meant to include, the "Now I'm finally gonna have good matches!"

But, going after "65 Championships" actually has a story, a reason to go see him, as opposed to "Cody Rhodes vs. This Guy", "Cody Rhodes vs. that guy" because you're gonna run out of opponents. Especially when he's closing in on 65 and 66.
So you want Cody to go on an Expeeedeeshun of gold?
Hmmm...

So you want Cody to go on an Expeeedeeshun of gold?
Hmmm...

Yes. I'm sick of this "Oh, hey guys, I want to put on a real nice match for you to watch! I promise I'll do all the flips, and dives, I'll kick people as hard as I can, and I won't sell shit, because that's modern wrestling".

Fuck that, I want "Hey assholes, you got a belt? I'm taking the fucker, then I'm going there and taking their's as well"

Yes. I'm sick of this "Oh, hey guys, I want to put on a real nice match for you to watch! I promise I'll do all the flips, and dives, I'll kick people as hard as I can, and I won't sell shit, because that's modern wrestling".

Fuck that, I want "Hey assholes, you got a belt? I'm taking the fucker, then I'm going there and taking their's as well"

"and after I beat you, I'm gonna fuck your bitch"

too much?

I was being rhetorical
And hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back