Punk ska hardcore folk billy all that lesser known crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
And a blast from the past. Saw these dudes a couple of times in taiwan. Such a party band.

And then one of the few bands you could use the same words at the food stalls and the merch tents and come away happy

Smackin Isaiah

This thread doesn't have a much pop-punk

Humble Beginings (I only like a couple of their songs, but this one's really good)

Lanemeyer (1997) Catchy chorus

this shit was all over the radio here in SD

them tony hawk pro skater royalties

and I'm pretty sure this was the first subllime single/music vid i ever saw on mtv/heard on the radio (followed by what I got and then santeria)

Thought about both those at work yesterday and was going to post them, but you beat me to it. Rancid even played Timebomb (and Ruby Soho) on Saturday Night Live in the late 90's, I'm not sure but I think Goldfinger might've been on SNL too, "Here in Your Bedroom" was the Goldfinger song they played the most on the radio here. I'm in Canada so the radio's a bit different here though.

Here in Your Bedroom" was the Goldfinger song they played the most on the radio here. I'm in Canada so the radio's a bit different here though.

This one got love here. I saw them dudes with my mom way back when

This one got love here. I saw them dudes with my mom way back when

The video got a lot of play here, not so much on the radio.

This one got A LOT of play in 2002 as well. Forgot about this song, haven't heard it in 10+ years.

Love this song, Pennywise covering the Circle Jerks

Stayed up late last night listening to the Broadways.. A couple of my favourite Broadways tracks.

My favourite Skolars song

Thats my second fave

Thats my fave fave. Had a lot of first with my wife to this album.

I remember being hart broken when they stopped doing this one live. The girl thats about was a pal of my sisters.

Thanks for putting that up so we all can enjoy it

Here's another one that got a lot of play on mainstream radio and muchmusic in the 90's here.
Schleprock - America's Dirty Little Secret

Cooley's Market (only song I've heard from them, I've always liked it a lot though.

Parka Kings (I got this cd for free from Telegraph when I saw them open for The Suicide Machines in Toronto, they threw them out into the crowd and I caught one)

CFB - Long ( the ska part starts about 45 seconds in)

Thats my second fave

Thats my fave fave. Had a lot of first with my wife to this album.

I remember being hart broken when they stopped doing this one live. The girl thats about was a pal of my sisters.

Thanks for putting that up so we all can enjoy it

That's pretty cool about your sister's friend.

No problem. Hopefully YouTube doesn't take them down

Parka Kings (I got this cd for free from Telegraph when I saw them open for The Suicide Machines in Toronto, they threw them out into the crowd and I caught one)

the other song on there 2 million dollars is better but its another one thats nowhere on youtube and I still havent gotten around to sending out my cd order. parka kings were one of my all time faves from around here. and that comp is my fave of all time. Every song on it is good.

I had 3 jump up patches between my backback and jacket and was convinced that no label even came close to the awesomeness jump up was puttin out. Asian man came close though.

Im stuck on some Johnny hobo tonight

My wife has informed that its screechy and sucks

the other song on there 2 million dollars is better but its another one thats nowhere on youtube and I still havent gotten around to sending out my cd order. parka kings were one of my all time faves from around here. and that comp is my fave of all time. Every song on it is good.

I had 3 jump up patches between my backback and jacket and was convinced that no label even came close to the awesomeness jump up was puttin out. Asian man came close though.

Im stuck on some Johnny hobo tonight

My wife has informed that its screechy and sucks

After I posted that I saw that you just posted them in the "songs with great horns" thread, I thought that was pretty funny.

Here ya go,

Yeah, that song is better, forgot about it. I've always been more into the punk/ska, then the ska/punk bands. Jump Up is still functioning so I don't want to post too much of their stuff. I was thinking about uploading some songs from American Skathic II (on JumpUp Ska) but I didn't really like any of them much... except for The Parka Kings track which I ripped but didn't post.

Asian Man, Dill, Hopeless records, and Elevator music... They ran Ska, as far as I was concerned in the late 90's

Play your wife some "Gas Up Yr Hearse", they make Johnny Hobo sound like a baritone singer.

After I posted that I saw that you just posted them in the "songs with great horns" thread, I thought that was pretty funny.

God your on a roll putting my fave songs up on youtube. I been wishing this one would pop up off and on for years.

Asian Man, Dill, Hopeless records, and Elevator music... They ran Ska, as far as I was concerned in the late 90's

You forgot moonska man

They were killin it in the 90s too but at the time a lot of that was a more traditional sound that took me some growing up to truly appreciate

If you make it down here to michigan let me know man theres still plenty of good shows and bands roaming round these parts and if you are still playing in bands id love to check your shit out live.

God your on a roll putting my fave songs up on youtube. I been wishing this one would pop up off and on for years.

You forgot moonska man

They were killin it in the 90s too but at the time a lot of that was a more traditional sound that took me some growing up to truly appreciate

If you make it down here to michigan let me know man theres still plenty of good shows and bands roaming round these parts and if you are still playing in bands id love to check your shit out live.

That Japanese comp I posted a bunch of songs from a page or two ago was on Moon Ska. I didn't really appreciate much of their stuff until I got older.

Thanks for the offer, you never know. I wish I knew people here that played punk/ska/screamo type stuff. My old band still play from time to time but they're too far away.

I couldn't get into traditional ska when I was younger either. If their wasn't some punk in their music I didn't care.

Rhymemaster... my favourite song on the comp (wasn't ever able to find anything else from him/them)

Red Devlin & The Tormentors - False Positive (I didn't like this one much when the album came out but it's grown on me over the years)

Thanks for the offer, you never know. I wish I knew people here that played punk/ska/screamo type stuff. My old band still play from time to time but they're too far away.

Yea I wish I played but I would be a detriment to any band I was in because I dont have time for that kind of commitment and I dont get into anything I cant give my all. I havent tried to be in a band since i was like19 . I can play the bass and sing but I cant make a day have 40 hours :)

Another good one

Yea I wish I played but I would be a detriment to any band I was in because I dont have time for that kind of commitment and I dont get into anything I cant give my all. I havent tried to be in a band since i was like19 . I can play the bass and sing but I cant make a day have 40 hours :)

Another good one

That's an issue for me too. I can only jam, don't have the time to be in a full time band, I much prefer just jamming and making it up as you go anyways. Both neighbours behind my house play drums, and my next door neighbours is amazing on the guitar and also has drums, his neighbour is really good on guitar too, but none of them play punk or like weird music like me. I got a bass guitar and a set of drums as a tip from a customer last year, so now we all have drums. Crazy.

This was my first Rocksteady album.

neighbours

Speaking of those mine is actually in several different bands and a pretty decent fellow. Lets hear some of that....

I always tell em we should jam some ska and he always tells me he hates that shit :)

I always harass em to play kiss the bottle twice and heckle em during band practice too. Its a small world man it cracked me up that it turned out I already new my neighbor when I moved in

The punk scene in Detroit has really shrunk since the 90s and the dudes that are in bands seem to be in like 5 of them.

Speaking of those mine is actually in several different bands and a pretty decent fellow. Lets hear some of that....

I always tell em we should jam some ska and he always tells me he hates that shit :)

I always harass em to play kiss the bottle twice and heckle em during band practice too. Its a small world man it cracked me up that it turned out I already new my neighbor when I moved in

The punk scene in Detroit has really shrunk since the 90s and the dudes that are in bands seem to be in like 5 of them.

To be fair, punk guitar is a lot more fun to play then ska guitar. With bass it's usually the opposite.

I have a good small world story. About 20 years ago My aunt and uncle were visiting from Scotland, they rented a car and went down to the outlet malls in Buffalo. They were standing on a street corner in downtown Buffalo (far from the strip malls) and a couple came up and asked them for directions. They recognized each others accents and talked, it turned out they lived 8 houses down from each other on the same street in Scotland, had never met, and then met in Buffalo in a street corner.

I think the punk scene has shrunk everywhere... apart from maybe in Eastern Europe

I have a good small world story. About 20 years ago My aunt and uncle were visiting from Scotland, they rented a car and went down to the outlet malls in Buffalo. They were standing on a street corner in downtown Buffalo (far from the strip malls) and a couple came up and asked them for directions. They recognized each others accents and talked, it turned out they lived 8 houses down from each other on the same street in Scotland, had never met, and then met in Buffalo in a street corner.

I love stories like that man.

i just found out im going to see the rebel spies and agaent orange next week.

Ive got this bad feeling I am sposed to already be doing something on the day they play. My memory sucks I hope im wrong.

White Trash Rob's podcast has me rediscovering my love of Blood for Blood.

Seriously, if you ever have some time to kill, watch these two episodes. Two stories related to buying heroin and touring as an addict. If you're at all interested in that sort of thing, it's very compelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back