PWD 428: Mike Anthony >>>> Kevin Owens

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that he called him Kevin Steen shows what an asshole this guy is. Just another example of how the CM Punk era of wrestling fans have become keyboard social justice warriors when they don’t get their way.

Aren't we all part of the "CM Punk era" of wrestling fans?

Everyone wants to be cool and buddy up with the "top indy guys" in their little club. Fuck that. I'm better than all of you, I made it while you haven't, I'm above anything you could do and when I get you in the ring I'm gonna run circles all around you cause you just think that you're good while I know that I am

Thanks for posting this, I've never seen it before.

Maybe on some level, guys like the Bucks and guys like Lesnar are actually doing two different types of performance inside of the same setting. So, I don't know what you want to call it. Just that they both make a shitload of money off people paying to see them.

For sure. They're both getting paid. Brock is Brock fucking Lesnar arguably the most legit pro wrestler ever. The Young Bucks are guys who look like they would get stuffed in a locker in high school, but whatever, people pay to see them. I try to enjoy both types for what they are, entertainment.

The fact that he called him Kevin Steen shows what an asshole this guy is. Just another example of how the CM Punk era of wrestling fans have become keyboard social justice warriors when they don’t get their way.

As an aside, thanks for pointing out that SJW doesn't actually mean anything.

1. Stone Cold Steve Austin
2. Stunning Steve Austin
3. Superstar Steve Austin
4. The Ringmaster
5. BRAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!

Aren't we all part of the "CM Punk era" of wrestling fans?

No, there is a very distinct brand of wrestling fans who came up when WWE brought up CM Punk and Daniel Bryan. The "this is wrestling'/ 'we call wrestlers by their real names' crowd we saw in TNA and ROH started bleeding into WWE when WWE signed more of their guys. What made them worse is then Punk became a top star and one of the most whiny superstars of all time, his fans the TNA/ROH fanbase started to parrot his complaints and slowly became the most whiny fanbase of all time which is why I call them the 'CM Punk era of wrestling fans'.

Fuck you @Sexy. Fuck you right in your black heart and frigid soul, you son of a bitch.

I went back to work today.

As an aside, thanks for pointing out that SJW doesn't actually mean anything.

Putting your lefty weeaboo bias aside, you will notice a scary similarity between SJWs and Wrestling Fans in the way they act.

No, there is a very distinct brand of wrestling fans who came up when WWE brought up CM Punk and Daniel Bryan. The "this is wrestling'/ 'we call wrestlers by their real names' crowd we saw in TNA and ROH started bleeding into WWE when WWE signed more of their guys. What made them worse is then Punk became a top star and one of the most whiny superstars of all time, his fans the TNA/ROH fanbase started to parrot his complaints and slowly became the most whiny fanbase of all time which is why I call them the 'CM Punk era of wrestling fans'.

I'm borderline old school - started watching back in 1985/86 - but I call wrestlers by their real names. Call me a smark if you want, but I'll be damned if I'm going to call Earthquake "The Shark." Bubba Ray Dudley and D-von Dudley's mama didn't name her boys Bully or Brother. And I'll be damned if I call Brutus Beefcake the Booty Man. Or the Butcher. Or the Zodiac.

I'm borderline old school - started watching back in 1985/86 - but I call wrestlers by their real names. Call me a smark if you want, but I'll be damned if I'm going to call Earthquake "The Shark." Bubba Ray Dudley and D-von Dudley's mama didn't name her boys Bully or Brother. And I'll be damned if I call Brutus Beefcake the Booty Man. Or the Butcher. Or the Zodiac.

What about Mr. Ass?

I'm not officially back full time, so instead of salary I'm getting paid an hourly rate for the time I bill. Based on that rate, I would actually make more than my salary if I reached our normal minimum billable hours for the year. I don't intend to do that this year, but possibly next year. I wonder if they'll notice that if/when the time comes.

I get what you are saying but I think the word "era" is the wrong word.

Putting your lefty weeaboo bias aside, you will notice a scary similarity between SJWs and Wrestling Fans in the way they act.

I think you're missing the point that wrestling in 2017 is incredibly fan driven. One bitchy wrestling fan is a nuisance, 100,000 bitchy wrestling fans is something you have to respond to. Yeah some people do go full retard, but it's still real to them damnit. I think elevating overzealous wrestling fans to "social justice warriors" really just serves to prove the point that it simply doesn't really mean anything more than a general pejorative for anything that isn't palatable. And that's cool, everyone has their boogeyman. Just don't work yourself into a shoot over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back