Proof that boxing is dead

how anyone can buy a boxing PPV and enjoy the whole card is beyond me

I am a fight fan and rather watch paint dry

hours of cost cutting production and boring fights with no names all leading up to a Mayweather fight in which he pitter patters and dances for 12 rounds (nah, its art bro, its boxing science bro!!!). and you can never tell who is winning or losing because the judge's scores or so fucking wonky. Mayweather could throw zero punches in a round and win it somehow

yeah sign me up for $100 for that filth
as a huge boxing fan, your pretty much conditioned to be interested in one fight and one fight only, Canelo-GGG 2 had a great card in boxing standards but dear god no one showed up at the arena until the main event which was 2 hours later after the previous bout (horrible structure) , also fights are generally 30-36 minutes maximum, having 5 of them is pretty exhausting to watch especially if the action isn't as packed because the variables of fight outcomes with mma (ie submissions, ground fighting, clinch work, standard boxing, kickboxing) is infinitely more easier to follow than the boxing product, so generally your only interested in the main event, mma also benefits with 3 round fights and main events with 5 rounds, ie it doesn't burn out the consumer, honestly after i watched tyson Fury the other month, i was burnt out before the Frampton main event and was on my phone til the ko

Boxing is not boring. Two men standing toe to toe and trying to take someone's heads off is alpha.

I am lucky that I love both boxing and mma. However, gun to head I will always choose boxing first!

Conor Mcgregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov weren't the only top P4P fighters to compete this weekend. Two of the best P4P boxers in the world competed this weekend: Srisaket Sor Rungivsai and Naoya Inoue. Both are universally ranked top 10 P4P in the boxing world: http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...s-terence-crawford-leapfrogs-gennady-golovkin

Despite them being two of the best P4P boxers in the world, literally nobody gave a shit about their fights. In fairness, Sor Rungvisai had a gimme opponent at ONEFc. However, Naoya Inoue took on a legitimate opponent on Payano, with Inoue scoring his second straight 1st round KO in brutal fashion.

This is not an anti-boxing thread. It's just shows the sad state of boxing that you can have a guy like Naoya Inoue competing, who should be a superstar, and nobody gives a shit.

I've never heard of either lol.

I read the fight had 5m viewers in Japan (it may have even been just a region of Japan). That's anything but "dead".

Nah, boxing is doing ok.
media.media.667cec37-e472-48fa-93e1-8cbcf0419464.original1024.jpg

Boxing will never die. Just look how long it's been around. It has it's ups and downs depending on the level of stars at the time. Certainly the HW division has been bad for a long time but people are now talking about and there is a fight that fans are demanding Wilder/Joshua. Thins are changing with ESPN+ and DAZN deals. We'll see where it goes. There are legions of boxing fans who turn their nose up to MMA and vice versa but both are dependent on star power and will thus experience a wild roller coaster ride.

Boxing at some point will have to fix their alphabet soup issue with so many different champions and fighter under different promoters not fighting guys under other promoters.

their fights were good but still does not compare to a top level MMA fight where anything can happen, someone can go stiff at the blink of an eye, a submission or takedown can come, etc

you just knew those guys were going decision
MMA can't touch boxing when it comes to a big fight feel.

Last edited:
Anthony Joshua is getting there, just not state side
He is obviously huge in GB, but elsewhere not so much. Can't compare him to Tyson. I was around when Tyson was at his peak (I actually started boxing right at that time, incidentally). EVERYONE here in Europe knew who he was. And now, 30 years later, I'm living between Asia and Europe, and it seems clear to me that everyone knows who he is wherever I go.

Mention Anthony Joshua, on the other hand... You're just going to draw a blank stare. Even in boxing gyms you'll find people who have now clue who he is. Interestingly, a lot people seem to know who Evander Holyfield is. But Joshua? Nope.

What's popular in your country ≠ what's popular around the world. Boxing is huge in some places and not so huge in others.

Tyron vs Till did under 200k....MMA is dead... See how easy it is to pick and choose??

Boxing is in the top of the world right now i dont know what the fuk are you talking

Boxing needs another Mike Tyson figure again to draw big.
Mike would be wasted on this era of promoters. Deontay Wilder is an unbeaten ko artist. Finished all of his opponents bar one, and he re-matched him and ko'd him. But for some reason he as less instagram followers than Jon Jones.

That is a huge promotional fail.

Back